Steel1212

steel1212

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to see you are not being too hard on yourself. The equipment is part of the game, and the learning curve. Other than you constantly giving the rest of us low ball offers all day you fing ahole, we had a blast, lol.

Ok Ok 75 for the damn thing! lol

How could I get mad....I was to busy manually resetting the trigger :surprise: Regardless it was a learning experiance and I can take from it just that. I mean I had several clearing drills, extra reloads whats not to love lol. It just amazed me with the lite strikes. The first stage that was totally my fault but I still can't figure out why all of a sudden it wouldn't set off winchesters. It ran fine for Shaun...it must have been pissed at me and JMB was pissed that I altered his original design lol.

Two highlights of the day (ok for me at least) were 1. seeing you clearing the gun manually so fast that you had two pieces of brass in the air and hadn't fired a shot, and 2. telling you that the 1911 has nearly one hundred years of success and asking how you could screw that up. Oh well, I imagine it won't happen to you again after the grief you and the rest of us have bestowed upon you.

Well I had one of those I felt I did good instead of knowing I did good matching in limited. Basically pushing it faster than I could see an my points suffered. My times didn't suck but I didn't have great hits and the classifier yet again killed the match for me.

http://www.practicalshooters.com/kaps.htm

I guess the good note is that I didn't finish last in SS...

Yeah, you and David where the only ones that where consistent in limited. All the rest of us tanked at least one stage. One other thing that made me feel good is that after my SS problems I was just wanting to take my frustraitions out and see how fast I could go and still get hits. Well I now know that I can go as fast as the rest of you guys I just need to work on getting my hits.

I got my marvel unit setup with a red dot on top. I'm going to use the dot to help me control my trigger finger movement. If you yank the trigger to much the dot will move and you'll see the shot off.

Was going to shoot SS today but my SS didn't show up so I had my limited gun with me. It was raining a little and the stages where pretty much stand and shoots for the most part. I had another "felt I did good" but this time I did do good. The only hitch in my giddy up today was that on a 20 round stage I had to take 2 extra shots and therefore do a reload and that cost me about 10-20 points. Was 92% or better other than the extra reload stage so I'm happy, but as a competitor 18 points or 1 I still lost.

Overall

1 Foley, Mike TY47474 M Limited Major 414.3151 100.000%

2 West, Barry FY37438 M Limited Major 398.4886 96.180%

3 Estill, Corey A57351 A Limited Major 396.7599 95.763%

4 Hoffner, Chris A59866 C Limited Major 244.9838 59.130%

5 Radel Sr., Fares A60091 U Limited Major 210.0639 50.701%

6 Gadberry, Greg TY55061 C Limited Major 207.0672 49.978%

7 Hinderberger, Larry A57212 C Limited Major 195.1260 47.096%

8 Newkirk, Joe A59703 U Limited Minor 178.5044 43.084%

9 Giri, David U Limited Major 99.5647 24.031%

10 Richardson, Chris A59512 U Limited Major 84.1315 20.306

My "holy sh*t stage" Had 6 poppers in front of no shoots then 4 paper behind that. Draw to steel Manditory reload, 2 on each paper, manditory reload, 2 on each paper again.

1 Estill, Corey 11 A Limited 107 0 16.14 6.6295 110.0000 100.00%

2 Foley, Mike 2 M Limited 101 20 14.25 5.6842 94.3151 85.74%

3 West, Barry 1 M Limited 107 20 16.19 5.3737 89.1631 81.06%

4 Hoffner, Chris 13 C Limited 101 0 21.74 4.6458 77.0855 70.08%

5 Gadberry, Greg 4 C Limited 94 10 22.58 3.7201 61.7258 56.11%

6 Radel Sr., Fares 14 U Limited 103 20 24.78 3.3495 55.5766 50.52%

7 Hinderberger, Larry 5 C Limited 102 20 27.36 2.9971 49.7294 45.21%

8 Richardson, Chris 16 U Limited 86 70 18.26 0.8762 14.5384 13.22%

9 Giri, David 9 U Limited 82 60 61.46 0.3580 5.9401 5.40%

10 Newkirk, Joe 17 U Limited 80 80 15.86 0 0.0000 0.00%

Classifier sucked, Front sight II, got a 67% on it but didn't blow it trying to go to fast and loose a lot points like usual so that is a plus!

Edited by steel1212

As long as I can keep my head out of my arse I should fair well. At least this match I put up respectable A class scores.

Wish I had stayed for the long gun stage but had to help a friend move a big compressor so we now can use air tools on the 65 mustang and 70 chevelle!! :cheers:

• 1 month later...

Well after my last debacle with the SS I brought it out again and did ok...or so I thought. I had one stage I knew I didn't do so hot on but the other 3 I thought I nailed it until I looked at the scores and got beat by 10 points! Jerry must have drank his red bull that morning lol.

Had trouble with some poppers on the first stage, big ol' poppers too! After that it was all seeing sights!

I added a Millett 1-5 to my AR and tried it out today, this will take some fine tuning to get it where I want it I guess. Got a new to me M1 and I still can't remember to not shoot the damn shot gun dry!

