Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My long awaited STI 45 version of a Glock 21

lucas

Its hard not to appreciate glocks with its lighter weight and capacity feature if nothing else.If you ratio the size, weight , price, and capacity available with glocks they could be the best overall pistol in the world but yet i cant get with it and never will.

My mission was to have built my idea of the perfect tactical hand gun ,even if it was going to cost five times more than a glock 21 which is a full size 1911 platform 45acp as close in weight as possible and capacity to a clock 21.

I contacted Ross Carter in jan 04 and the game was on.I just received it yesterday almost 3years 7 months later.I have to commend Carter Custom i was sure i was going to get stiffed the 2K i payed up front in 04,but yet with all Mr Carters problems i read about he still came through.Never would of thunk it.

For the most part its bells and whistle are what i remember after all this time ,atleast the important stuff like alum short dust cover with flash light rail,its caliber,sights,barsto barrel, beaver tail( i didnt want the bump),grip,safety,trigger etc.Mr carter if you read this dont worry i'm perfectly happy, have no complaints thankyou for coming through.

Its all i thought it would be its almost as light as a glock 21 at 30oz with a empty 126mm and hi cap at the same time.I ran over 200 rds through it today and not one hiccup.

IMG]http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff114/girard1911/001-2.jpg[/img]

005-1.jpg

Its a add on made of delrin or somekind of plastic.Its so light and short enough you can still seat 126mm length mags,infact the standard base pad still on the short mags hangs down 1/8" below the bottom of the mag well ,unlike the funnels on my IPSC pistols.Im going to leave it on even though i originally didnt plan on it.If your going to have one on a serious/tactical pistol this one is a good call for STI.

[quote name='yoshidaex' date='Sep 17 2007, 03:48 PM' post='615823'

hard anodize for the frame?

I dont have a clue.If i remember correctly i ordered blue originally but no problem, gives me the reason i have been looking for to paint.

• 2 weeks later...