Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Holster Belt And Mag Hdr Do You Wish You Had?

blkbrd

If price were not an issue, and you were starting over and had to buy all new equipment to shoot an SVI/STI limited, what belt, holster and mag holders would you purchase and why?

Who would you buy from?

<Broken Record On>

Safariland Levitation from be.com, Limcat and Limcat :)

<Broken Record Off>

The new "levitation" belts really are more comfortable to wear all day. The newest version of the Limcat holster has adjustment angles not found on any other holster, as do his newest mag pouches. Being a grrl (read with hips!) being able to adjust all my gear "out" from my waist is a HUGE benefit.

I'm using a CR Speed holster, Limcat mag pouches, and Safariland belts. If price was not a issue the only things I might change is to use CR Speed belts and mag pouches to go with my current holster. My reason for changing mag pouches and belts would be to keep my gear brand identical. The CR Speed holster works really well for me. I'd probably buy from Max's new site

http://maxmichel.com/

I would use what I am currently using. A CR belt (nice and stiff), Limcat holster (I have the new one...It ROCKS!, and the Limcat mag holders (they adjust in almost any direction or angle you may need).

My 2 cents

I just switched to a CR-speed belt from my somewhat aged brown Safariland and am super happy with the change.

My favorite holster so far is the Ghost (good lefty holsters are hard to find). Mag pouches I try not to think about.

blkbrd, I would not says that one holster can meet everyone's need's. The best advise is to try out some buddies to see what you like. I had to slightly change my draw to make my current holster work. I've only been in this sport for about a year had have gone through four diffrent holsters. For me I think the perfect set up is CR belt, mag holders and Limcat holster.

Ya know, I tried all the swoopy stuff too, but now just use a Kytac holster and double mag pouches, and because I also shoot 3 Gun, I can use the same equipment. Hasn't slowed me down a lick, the Kytac is real fast.

I have gone full circle-I am one with the holster!(for B.E.)

JL :ph34r:

<Broken Record On>

Safariland Levitation from be.com, Limcat and Limcat :)

<Broken Record Off>

The new "levitation" belts really are more comfortable to wear all day. The newest version of the Limcat holster has adjustment angles not found on any other holster, as do his newest mag pouches. Being a grrl (read with hips!) being able to adjust all my gear "out" from my waist is a HUGE benefit.

Shooter girl

Not only girls have hips, we have to contend with our sides being wider than our hips. Its muscle you know??

I am sure about the CR belt and the Limcat mag holders, I like the Limcat holster but have not ran in one, and have not gotten used to the muzzle hanging off in thin air.

The Limcat hoster seems well made, it better be for the price!! not sure about the retention. It does look good though, not that that SHOULD matter :unsure:

I met someone at the range who had his holster fabricated specific to his needs. I tried it for a couple of rounds, and personally think it was the best holster ever. It might take a while to finish, and costs a bit more than a limcat (labor/design)..... but I think it's worth the wait.

I am sure about the CR belt and the Limcat mag holders, I like the Limcat holster but have not ran in one, and have not gotten used to the muzzle hanging off in thin air. The Limcat hoster seems well made, it better be for the price!! not sure about the retention. It does look good though, not that that SHOULD matter :unsure:

I've been using the Limcat holster since he came out with them and can tell you that the retention is the same as with all the other holsters out there, if not better! When locked, the gun is NOT coming out.

I'm old. I still like my 011 with old one screw mag holders and Prarie adjustments. The 011 really holds the wide long SV and I have yet to drop a gun. As for mag holders I went to the trouble of putting on the new version and just couldn't get used to them. Yea, old.

Chris, So the holster and mag holders fit OK? I was going to try the CR belt but I had remembered someone posting a while back that the CR belt may have been too big for anything but CR products. Off to the store if it fits.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I just went through this exercise.

I ended up buying:

CR Belt

CR Mag pouches

Ghost Holster

It'll be interesting to see how many of these I replace over the course of the year!

The holster was the hardest to choose and it was between: Ghost, CR Speed and Limcat.

I'm resigned to eventually trying all of them but I had to start somewhere :ph34r:

Kevin

I recently changed from a Safariland belt to a CR Speed. The CR Speed is by far superior to any belt i have ever used. I also changed from a Safariland 011 holster to a Ghost. This thing rocks! I used to have to use a 'walk through strap' on my Safariland. Now i dont have to worry(as long as i remember to lock it). My current pouches are 077 but i want to try the Limcat, CR Speed, and the Safariland 773 mag pouchs to see what i like the best.

If I were replacing my Safariland stuff I would go CR speed all the way.

If I were starting over I would go CR for everything except the holster. For that I go with an adjustable Kydex model. Just because I don't think it limits ability at all.

ALA Steve A. "Get something and practice with it!!!"

I like my CR Speed but I have dropped my blaster before. ( Never for a Dairy Queen thou,,,Thankfully!!!) Race holsters feel really fast but it has been proven here lots of times that they aren't really that much faster. Why not keep it simple.

Again ala Steve A. " If your gear is good enough then it's good enough."

Of course if you become an Open shooter then your choices of holsters are a little more limited.

I would only buy from a shooter,,,period. IE...Brian, Max, Chuck...

My .02

I guess I have a different outlook on the sport after 20 years.....I agree with AH6IP with the use of kydex (BladeTech) holster and mag pouches and a 2 1/4 inch belt (Blackhawk) for my L10 1911 rig and production G35 rig...getting the pistol out of the holster marginally quicker is not worth the compromise with security....I use the same rig for 3 gun ... If I want to impress people.... I dig out my Sparks 1AT, Sparks double mag pouches, and Sparks fancy stitched belt made with real leather.... regards

One that fit me and was only about 38-42 inches and that made me shoot like TGO or TJ.

Failing that, a CR Speed belt, CR Speed pouches, and a Limcat holster.

HOLY CRAP!!! My wish has been granted! Next up, the Olson Twins at 19-years-old. :o