Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How I Dryfire

Micah

It makes my picking articles (books, lights, pictures, water bottles, a few targets, etc.) in the house look childish. lol :-)

Looking at the pictures again... I really like those miniature targets. I may have to look into those. Though having those all over the house would drive the fiance crazy. But she'll have to remember its all about progression and accomplishment. :rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Micah's thread has inspired me. I found some printable targets on the glock forums. I modified them abit, namely I left the IPSC target all white except for the lower A zone. Hopefully this will help my mind to think of the B,C,D zones as no shoots. Also for the popper I colored in the sweet spot. You can change them in paint. When you go to print them, make sure you force it onto one full page.

post-5489-1188775303.jpg

post-5489-1188775315.jpg

Micah's thread has inspired me. I found some printable targets on the glock forums. I modified them abit, namely I left the IPSC target all white except for the lower A zone. Hopefully this will help my mind to think of the B,C,D zones as no shoots. Also for the popper I colored in the sweet spot. You can change them in paint. When you go to print them, make sure you force it onto one full page.

I printed some on tan paper and have them hung up in my shop.

I need to make more. They work great.

H E R E is the link for a 1/3 sized USPSA target in pdf format. Yesterday while unpacking more boxes I found the targets that I used to dryfire on 18 months ago...I used the provided pdf to make a template, then used the template to create targets from cardboard boxes. Literally all you need to make these is a printer, some boxes, and a sharp knife.

DSCN1341.jpg

Here's a pic...the purchased target is on the left, and my homemade target on the right. I was dryfiring in a tiny one bedroom apartment, so I shrunk down the pdf even further to compensate for the lack of space.

• 3 weeks later...
Micah's thread has inspired me.

North,

I just wanted to thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country. It is your actions that allow us to enjoy this sport among millions of other things, and I thank you with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart!

-Micah B

OK Micah...you've inspired me too. Tomorrow I'm going to start cleaning out my basement. I may not be able to shoot as good as you but I'm determined to have a better dry fire dojo than you! I'll send you pics so you can be envious :D Thanks for the thread :)

I am flattered to have inspired you with my efforts Jane. The shooting, at least for me through my experiences, is never about being as good as X, rather exceeding X goal.

Your voyage has pushed me farther than you know, and I look forward to the pics of your "Winter Dojo"!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you for great tip how to improve shooting skills. I would like to ask you (and all other here) at tips how to work with trigger when I have DA/SA pistol. First shot DA thas is right I think, but how next? Simulate SA job without brace of trigger spring or how?

Thank you for help.

I will order the book from andersonshooting.com as soon as possible. Do you think that both are usefel for adequate dry fire practise or 1st is enought. I am from Europe, so the way this book is so long...:)

Edited by lukipsc

Im super new and have never shot a match. I just bought my first competition pistol a STI Tactical 4.5 its a single action how would i go about a dry fire session with my set up? how should i position my gear, i have a safari Land levitation holster four mag holders and the belt, also have extra safari land holster similar to the one in the video.

Thank you very much!

Micah - thanks. You have given me something to work on as a newbie, but I don't understand how to do the notecard between the barrel and the slide to keep the gun out of battery. Is this peculiar to your gun or will it work on a gun like the XD? Are you talking about an index card?

Micah - thanks. You have given me something to work on as a newbie, but I don't understand how to do the notecard between the barrel and the slide to keep the gun out of battery. Is this peculiar to your gun or will it work on a gun like the XD? Are you talking about an index card?

What I am doing is placing a tiny piece of notecard...even thick paper between the top of my slide and the barrel lug. This keeps the gun just out of battery enough to allow the trigger to move freely. I have never tried doing this to an XD (don't own one) but after looking at their schematics...couldn't imagine why it wouldn't work. I'll try and post a pic of what I am talking about when I get home today.

Just noticed something watching your video... When you draw you always bring your weak hand (left) up and wipe something off your shirt. At least it looks like you are wiping crumbs off or something. I don't think I've ever seen anyone do that before. Why do you do it? Is it so you know "where" your hand is so you get the grip right all the time?