Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 Summer Blast

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the medium and longer courses. I don't want to go to a major match and shoot if half the stages are short courses.

Not unless you double or triple the short stages on a bay so the match becomes 18 stages. 9 short, 6 medium and 3 long might not be bad. Of course 18 stages in a 1/2 day format could be tough. :blink:

Eric

I DON'T WANT TO GO to any major match that only has 3 long courses even if it has 18 stages total. :angry:

Turn it around and have 9 long courses, 6 mediums, and 3 shorts and I'll be in heaven. :rolleyes:

Edited by CHRIS KEEN

OK you guys have got it........we will stay with the same format as in past years. 6 31 or 32 round long courses of fire and 4 short or medium courses of fire. I am going to use the classic targets on one or two of the short/medium courses. Plan on 230-240 rounds, oh yea don't forget about the 40-50 round shotgun side match. We will be offering time slots this year to help you plan and make better use of the time on the range.

I think that is a good comprimise. I am going to design some stages that can go in as classifiers for Mr. Amidon.

How would you guys like to have a plate rack side shoot. $5 for three runs in an attempt to win a gun. Here is the catch....lets even the playing field a little, D class no time added, C class add .5 sec, B class add 1.0 sec, A class add 1.5, M class add 2.0 and GM add 2.5 seconds to your total time. I think that may level the field a bit and the best time overall combined time of all three runs wins the gun. Run it as many times as you want too, for $5 each. I will try to get a gun donated to use and ammo as well, most likely a 9mm. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input,

Larry

OK you guys have got it........we will stay with the same format as in past years. 6 31 or 32 round long courses of fire and 4 short or medium courses of fire. I am going to use the classic targets on one or two of the short/medium courses. Plan on 230-240 rounds, oh yea don't forget about the 40-50 round shotgun side match. We will be offering time slots this year to help you plan and make better use of the time on the range.

I think that is a good comprimise. I am going to design some stages that can go in as classifiers for Mr. Amidon.

How would you guys like to have a plate rack side shoot. $5 for three runs in an attempt to win a gun. Here is the catch....lets even the playing field a little, D class no time added, C class add .5 sec, B class add 1.0 sec, A class add 1.5, M class add 2.0 and GM add 2.5 seconds to your total time. I think that may level the field a bit and the best time overall combined time of all three runs wins the gun. Run it as many times as you want too, for $5 each. I will try to get a gun donated to use and ammo as well, most likely a 9mm. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input,

Larry

I love the idea but would rather shoot my own gun and ammo. The wife usually beats me 4 of 5 with her wheel gun. As they say, you cannot miss fast enough to win.

Larry last year was my first time to the summer blast and all I can say is that it is on my not to miss list.

It is one of the better run matches I have been to. I would not change any thing at all.

Now with that being said I hope you will have room for a couple of Canadians this year. I promise that we will leave your staff alone this year. :cheers:

I hope you will have room for a couple of Canadians this year. I promise that we will leave your staff alone this year. :cheers:

Joe,

I don't believe that you and Mike can honor that.

What will you do for fun in the evenings??

prh

Joe you and Mike are welcome however he will be shooting open no matter what gun he brings.....MD privledge! Also I almost forgot, Joe you will be required to check holster and mag holder placement! :surprise::surprise:

NOW for what you guys have been waiting for......

:cheers:APPLICATION is ATTACHED, gettem in, the match will fill fast!!!!!!!!

Summer_Blast_Application_2008.doc

Edited by sbmd

Joe you and Mike are welcome however he will be shooting open no matter what gun he brings.....MD privledge! Also I almost forgot, Joe you will be required to check holster and mag holder placement! :surprise::surprise:

NOW for what you guys have been waiting for......

:cheers:APPLICATION is ATTACHED, gettem in, the match will fill fast!!!!!!!!

Larry any thing for you , but I still have my hands off policy :rolleyes: .

I can not wait to go back to this match.

Checking the application, I see no time slots to shoot the Shotgun Side Match on Friday. Is this intentional? Last year you could shoot Friday.

To answer the question, I am not 100% sure about Friday.....if we do the shotgun side match for Friday it most likely would be in the afternoon. We did not have a huge number of participants on Friday last year.

Not to worry, we will make something happen, I will speak to Howard this weekend about this. Yes we left time off, emails will be sent so we can squad 6 people to a squad for the shotgun side match. these guys want to do a better job this year with planning as to not have people waiting. Howard likes to call it the match with a pistol side match....I am ok with that but I remind him we shoot more rounds than they do!

As for the pistol side match, I am thinking of doing this 2 ways, those that want to shoot for money....run what you brung! Meaning Open, Limited, Limited 10, Production, Revolver and SS divisions with a 50/50 split, half goes to the junior fund and the rest goes to the winner. If I can get a gun and ammo provided, shoot for the gun, everyone runs the same gun and ammo, 6 plates....3 runs combined for the best time, we like to reward consistancy! Rules will be posted $5 per 3 runs.

Is there anything else that you guys would like to see at the match, .....scratch that question.

Stages are almost done and we are looking at another match over the 250 round count.....254 :goof: to be exact. We will have a little trickery in for this year. For the first time you will have strong hand and weak hand only shooting! :devil: This is just a test of course.

Get your apps in as I expect this match to fill quickly!

Larry

Hey Larry:

Sorry to Deviate, Any word on the supply of P-30's - Last we traded messages, you felt you could handle the tigger and reset work or refer me to someone who could. Are you shooting one in Production now ?. I am looking to add one to the collection.

Thanks, Jon

Jon Kushner

USPSA # FY51061