Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Steel1212

steel1212

"The F.O.N." agrees.

I tried to "just shoot for score" on the classifier. It nearly worked, AND my times were still right there.

Have you told you how much I LOVE MY SS? I can't believe I never had one until now.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"The F.O.N." agrees.

I tried to "just shoot for score" on the classifier. It nearly worked, AND my times were still right there.

Have you told you how much I LOVE MY SS? I can't believe I never had one until now.

THe FON kind of like the FONZ with out the leather?

The more I dry fire the better I feel. Somebody said they where getting .85 draws to a point blank target with their SS so....that is what I set my timer at. Go for broke in practice and at match time its all butta. After about 50 or so draws I was hitting it pretty consitently. So I would say a 1 draw in match to a close target should be do able. The problem I'm having is with the reload. I'm not looking it in like I should. I get lucky with it about 75% of the time but then there is the times that its a complete miss or a complete stop. When I look it in....its gravey.

I did some reloads with my limited gun for S and Gs...mand that limited gun has a HUGE ol' magwell lol.

WOW. That about sums up my match today in a good way. Ever get that feeling like its going to be a good day? 36 pistol shooters today. Our MD puts everybody together then puts them in their divisions. Shooting SS I was 5th, 3rd twice, and 1st on the 4 stages! Came in second on rifle and shotgun....well it was shotgun for me.

I haven't felt this positive after a match in awhile and....IT FEELS GRRRREAT! I didn't drop to many points, no reshoots on steel, no NS/M on pistol. I had one NS on the rifle and immediatly made it up. It was a rookie mistake and aiming to low for a close target.

I know my weak point in multi gun is my shot gun. After area 6 I'm going to try to get to the pits and practise with some steel. Can't loose Ky state 3gun because of the shotgun....that won't make me happy, especially if I have good runs with pistol and rifle.

Linkie good for a month!

Edited by steel1212

Keeping up with the pistol dryfire. I realized that if I do a draw to a target across the room, trigger 2 shots, then transition to another target trigger 2 shots then reload and do the same it works out a hell of a lot easier than when I draw to a dot on the wall right behind the couch and do reloads.

I noticed that at home I'll miss some of my reloads BADLY but in a match they typically go smooth when you don't pick one of the table backwards :blink: So I thought maybe my subconsious knows something I don't. Worked out great.

Going back to the match from april 6 08. I want to keep these here so I can look back on them

Stage 1

1 Foley, Mike 11 M Limited 72 0 8.38 8.5919 75.0000 100.00%

2 West, Barry 1 M Limited 72 0 8.98 8.0178 69.9886 93.32%

3 Brown, Greg 30 B Limited 70 0 10.44 6.7050 58.5290 78.04%

4 Carroll, Kevin 35 A Single Stack 71 0 11.25 6.3111 55.0906 73.45%

5 Estill, Corey 9 B Single Stack 70 0 11.18 6.2612 54.6550 72.87%

Stage 2

1 West, Barry 1 M Limited 143 0 10.43 13.7105 150.0000 100.00%

2 Pignato, Anthony 26 B Limited 137 0 11.19 12.2431 133.9459 89.30%

3 Estill, Corey 9 B Single Stack 147 0 13.75 10.6909 116.9640 77.98%

Stage 3

1 Estill, Corey 9 B Single Stack 98 0 9.95 9.8492 100.0000 100.00%

2 Pignato, Anthony 26 B Limited 99 0 10.18 9.7250 98.7390 98.74%

3 Foley, Mike 11 M Limited 92 0 9.92 9.2742 94.1620 94.16%

Stage 4

1 Foley, Mike 11 M Limited 95 0 17.43 5.4504 100.0000 100.00%

2 West, Barry 1 M Limited 81 10 14.59 4.8663 89.2834 89.28%

3 Estill, Corey 9 B Single Stack 93 0 20.29 4.5835 84.0947 84.09%

Rifle

1 West, Barry 1 M Tactical 112 0 17.18 6.5192 140.0000 100.00%

2 Estill, Corey 9 B Tactical 122 10 19.52 5.7377 123.2173 88.01%

3 Jawor, John 5 B Standard 128 0 22.36 5.7245 122.9338 87.81%

4 Brown, Greg 30 B Tactical 117 10 19.09 5.6050 120.3675 85.98%

5 Foley, Mike 11 M Tactical 126 0 22.61 5.5728 119.6760 85.48%

Getting pumped for Area 6. I can't wait and the closer it gets the more I want to get on the trigger! 32 pieces of steel...that ain't nothing but bangin and clangin. I'm ready to rock! If your shooting Single Stack...Bring it! I don't want your mediocracy I want your best...I'll bring mine! :sight::cheers:

Shot Area 6 this past weekend. While my match wasn't as steller as I would have liked it was consistent....until the chrono stage...where I went MINOR! I went from 5th overall, 2nd B, to 8th 3rd B, that stung. My chrono is evidently about 30fps faster than the ceds.

More to come later....

