Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2008 South Carolina Sectional Championship

The 2008 South Carolina Section Championship will be April 11 - 12, 2008, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, Columbia, SC. Once again, it will be a one day format (shoot either Friday or Saturday), cash payback match. The match will consist of 8 stages with a minimum of 225 rounds required.

We will have the match application up online by September. Additonal information will be posted here soon. We look forward to seeing you in April!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2008 South Carolina Section Championship will be April 11 - 12, 2008, at Mid-Carolina Rifle Club, Columbia, SC. Once again, it will be a one day format (shoot either Friday or Saturday), cash payback match. The match will consist of 8 stages with a minimum of 225 rounds required.

We will have the match application up online by September. Additonal information will be posted here soon. We look forward to seeing you in April!

Count me in...

Great match last year, I am looking foward to the match, my wife is looking forward to Myrtle after it!

I heard so many great things from the local guys that went to this year's match that I want to make sure to be there next year. I'll see you in Columbia Jack!

Kent,

Excellent! We look forward to seeing ya here!

Count me in.

Guys , you know a lot of clubs put on some good matches. They all have good stage designs, decent prize tables, etc. But , if want to attend one of the best OVERALL matches in the Southeast you need to put this one on your calendar. Logistics are excellent, cash payback the best I have seen considering the entry fee and the Awards presentation/meal is a first class act.

:bow:

• 3 months later...

Time for an update:

1st - The application should be up around Thanksgiving. Linda is finalizing details on accepting credit cards. Yes, you will be able to sign up for the match with a credit card.

2nd - Our ROs work hard so we have been trying to find ways to show our apprecation for their work. Well, ROs and match staff will receive a special gift from Backyard Outfitters. Ready for this: If you work the match, you will receive 2 pairs of pants, shorts, or one of each; plus 2 embroidered shirts; a hat; and a concealed carry vest from Backyard Outfitters. :goof: The way it will work is that once you are confirmed as staff, you will receive a code to order your clothing directly from Backyard Outfitters. They will be ready for you at registration. Want to see what they look like? Go to: http://www.backyardoutfitter.com . The shirts are item #4423; pants #4429; and shorts #4905.

Its our way to say thanks to our staff and RO's.

I'll post here when the app is available. Until then......

Edited by Jack Suber

I gotta say it again...your crew put one one of the best matches ever in 2007! Well worth the trip from Ohio Jack ;) I'm very glad to hear that you are continuing the trend.

Thanks, Micah. We do have a great crew here. I hope you can make it in April. I hope to have the stages finalized by December and to John Amidon for review. They should be posted on the web by January. Take care.

Time for an update:

1st - The application should be up around Thanksgiving. Linda is finalizing details on accepting credit cards. Yes, you will be able to sign up for the match with a credit card.

2nd - Our ROs work hard so we have been trying to find ways to show our apprecation for their work. Well, ROs and match staff will receive a special gift from Backyard Outfitters. Ready for this: If you work the match, you will receive 2 pairs of pants, shorts, or one of each; plus 2 embroidered shirts; a hat; and a concealed carry vest from Backyard Outfitters. :goof: The way it will work is that once you are confirmed as staff, you will receive a code to order your clothing directly from Backyard Outfitters. They will be ready for you at registration. Want to see what they look like? Go to: http://www.backyardoutfitter.com . The shirts are item #4423; pants #4429; and shorts #4905.

Its our way to say thanks to our staff and RO's.

I'll post here when the app is available. Until then......

Oh. Just wanted to make sure everyone understands that in addition to receiving the pants, shirts, etc., ROs and staff shoot free.

• 1 month later...

The match application is up. It can be accessed through our section website:

www.southcarolina-uspsa.org

or Linda's website at:

http://lchico.5u.com

The preview for the shirts is also up on our section website. The T-shirts will be a light grey with black text and images. The embroidered shirts will only have a logo on the front and will be of the same quality as last year.

We are finaliziing the stages now and hope to have them to John Amidon for review by the second week in January. As soon as he approves them, we'll post them on the website.

I look forward to seeing y'all in the New Year. Merry Christmas!

Jack,

I'll be there for sure! I'm looking forward to this match. Need any RO's?

Rich

Rich,

Believe it or not, we have an RO waiting list right now :blink: . I think it is because of the clothing package we are offering the ROs. I would email Linda (Lchico@msn.com) ASAP and get on the waiting list. I am sure some people will drop out.

How many more days before you are home?

After the T4T match this year I will most likely shoot this match instead of area 6. I can't do both on back to back weekends and T4T was so much fun I think I will do South Carolina.

The people, the stages, the whole package was great.

After the T4T match this year I will most likely shoot this match instead of area 6. I can't do both on back to back weekends and T4T was so much fun I think I will do South Carolina.

The people, the stages, the whole package was great.

Tony,

Come to this match, it is a great match. There is usually a pretty got revo turnout too.

I'll see you there.

Cliff

I'll drop my application this week. Hopefully Linda won't mind an e-mail of it to her. The snail mail from here to stateside is ridiculous.

Rich

I am always happy to hold slots for active duty military, deployed reservists, or those civilians working in conflict areas in support of our troops. Just email me the details. You can pay when you get stateside, or at the match. Whichever is more convenient for you. It's one of those non-negotiable conditions if I'm working the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2008 SC State Match Statistician