Had fun as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend I shot SS again and while I felt I did ok I'm still indexing the gun high and there fore had a couple of mikes on a stage that had some longer targets. I still need a lot of practice to be competitive in this division.

This past weekend I shot IDPA sat in the cold....very cold for us teens to 20s. I thought I didn't shoot my best but it must have been par as I won the match again and there where even more accomplished shooters this time.

I can finally say I beat Fomeister :devil::ph34r: granted his gun wasn't running lol.

Edited by steel1212

Last weekend I shot SS again and while I felt I did ok I'm still indexing the gun high and there fore had a couple of mikes on a stage that had some longer targets. I still need a lot of practice to be competitive in this division.

This past weekend I shot IDPA sat in the cold....very cold for us teens to 20s. I thought I didn't shoot my best but it must have been par as I won the match again and there where even more accomplished shooters this time.

I can finally say I beat Fomeister :devil::ph34r: granted his gun wasn't running lol.

:bow:

I'm not going to say that an accidental mag drop got you the win.....

by .6 seconds. Borrowed gun, mags and pouches. I can come up with more excuses if you'd like....

Just kidding. It was super cold but it was worth going. Just wait until W2R builds ME a single stack gun! MuWahahahahaaaa!

• 3 weeks later...

Sunday I shot SS in the match trying to get geared up for Area 6. I'm still indexing high and my second shots are higher than my limited gun. I finished first out of the 7-8 shooters in single stack but wasn't real happy with my performance. I hung with the limited guys on 2 stages and had to do a tap, rack, bang on one stage and had a mike on the classifier six chickens.

Due to the high indexing I've been doing a lot of dry fire draws the past couple of days to try and iron that out. A few more matches and I think I'll be good to go.

• 4 weeks later...

Feels like I haven't shot in forever! Shot the BGSL match today and won SS but with only 3 shooters. I had a procedural and a Mike, something I haven't had in a while. I felt like I was shooting smooth, not rushed trying to beat X time, just shooting my best seeing the sights. The Mike I had was with a no shoot hugging the A zone of a group of hoser targets and I went center brown instead of slowing down and put one just right. The procedural was for still having a foot in the box and shooting a shot which was a no no on that stage. I finished 7, 8, 12, and 16th on the 3 pistol stages out of 37 people with half of them shooting limited and me shooting SS. I finished 2nd in shotgun which kind of surprised me. I only lost 1st by ummmmm....9.5 seconds to Steve Southerland....that dude can move the sweeper! Finished 5th in tactical rifle 91% of Foley. Still getting use to a scope instead of irons and my points show.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a classifier match today with Quicky II, Front site, Melody Line and Times II. I shot it with my single stack to get it moved up a little closer to where I wanted to be.

Front site shot it in 5.54 total with 5 points down HF 9.9277. Melody line in 8.51 with 3 points down HF 6.6980. Times 2 in 7.31 down 14 :angry2: 6.2927 HF. Quicky II in 17.82 down 7 with a Mike <_< HF 5.4994. If I did my math and calculations right this will move me from a 53% B (I"m A in limited) to a 69% B ( I had 2 30%ers on there that drop off). I was pretty happy with my classifier performace today. I had 4 of them and even the one I miked on still worked out to a 59 which isn't bad.

Now the problem is I want to go back to limited to try to get to master after A6 but I also want to get my SS to A as well lol...what to do what to do....

• 3 weeks later...

Learned a lot this weekend....12 penalties in SS, 7 penalties in limited, 5 mikes with the rifle and 2 with the limited gun in the 3 gun match.

Multigun match:

Gotta slooooow down with the rifle a touch and get the hits. Shotgun is just slow all the way around. The 2 mikes with the limited gun was right after I shot the shotgun and the pistol felt like a feather. 1st target I shot missed 'em both and was still in shot gun mode.

KAPS:

UGH, what can I say. It was a overly populated noshoot, long distance match and I didn't perform. Finished 5th in limited out of 16 and 6th in SS out of 14. SS I was 54% of want2race but second place was 64% of him DAAAAAMN homie can shoot the skinny! In limited I was 73% of Fomiester but second was only 87% of him. Those 2 guys came to shoot and did. My times where there on a couple of stages but I would end up with mikes. Its hard to come home after a match like that feeling good even though your in the top 1/3.

I'm trying to push myself to run with masters that have been doing it for years, and a freak of nature lol. I really think I rushed to try to get to A class to soon and now I'm pressuring myself to perform at sub master times and its hurting my game. I could have used another year probably in B to learn more but I'm here now and I'll make the best of it. Time to quit whinning...suck it up...and kick ass!

2 weeks until area 6 and I'm dry firing every night until then. I've been shooting at 25 yards at the local range. As somebody said make the long shots easy and everything else is gravey!

Take smaller steps, set shorter goals, and compare yourself to yourself. You will make it, but not overnight. I chased it forever, kinda like I am doing GM right now. Keep your head in the game player. Your friends are rootin' for you. Did most of what I just said sound like it came from a fortune cookie? :huh: