Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My daughter's first car accident!

9x21

My first born, seventeen year old had her first car accident today.

Pouring rain, coming home from baby sitting, she got t-boned crossing left across an intersection in town.

Thankfully, she is fine! :rolleyes:

All the years of worry come to a head when that phone call came!

She's OK and nothing else really matters.

As for the old Explorer, not so much!

We'll be needing another primary go to match vehicle real soon! <_<

Take nothing for granted, Days like this focus our perspective!

Been there, done that! Four times in fact. Trust me, those kinds of calls do not get any easier. :ph34r:

I'm glad your daughter is well. The damage to the vehicle can be repaired or it can be replaced. That your daughter is safe is the only thing that is important.

Glad to hear she is ok.

All you can hope for is that when they wreck them, they don't get hurt.

Both my kids had accidents in their first year.

My oldest son rear-ended a car and totalled mine, exactly 1 week after getting his license. (also uninjured)

Glad she is alright! I've decided that when my daughter reaches the age to where she will likely get a license, (given that there are still gasoline and not pixie dust powered vehicles at that time), she will be driving the heaviest, beefiest, tank-like, metal monster (with airbags) allowed on city streets. Mass seems to equal survival in the physics equation of car wrecks. Maybe by then, the $12.88 per gallon cost of gasoline will limit her trips as well as she gets to fuel her ride on her own!

Glad to hear your daughter is okay. I remember when I got my call when my (then) 17 year old got shaken up by a bee in the car and drove off into a ditch. One never likes to be reminded of the mortality of our children. Never.

(Edited because I have the basic grammatical skills of a three year old.)

Edited by Neomet

Glad to hear she's okay. That's really all that matters! If there's a good thing about it, it may be that she's less likely to be intentionally stupid while driving now that she's seen what can happen. I was in a pretty bad accident when I was 18 (not my fault) and it certainly calmed me down just as if I'd been doing something dumb...it also reinforced seatbelt use as I would have been going to the hospital/morgue rather than riding in a wrecker if I hadn't been wearing mine.