Edited by steel1212

Shot Area 6 this past weekend. While my match wasn't as steller as I would have liked it was consistent....until the chrono stage...where I went MINOR! I went from 4th overal, 2nd B, to 8th 3rd B, that stung. My chrono is evidently about 30fps faster than the ceds.

More to come later....

Aren't you shooting .45?

Dave

Shot Area 6 this past weekend. While my match wasn't as steller as I would have liked it was consistent....until the chrono stage...where I went MINOR! I went from 4th overal, 2nd B, to 8th 3rd B, that stung. My chrono is evidently about 30fps faster than the ceds.

More to come later....

Damn, that blows!

Chris C.

More to come later....

Aren't you shooting .45?

Dave

Is there another caliber for single stack? :devil:

Trying to make me feel better the first 4 guys in single stack where either GM or Master in other divisons. Regardless I failed before I left the house at the reloading bench. I was wrong I was 5th before they updated me to minor. The A class guy that is now 5th would have beat me anyway when he finished up on sunday so I would have been 6th if I had made major. So from 6th to 8th going from major to minor isn't to bad. I got good hits on all but one stage.

I'm trying to get videos up on youtube.

Videos

Edited by steel1212

After reflecting a little I feel the need to post more. Before the chrono I was so tense with such high expectations that I wsas shooting poorly on stages I know I could have done better on. After the chrono and I realized that my chances of finsihing well, and with only 23 I see top 3 as well, I had SOOOO much more fun that the pressure was off. I need to remember that feeling after the chrono going into Ky state 3 gun, and IN sectional as I'll be shooting Limited again as a A class shooter against some very stiff competition.

More to come later....

Aren't you shooting .45?

Dave

Is there another caliber for single stack? :devil:

Yep! See you at steel Saturday!

Dave

I really need to work on my first stage jitters. If the stage has any kind of tight shots with no shoots or hard cover I'm a wreck. I shot KAPS sunday and the first stage we started on had a target with 2 no shoots covering everything but the A zone...I put 3 into the no shoots... The next stage I reached for my mags like I was still shooting SS and that cost me a lot of time. After that stage I calmed down and shot a little better but by then there was only 3 stages left so my chance of a good finish is slim.

In SS I think I held my own for the most part I didn't fell especially fast but I didn't have any major mistakes other than a couple mikes one being on the classifier. In my defense I was pushing a little to see how fast I could go and still be in control.

I think next KAPS I'll shoot open and Limited to simulate a 10 stage major, what I wanted to do this one but SS is so damn fun!

Tonight I was doing some dry firing and I had the timer set at 1 second for draws...ok no problem pretty much the same as my SS. I had the reloads set to 1.5...umm yeah that is to much time. I ended up at 1.1 for those. Then I did the draw fire reload fire and set the par to 2.1. I didn't get it all the time but damn when I did it felt nice!

Reloading the SS has helped my limited game a ton. With the SS you can't miss, just can't what so ever. With the limited gun you can be off and still funnel it in. Now with the Limited gun though I'm so use to hitting a smaller hole I could throw the dang mag in there! I"ll have to keep on myself from getting sloppy in dryfire and keep doing it right!

Funny, you'll shoot Ltd and Open to keep things the same and simulate a 10 stager. I'm seriously thinking about using my skinny gun for SS and L10 for the same reason. For some reason I can run the skinny gun better (faster/cleaner) than my STI.

Funny, you'll shoot Ltd and Open to keep things the same and simulate a 10 stager. I'm seriously thinking about using my skinny gun for SS and L10 for the same reason. For some reason I can run the skinny gun better (faster/cleaner) than my STI.

Yeah, if you would rebarrel your limited gun like you did your SS your limited gun would be just as accurate. Now why would you want to start shooting SS...ya scared since I'm back in Limited :roflol:

:popcorn1:

Yeah, Shaun's bad day in limited puts him 4th. My bad day in limited puts me 9th! At least I finished 3rd in SS I guess behind Shaun and a GM, or M in SS. SS classifier was just enough to count...61 <_< , Limited won't count, thank God.

It was a fun match though I just need to become more consistent instead of having 1 or 2 good stages and blowing up 1 or 2. If you can do well at KAPS that is saying something as KAPS is ususally a pretty challenging match.

Side note Want2race...GET THE HELL OUT OF MY CLASS YOU GB!!! :roflol:

Took some video of me doing reloads and draws the other night. My reloads I need to snap my weak hand quicker to the mag but its amazing how learning to hit the SS hole makes you a better reloader for a STI! On my Draws I'm still coming out of kydex and swinging up a little instead of pushing out which makes drawing to farther targets harder if swing to high....always something...always working....always improving

Just count yourself lucky I was too tired to take off the round gun and break out the SS. Damn whippersnappers, I'd show you how a lefty can work that thing.

H.

Whippersnappers...you ain't no were near senior status lol. Somebody needs to challenge Shaun in SS, us mear mortals can't.

Hell bring your SS to BGSL I think Shaun, Kevin, and Me are going to go at it again.