Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 Replacement Barrels

dagz

Lone Wolf is the best choice. They cost about half as much as the overpriced KKM and Barsto barrels. The quality and accuracy equals both.

OTOH what is wrong with your stock barrel?

Edited by Joe D

Definitely Lone Wolf if you are set on changing the barrel for shooting cast bullets. Great barrel for half the price. Otherwise as Joe said, there is really nothing wrong with the stock barrel.

Dunno about the others , I have a KKM in my G35 .

Dropped right in , zero complaints , chamber is just right ( not stock loose , or undersized )

Unfortunately my gun only hits targets when the sights are on them when the shot breaks ...

Travis F.

I tried the Federal junk and never like them a bit. After that I went with KKM and never looked back. I had one for my Glock 29 and the chamber was so tight that a case fired in the factory barrel would not fit even 1/4 of the way in on the KKm barrel. My brass lasted about 3 times as long and with mild to medium loads you really couldnt tell a difference when resiing the case.

g10

+2 for KKM. Kevin & crew puts out a quality product which is a far step above the Lone Wolf's, Stm. Lake, or Federal. As good as a Barsto, but with faster availability & better price.

Sorry to hear your negative take on Lone Wolf. FWIW, a better $99.00 replacement barrel for your Glock can't be found. :)

Jim

I received my new Lone Wolf G35 .40 barrel and tried it out this weekend. I ran about 150 various loads through it Saturday with zero malfunctions and no keyholing bullets.

Keyholing is the only reason I am trying an aftermarket barrel. I've been having many issues with bullets tumblling out of the factory barrel, including WWB. <_< My Rainier plated reloads were the worst out of the factory barrel and not one tumbled through the Lone Wolf. I used to run Zero JHP's through it years ago, without problems, and probably have 45,000 through this gun when I got cheap and went with plated bullets, recently. I thought maybe I had ruined the barrel somehow so I grabbed a friends G35 factory barrel and had the same poor results with tumbling bullets. Once again the WWB keyholed out of his Glock but much less than my rainiers. So I slapped a borrowed KKM barrel into it and all of the keyholing went away.

For $99 I was willing to try out this barrel and am happy.

But, I am still going to go back to Zero's which will run fine through the factory barrel, too.

First I have heard of keyholing with a Glock factory barrel. Glad you are happy with your LWD barrel. They are my next stop in a barrel purchase, and probably should have been my first, now that I have read so many positive posts about them!

I've been using KKM for a couple years with no complaints. If I were buying one today it would be a LW. I have a couple of theirs in other calibers and they're great.

I tried a Federal a few years ago in my G29. The brass swelled worse than in the factory barrel. I got the factory to send another and it was the same. So, say NO to Federal barrels (not to be confused with Federal ammo)!

Keyholing is the only reason I am trying an aftermarket barrel. I've been having many issues with bullets tumblling out of the factory barrel, including WWB. <_< My Rainier plated reloads were the worst out of the factory barrel and not one tumbled through the Lone Wolf.

Keyholing issue is what usually comes with bad quality plated bullets, ive seen it on many different guns and when changed to jacketed bullets they run fine.

Edited by TKJ

I received my new Lone Wolf G35 .40 barrel and tried it out this weekend. I ran about 150 various loads through it Saturday with zero malfunctions and no keyholing bullets.

Keyholing is the only reason I am trying an aftermarket barrel. I've been having many issues with bullets tumblling out of the factory barrel, including WWB. <_< My Rainier plated reloads were the worst out of the factory barrel and not one tumbled through the Lone Wolf. I used to run Zero JHP's through it years ago, without problems, and probably have 45,000 through this gun when I got cheap and went with plated bullets, recently. I thought maybe I had ruined the barrel somehow so I grabbed a friends G35 factory barrel and had the same poor results with tumbling bullets. Once again the WWB keyholed out of his Glock but much less than my rainiers. So I slapped a borrowed KKM barrel into it and all of the keyholing went away.

But, I am still going to go back to Zero's which will run fine through the factory barrel, too.

You are crimping the plated bullets too much. I shoot plated bullets, have for about 5 years, and did the same thing as I didn't adjust the crimp from using Lasercast lead bullets.

I think your crimp for .40 should be .421.

You are crimping the plated bullets too much. I shoot plated bullets, have for about 5 years, and did the same thing as I didn't adjust the crimp from using Lasercast lead bullets.

I think your crimp for .40 should be .421.

That was my initial thought, too. It still didn't explain why factory Winchester White Box keyholed, which I assume is a plated bullet. But I did recheck the crimp. Don't remember the dimension but it was good. I've run thousands upon thousands of .45 plated bullets and .38 special plated bullets without problems.

I know I'm not alone on this.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?...=plated+bullets

• 1 month later...

I wanted to get an aftermarket .357 SIG barrel for my G35. I looked at several but kept reminding myself that I wanted long range accuracy. So I spent the money for a Jarvis barrel. Even sent the slide off to have it fitted. I'm quite happy with it but the whole thing wasn't cheap!

Gregg