Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OAKLEY

BOGA

I bought the gold iridium lens for bright days. I searched the oakley website until I found a lens with a lot of contrast but still didn't allow a lot of light transmission. It works well for me. I also got a lens for darker days, can't remember the name but it is somewhere between orange & rose colored. It isn't one of the iridium lenses. It works well in almost any outdoors situation unless it is just really overcast, then a clear lens is what I use. I would like to try the persimmon & see how the contrast is.

I bought my oakley's through work so I don't have any suggestions for stores to buy from.

I will say my iridium lens has taken two good solid hits from bullet splashback off steel & has no evidence whatsoever. There are other good lenses & I would probably buy them if I had to pay oakley's full price. The rudy project lenses seem to be pretty popular with a decent price.

MLM

In this subject...

Could you suggest an online store where I can buy an OAKLEY with a good price?

Thank you!

We talked with an Oakley Rep yesterday. Anybody who discounts off the MSRP gets yanked. So all dealers will have the same price. If you can deal with used ones from an individual you might save a little.

Clear indoors and outdoors i use gray. but rudy project.

I used Oakley for years but once I tried on a pair of Rudy Project glasses, I was sold. Better glass, certified rather than implied protection, and a ton more comfort.

For older shooters, you can also mount your corrective lens in Rudy and still change lenses. If you have Oakely, you have to mail in your lens and they glue the corrective lens to the shade lens of your choice so that gets plenty expensive if you want more than one.

Your milage may vary but before anyone sinks this kind of money in glasses, you need to try a pair of Rudy.

Charles Bond

When I was shooting sporting clays I was sponsored by Oakley. I think thier glasses are very good for shotgunning, contrast with orange or black targets against clouds or blue sky was excellent and ok for treed backgrounds. For rifle and pistol shooting I much prefer Rudy Project with the red racing lens. It works very well on real bright days as well as overcast. If it is reaaly dark or indoors I use the Rudy clear lens. If you break, scratch or other wise damage the Rudy lens they will replace it no questions asked for $20.00.

What tint is good for bright days and which one for over cast or indoor shooting

thanks

I've found VR28 to cover a wide range of conditions. Compared to "gray" lenses, I find the brown color helps with shadow contrast. I have a bunch of M frame lenses in different tints and I always ended up just using Vr28, clear and Black Iridium. Clear for indoors (and reloading), black for really bright days shooting at a range where the reflection off the sand covered shooting pit is intense. YMMV.