Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new truck

G-ManBart

Well, after going through all sorts of hoops to get a special order, it finally arrived and I picked it up earlier today....my first new truck since 1993! Why the special order? For some reason, it's not possible to order the Crewmax Limited with the TRD off road package and a nav system. Even the dealer couldn't figure out why, in the desert Southwest, you can't order the offroad package with nav on the Crewmax...very odd. Now I just need to get the Rhino lining done and a couple of other additions and I'll be set....gotta love a smokin' fast truck and this thing screams :surprise:

post-10163-1185595474.jpg

Nice truck Chris....I love that blue color. :)

Thanks...I really liked the color when I saw it in person. In anything but bright light it looks nearly black and goes well with the sand beige interior. It'll be nice and dusty by the next match!

Ooooh, my favorite color on one of my favorite rides. Congrats. :cheers:

Thanks. When I was pulling out of the dealership, one of the employees saw it and said "wow, I LOVE that color...haven't seen it before". I think my old GMC might be giving it dirty looks as it's the first non-American made vehicle I've owned.

Man, Bart that is a nice ride!!

If they come through with a turbo-diesel like has been talked about I will have to really look at them. My old Dodge is going great but a Toyota with a brute strong diesel would be really hard to overlook.

I think my old GMC might be giving it dirty looks as it's the first non-American made vehicle I've owned.

Hmm .. I thought the new Tundra was built in Texas and Indiana ... and a lot of the GMC's in Canada?

I am in the market for a new half ton truck. I almost bought a Tundra, until I reached around the inside of the front tire. No room for tire chains at all...not even if you swap out the tires. I jokingly asked the dealer how the truck could be "Off Road" in winter time Wyoming? He laughed and told me to move to Arizona. If it weren't for the chain issue, I would buy one in a heart beat. I think you will be very pleased.

I am in the market for a new half ton truck. I almost bought a Tundra, until I reached around the inside of the front tire. No room for tire chains at all...not even if you swap out the tires. I jokingly asked the dealer how the truck could be "Off Road" in winter time Wyoming? He laughed and told me to move to Arizona. If it weren't for the chain issue, I would buy one in a heart beat. I think you will be very pleased.

That's interesting. I went out and reached around the front tire and it seemed like there was enough room for chains. I haven't put chains on a vehicle in ages, so maybe my memory of how much space is needed is wrong. I'm wondering what suspension setup the one you looked at had...not sure if it would make a difference. Most come stock with larger wheels (in diameter) than the TRD which has 18" wheels...might move the sideway closer or farther from the suspension....very odd.

Bart:

Feel over the top of the tire between 11 and 2 o'clock positions. There is enough clearance for cables, but chains, nope. The salesman and I looked at half a dozen trucks and all of them were the same story. Darn it anyway.

Bart:

Feel over the top of the tire between 11 and 2 o'clock positions. There is enough clearance for cables, but chains, nope. The salesman and I looked at half a dozen trucks and all of them were the same story. Darn it anyway.

Hey Ron,

That's where I looked and I can see that it's a bit on the tight side between the wheel and the upper control arm, but I thought maybe there was enough room. It's been at least ten years since I've put chains on anything, so I'm sure you're right. It did just occur to me that if you really wanted to, you could run a small spacer that would give enough offset to let the chains fit....they use them all the time on jacked up and/or low riders. They'd be easy enough to put on in late fall...take off the tire, slap on the spacer, and plenty of room for chains.

I've got all of 110mi on the truck so far and LOVE it. Momma likes the heated seats and all the room, so I'm tickled:)

If they come through with a turbo-diesel like has been talked about I will have to really look at them. My old Dodge is going great but a Toyota with a brute strong diesel would be really hard to overlook.

That's what I'm thinking also. Look at the Line-X spray in liner also. I've had both and love the line-x.

That's what I'm thinking also. Look at the Line-X spray in liner also. I've had both and love the line-x.

Thanks for the tip....I'll look into the Line-X. I'd have to drive 50mi to get to the nearest place that does the Rhino so maybe I can find someone that does Line-X closer. R,

If past experience is any indication, you've got a REALLY nice truck there.

I've got the '04 4-door, and was floored how much bigger the new one is. That's a BIG truck. From my experience with a "few more miles" on it, you'll really like that truck.