Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How I Dryfire

Micah

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the following pic, the Q-Tip represents where I place a tiny piece of card stock to keep my Glock slightly out of battery. This has been the best way for me to simulate constant triggering through drills.

DSCN1399.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Micah,

I've seen only today your thread and .... it's GREAT !

Thank you so much for sharing with us your dry-fire ideas and experiences ...

I would like to have a basement or a garage like your: in my (small) home I have a lot of problems with space and I can dry-fire almost in static position and only a little bit of SOTM (... when my wife is out of home ! :rolleyes: ).

The only things that I would add in your dry-fire-room are two barricades (or visual barriers) and possilbly a swinger.

Wishing to you the GM class asap .... :cheers:

Thanks again !

Stefano

• 2 weeks later...

Watching that video was like Deja vu (except that I shoot a revlover). It was really cool to see a garage set up nearly the same as mine. I even called my wife and son into the room to look at the video so that they could see that I was not th only person that turned his garage into a virtual shooting range.

Keep it up, it is the best, and cheapest practice that you can get.

DM

• 1 month later...

Micah,

I just came across the video of your dryfire drills... absolutely incredible. I have only been shooting 6 weeks and my biggest block has been how to practice.

How to put all of the motions together and improve. To see you in the drills really put it all together for me. I do have some questions.

Do you have dummy rounds in your mags to give you weight or do you use a special weighted dummy mag.

The description of the paper shim to keep you out of battery...the shim goes in the top? And dry firing (with the paper) does not hurt the gun (Ihave a glock34)

What is a blue glock? Lots of questions.

Again thanks for being such an inspiration. cheers Larry

(1)Do you have dummy rounds in your mags to give you weight or do you use a special weighted dummy mag.

The description of the paper shim to keep you out of battery...(2)the shim goes in the top? And dry firing (with the paper) does not hurt the gun (Ihave a glock34)

(3)What is a blue glock? Lots of questions.

Again thanks for being such an inspiration. cheers Larry

I am very glad to hear that you are finding use out of my little video.

1) I definitely use dummy rounds. This better simulates the weight of a loaded mag, and will spare your magwell from gouges that occur from the magazine feed lips of an empty mag.

2) The shim, which is just a very small piece of paper, is placed where the top of the barrel meets the slide. This does not harm the firearm in any way.

3) Blue Glock? My friend (Mike Hendrick) does professional Duracoating and offered to do my gun. Out of all the colors that he had at his disposal, there was only one color that would do ;)

• 1 month later...
1m 1n ur d0j0s st33l1n ur dryfirz!!1!!

Captain: Take off every 'ZIG'!!

Captain: You know what you doing.

Captain: Move 'ZIG'.

Captain: For great justice.

AYBABTU!!!

ROCK ON!!!!

Thanks Keen for posting on this thread...for two reasons:

1) Chris Patty is an excellent source for competitive gear and is where I bought my dryfire targets....

2) LINK TO NeRD STUFF FLEX ALLUDED TO

I received this email from chris last May.

==========================

Dear customers,

Each of you had either dry fire kits or mini targets backordered from CPWSA. Instead of receiving my restock supply from C & M Targets, I was notified by them that they would no longer supply me with minis or dry fire kits. Apparently their small business is struggling and they're going into a retail only model. Therefore I will not be able to fill your order.

I do not have any order information for them, but they did tell me they would be placing an ad in an upcoming issue of "Front Sight" magazine.

I am sorry about this, but I only learned this weekend that they would no longer supply me with targets.

Chris

============

I received this email from chris last May.

==========================

Dear customers,

Each of you had either dry fire kits or mini targets backordered from CPWSA. Instead of receiving my restock supply from C & M Targets, I was notified by them that they would no longer supply me with minis or dry fire kits. Apparently their small business is struggling and they're going into a retail only model. Therefore I will not be able to fill your order.

I do not have any order information for them, but they did tell me they would be placing an ad in an upcoming issue of "Front Sight" magazine.

I am sorry about this, but I only learned this weekend that they would no longer supply me with targets.

Chris

============

Thanks, that explains that.