Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apacalypto

Watched it last night on DVD. Holy cow.

Amazingly beautiful cinematography. Stunning sets, costumes and makeup. A kinetic action flick that takes your breath away. Mind-numbing violence that isn't gratuitous, despite the (literal) geysers of blood and (literal) piles of bodies.

After it was over I found myself asking "But what is it about?"

Watched it last night on DVD. Holy cow.

Amazingly beautiful cinematography. Stunning sets, costumes and makeup. A kinetic action flick that takes your breath away. Mind-numbing violence that isn't gratuitous, despite the (literal) geysers of blood and (literal) piles of bodies.

After it was over I found myself asking "But what is it about?"

So with that review....is it worth the time?

Sorry guys thumbs down, better than alot of drivel and I guess worth a Netflix pix. thats about it, Very shallow story, lots of attempts but no clear direction, Pick a theme or a point to make and stick too it. seems like this one couldnt decide what it wanted to be.

Sorry guys thumbs down, better than alot of drivel and I guess worth a Netflix pix. thats about it, Very shallow story, lots of attempts but no clear direction, Pick a theme or a point to make and stick too it. seems like this one couldnt decide what it wanted to be.

I think it is Gibson's best work. It didn't garner the accolades it should have, probably because of his drunken rants and because of his success with "The Passion of the Christ".

• 1 month later...

+1 to Merlin's comment, but The Marine would also be a suitable substitute for The Legend of Ricky Bobby.

I had low expectations for this movie thinking no English would be bad, but really liked it.

I guess when I have witnessed real violence and depravity being reminded what people are capable of doing to other people wasnt really my cup of tea. I dont do modern war movies either even though by literary standards many of them are highly reviewed. Pretty much like this movie. Guess I was turned off by the blood and gore to not really see any deeper into it. I'm not a literary ignoramous though I just had a different opinion.