Micah

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Why not make your own- I did. ;)

Same here. Christmas time was a great time to collect cardboard boxes from all the gifts. I just found a .jpg of a IDPA/USPSA target, printed it at work. Cut it out for a stencil and ta da! Dry fire targets!

PB, awesome vid, thanks for sharing! I've gone back a few times to watch the vid, thought I'd drop you a 'atta boy'. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Sorry if this seems to be a obvious question. Even with the spacer, you're just pulling the trigger but it does not have the same "feel" as when the striker is cocked, right?

So far my dry-fire has been working on trigger pull/feel. Getting that movement down. These seem more for the movement, reloads, and target acquisition hence the trigger feel is not as critical?

Not to counter what Pharah Bender said earlier in this thread, but I prefer to rack the slide & pull the trigger on the first "shot" of dry-fire with every repetition. Not only do you get to feel what your trigger actually feels like, but going through the motions of racking the slide, taking off the saftey (if a SA gun), pulling the trigger, etc. are all GOOD THINGS. They help to break-in all the working parts of your gun. Modern day guns are built to last for well over 100,000 repetitions. Hell, I'm just getting started. :)