Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manny Bragg Class - Boise, ID

EricW

Posting on behalf of Lance Holstrom. Please contact him for registration & details:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manny Bragg will be offering a class in Boise, Idaho on July 21st and 22nd. On Sunday, we will shoot the regularly scheduled USPSA match in Emmett (20 minutes from Boise) as a squad, and Manny will help us work on the things learned during class on Saturday. He is willing to stay as late as we are on Saturday.

I’ve heard only great things about his class. It will be an excellent tune-up for the Area 1 and Lim Nationals, and the timing of the class still leaves one with time to burn in lessons learned.

Here are the details.

Cost: $400

Limited to 8 students

Number of Rounds: 1,500

Start time: Saturday at 8:00 a.m.

Payment must be received by July 18th at the absolute latest, and the class must be filled by that date to assure his attendance.

First paid, first served!

Send payment to:

Lance Holmstrom

1415 E. Prohaska Ct.

Eagle, ID 83616

Those with questions can call me at (208) 860-3229 or email me at Lholmstrom@Lhtac.org.

Edited by EricW

I took the two day class last fall and it was fantastic. Manny taught the one day, four person advanced class the day after nationals here in Missoula and once again I feel like I have improved a few percent in my performance. The first class has a very important message. Nate

I took his two day class in beautiful, metropolitan Frostproof, Florida. It was worth every penny and then some. If you have a chance to take his course, do it. You will undoubtedly become another member of the Manny fan club. :cheers:

As of today (7/5/07) we have 3 slots remaining for Manny's class scheduled for July 21st and 22nd in Emmett, Idaho. (20 minutes from Boise)

Don’t procrastinate if you want in, as I will reserve slots to those who pay first without playing favorites.

The details once again:

Limited to 8 students

Number of Rounds: 1,500

Start time: Saturday, July 21st at 8:00 a.m.

End time: Sunday, July 22nd at 5:00 p.m.

We will be shooting the Sunday USPSA match together as a squad, then resuming class until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.

Payment must be received by July 18th at the absolute latest, and the class must be filled by that date to assure Manny’s attendance.

I also took this class in Frostproof and there was a lot of great information there. Manny is a great guy to hang around with for a weekend, and oh ya, he knows a thing or two about shooting.

The match will be put on by Carrie and Rich Redovian, Pappy and Janice H., Sam, and a couple of the local shooters. There are always great stages that test all of your abilities. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun! If you are thinking about going, you should!

If you are going to take one of Manny's classes, here are some things to bring besides the usual stuff in your range bag and a backup gun:

1. Expectation to have a great time (you won't be disappointed)

2. Pleanty of ammo

3. Notebook and pen (he passes on a lot of great general and personal coaching nuggets)

4. Sun screen

5. Chair

6. Cold drinks (Gatorade or water)

7. Bandaids (for your trigger finger - no kidding)

8. Bug spray (I don't know about Boise this time of year but sweat usually draws bugs)

8. Maybe a bit more ammo

Trust me, you're going to like it!

Spare gun is also useful for times when the primary is too hot to touch.

I got my open gun so hot I actually melted a shock buff. Never have done that is 15 years of shooting and many other classes.

Update: As of today, I now have 5 slots paid in full. Several others are interested, but are procrastinating getting a check to me. So, the bottom line is that 3 slots are still available. Free lodging is available for those attending from outside of Boise.

My home in Eagle, Idaho (a suburb of Boise) which is about 20 minutes from the Emmet range where the class will be held. My wife and daughter are gone that weekend and I have 4 beds and 2 couches. So far, 3 of us will be staying here.

It is a great deal! Right now we have 1 GM, 2 A Class shooters, and 2 fairly new shooters confirmed. A friend of mine who is an M class shooter is trying to make arrangements to come as well. Manny was telling me that his class is set up so shooters advance through the training at their own pace, and it is not uncommon to have a range of abilities within the group.

I have spent a considerable amount of time trying to get this class to happen, and have been a bit dissappointed in the lack of interest within the Boise area and territory within 5 hours of Boise. There are quite a few clubs within that distance, but I think trying to schedule a class in the middle of the summer is difficult.

It's starting to look like it may not happen despite offering free lodging. But I won't give up until the last possible date! (July 18th)

Hmmmmmmm ..... free food too? And beer, we like beer! I might not be able to take the class but I'll be there for the pajama party and food fest!

one would figure you'd be there :lol: