Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 classifiers at Nationals?

rtr

My classification shows the following:

6/20/07 07USON USPSA PRESIDENT Y 61.7980 6/28/07

6/20/07 03-08 USPSA PRESIDENT B 54.7551 6/26/07

I only recall one classifier at the Open/L10 Nationals this year being 03-08, it was stage 18. So what is the 61.7980 percent and what stage did it come from?

My overall finish shows as 61.80 for the match, does that have something to do with it? Going into the match I was a B class shooter at 72.something percent.

In looking at some other people's classifier scores looks like your overall match percentage gets entered as a classifier. Can someone elaborate on why this is done?

Edited by rtr

Shooting the nationals also counts as a classifier. The second percentage you are talking about is the percentage you shot at the match. Any major match that has 2 or more GM's in the division can also be counted as a classifier depending on the number of competitors. So any area match or nationals or certain state matches will count toward your clasification. Hope that help explain it. :)

I understand now that the whole match is a classifier. I certainly see how my performance at Nationals is an assesment of my overall classification, makes some sense. Just didn't know this was done.

Is there any history of why this is done or reasoning?

• 1 year later...
The 61% is your overall score from Nationals, the whole match is treated like a classifier.

Do they treat Area championship matches as classifiers like this as well or just the Nationals?

Edited by rr4406pak

The 61% is your overall score from Nationals, the whole match is treated like a classifier.

Do they treat Area championship matches as classifiers like this as well or just the Nationals?

yes.

Should have said, "Yes,but Area Matches are not always counted as classifiers in each Division"

Edited by FullRace

It depends on the match or match level, I guess. The last few Area 6's have been treated as classifiers and we didn't have to ask for that to be done, they just did it.

Not exactly. The office does a good job of looking at the area matches closely. Just to make sure at least this area director makes the office aware of which diviisions had 3 GMs shooting the match.

I was looking through the list of shooters at the Single Stack Nats and noticed that some of them have two classifiers (match plus stage) from previous SSNs, and some of them just have the overall match classifier. Since the shooter with just the overall match classifier was shooting at the M/A level, I doubt she tanked the classifier stage. Was this just an oops at Sedro Wooley, or is there some other explanation?

I was looking through the list of shooters at the Single Stack Nats and noticed that some of them have two classifiers (match plus stage) from previous SSNs, and some of them just have the overall match classifier. Since the shooter with just the overall match classifier was shooting at the M/A level, I doubt she tanked the classifier stage. Was this just an oops at Sedro Wooley, or is there some other explanation?

Zeroing the classifier is the only option I can think of......

Everybody at the match should have been the same. I don't think there is any way to include/exclude an individual.

Did you check other shooters at this particular match?

I think I found the issue. I looked at a few more competitors, and it looks like in 06 and 07 they shot a classifier stage and recorded overal finish. In 08, I just see the overall finish.