Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

glocktails.com

tgibson

Here is a website address for new product Mike and Rick came up with that I have tried and absoloutly love www.glocktails.com . The first time I tried it was at the Idaho "Glocks Only" Match, and after the first round on the first stage I knew I was going to be able to shoot the rest of the day without bleeding! I was so happy! Anyway, check it out and see what you think.

TG

Here is a website address for new product Mike and Rick came up with that I have tried and absoloutly love www.glocktails.com . The first time I tried it was at the Idaho "Glocks Only" Match, and after the first round on the first stage I knew I was going to be able to shoot the rest of the day without bleeding! I was so happy! Anyway, check it out and see what you think.

TG

So, how is it mounted/anchored on? does it just hang there? Pinned to the rear pin? I checked it out and read the instructions, but it didn't indicate an achoring type system, unless I overlooked it. Or are you suppose to use one of those fobus slide grips to use to secure it in place?

TG

TG..

You mean you do not have the "glock scar" between your thumb and index finger on your shooting hand yet?

:rolleyes:

TG

TG..

You mean you do not have the "glock scar" between your thumb and index finger on your shooting hand yet?

:rolleyes:

I still have the scar yes! However, I quit making it bleed! :goof:

TG

OK, we have lots of improvements that have been made on the 1911 platform, but no one ever claimed "perfection" either.

Another reason why the Glock platform can be improved upon.

Looks like a good addition, but what about the production guys???

IMO, Glocks leave a lot to be desired.

Are they an inexpensive way into the sport? yes

OK, we have lots of improvements that have been made on the 1911 platform, but no one ever claimed "perfection" either.

I shoot production with a Glock. I have big hands and have shot USPSA, Steel Challenge and GSSF with every .45, 10mm, .40 and 9mm model of Glock and I use a very high grip. I've never been cut by the slide and I've never seen anyone else cut or bruised or abraded by a Glock slide who didnt' put the thumb of their support hand someplace they shouldn't have. Heck, I've even see grrrls shoot glocks without getting hurt. Now I've seen plenty of people (myself included) bloodied by GI grip safeties. I've also see an lot of people bring up their 1911 on a target and make a very ugly face when they squeezed the trigger and it didn't go bang. It's amazing that some $900+ colt copies need to have their fancy "beaver tail" safeties taped down or disabled to be usable.

I don't know why someone would buy this product. I mean, if I had the ergonomic issues with a Glock that would necessitate the use of this kind of "add-on" I would simply sell the darn gun and buy one of a different make. Lord knows there are plenty of other manufacturers that make guns that are just as good as a Glock. We live in the golden age of handguns.

Edited by domzilla9

I shoot production with a Glock. I have big hands and have shot USPSA, Steel Challenge and GSSF with every .45, 10mm, .40 and 9mm model of Glock and I use a very high grip. I've never been cut by the slide and I've never seen anyone else cut or bruised or abraded by a Glock slide who didnt' put the thumb of their support hand someplace they shouldn't have. Heck, I've even see grrrls shoot glocks without getting hurt. Now I've seen plenty of people (myself included) bloodied by GI grip safeties. I've also see an lot of people bring up their 1911 on a target and make a very ugly face when they squeezed the trigger and it didn't go bang. It's amazing that some $900+ colt copies need to have their fancy "beaver tail" safeties taped down or disabled to be usable.

I don't know why someone would buy this product. I mean, if I had the ergonomic issues with a Glock that would necessitate the use of this kind of "add-on" I would simply sell the darn gun and buy one of a different make. Lord knows there are plenty of other manufacturers that make guns that are just as good as a Glock. We live in the golden age of handguns.

In our neck of the woods where this product was invented, a couple of times a year we have Glocks only matches. If you want to be considered for placement and prizes, you have to be shooting a Glock. I am a little biased of course but I guess my question is, why would you get rid of a $700 gun if you can fix it with a $15 or $16 addition. You wouldn't sell a $1200 STI if it didn't have an adjustable rear sight would you? I would put a little more money into it and make it perfect. I am sort of thinking the same thing here. Just my thoughts.

TG

In our neck of the woods where this product was invented, a couple of times a year we have Glocks only matches. If you want to be considered for placement and prizes, you have to be shooting a Glock. I am a little biased of course but I guess my question is, why would you get rid of a $700 gun if you can fix it with a $15 or $16 addition. You wouldn't sell a $1200 STI if it didn't have an adjustable rear sight would you? I would put a little more money into it and make it perfect. I am sort of thinking the same thing here. Just my thoughts.

TG

Ok. Around here Singlestack Div is popular and I can't shoot my Glock in it. I couldn't shoot my Glock in the USPSA Singlestack Classic either.

I wouldn't sell my $1,200 STI if I needed adjustable sights on it but I would sell it if I had to duct tape a $17 plastic shoe horn on its back strap to be able to shoot it without hurting myself or to make any noticeable improvement in how the gun handled for me.

I used to be a sucker for gee-gaws and curb feelers. I've tried dozens of aftermarket "improvements" and mods on Glocks and haven't found many of them that make much of a difference to me. If they make a difference to you more power to you. But I'd bet you dollars to donuts that if you dropped in on a random USPSA event that you'll find that Glocks there that are festooned with the most crap and Christmas lights are in the hands of the least skilled shooters, who are looking for a way to buy their skills.

"Glock Perfection" is a marketing slogan, and an effective one. Let's not make more of it than there is. There is no perfect handgun. Don't try to make silk purse from a sow's ear if the sow's ear will do the job just fine. An STI, even a entry level one, is a whole different kind of animal than a Glock.

I was looking at a well-known Glocksmith's website the other day and under his list of "Glock Services" he had "Add Beavertail for $XXX.XX (the kind where they build it into the frame with some kind of polymer). On his list of "Smith & Wesson M&P Services" he had "Remove Beavertail for $XXX.XX". Here is an idea! If you want a plastic gun with a low bore axis and a consistent trigger AND a beavertail, buy a Smith & Wesson. They are nice guns.

Edited by domzilla9

Probably not. However, reading about it did take me to the Center Of Mass kydex page. I've heard lots of good things about their products and services. Their holsters might get my fun money but I already have my own shoe horn.

Gents, if we have constructive things to say about this product, than let's say them. If we don't have anything nice to say about it, than ask yourself, "Why am I posting this on the Glock threads?"