Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Single Stack Division

Alan Meek

George fully supported the SS Division. His only issue was that it should complete the three year test period. George has helped me out in many, many ways with this project and others. He is someone I respect a lot, and call a friend.

The rulebook is on the front burner, and being finalized as we speak. I suspect it will be tansmitted to the printer in very short order.

Gary

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it should have run the whole course. Like you, I think that there were other issues to be discussed and decided (like production rules, senior and super senior age retention) that are far more important than moving this up a year. I hope we can see and hear as much joy if/when those other areas are left alone.

Not to throw a wrench in the wheels of progress...but I like to see how the USPSA elections turn out before the new rules are voted on. We have some issues that are one vote decisions (5-4)...

Flex,

The down side is, then the rule book could not be printed until late 1st quarter 2008 at the earliest. Any newly elected BoD members or President would not take office until Jan 1 2008 per the bylaws.

Alan

Flex I don't think we can wait that long. There is the print time, and delivery time that has to be taken into account. Also regardless, no new individuals will be taking office prior to 1-1-08, when the new rules take effect, so who we have now is who will make the final votes.

I have only one issue with the proposed rule book as it is now configured, and am working to change that issue. Absent that change, I am asking for a roll call vote on the issue so that everyone can see who voted for and against it.

Gary

I agree it should have run the whole course. Like you, I think that there were other issues to be discussed and decided (like production rules, senior and super senior age retention) that are far more important than moving this up a year. I hope we can see and hear as much joy if/when those other areas are left alone.

Not to throw a wrench in the wheels of progress...but I like to see how the USPSA elections turn out before the new rules are voted on. We have some issues that are one vote decisions (5-4)...

I agree.

This thread has been entirely too joyful. Allow me to ruin it. What's up with Area 8?

(edited cuz I cant spel)

My guess, and it is just a guess, is that the agreement was for a three year evaluation period. That isn't up yet. Isn't it great that we can make a decision and then bend to politics and change the rules of the game in the middle. <_<

The only "politics' involved the printing of a totally new rulebook that was not anticipated when the original proposal of a three year test was proposed. I would have been happy to let the original proposal run it's course, but this seemed to be the most cost effective and logical way to proceed. If you know of other "polotics' I would love to know about them since I have been involved on every aspect of this project.

Gary

With what Gary just brought to light, that is that the new rulebook was not envisioned when the 3-year period was agreed to, and that we'd either have to re-write the book or wed have to issue some sort of addenda which is one reason that we are semi-splitting off from IPSC. So all in , while personally I'd rather have let the provisional period run it's course, this looks like it makes sense. I think that it may have a silver lining. Since the inclusion was voted in order to avoid haing to change the rules immediately upon printing, just maybe we won't see L-10 go away for the same reason.

Jim

Glad SS has been made official. Doing so in order to make it a part of the new rulebook is common sense and a good move. We will know very little more if any more when the 3 year period is up than we do now. :cheers:

I believe I heard Rob Boudrie say there were over 6K archived classifiers, but I may be off on that number. It will take some amount of time to get those into the system. Also we have the current rule of your highest classification on record, other than open, unless open is your only classifier. Trying to establish classifications prior to January would, IMO, be very confusing. My guess is they will become available on the first update in January, 2008, but that is just a guess.

Gary

So, (without taking time to look up anything) do we have different holster rules for SS vs PROD??

The DOH is OK for PROD but not SS right???

What about those quad SS magpouches?

The short answer is yes there are different equipment rules.

The final 2008 rulebook has not been voted on as of yet, so I can't say exactly what the answers to your quesions are.

My guess however is that the complete frontstrap of the gun will have to be above the top of the belt.

As to the quad mag holder, if it maintains inside distance from the belt, it would be OK.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...
Light Rails?

From the rules as they currently stand:

16. Only 1911 production type pistols. Must be available to the general public and have their

basis in the original 1911 service pistol as designed by John M. Browning. Pistols made

from components that duplicate the factory originals are acceptable. Factory upgrade's

such as external extractors, firing pin blocks and other factory installed safety features are

permitted. Pistols with factory installed light rail attachments may be used if the dustcover

is no longer than 3.25 inches when measured from the rear of the slide stop pin to the front

of the dustcover.

Bob, as you probably know the placement of all National events is the pervue of the President. I have not heard any discussion about 2008 as of yet. If it remains joined with the SSC the procedure is first come- first served. If it is merged with one of the existing National events, I would guess that a winning slot for that event could be used in any offered division. That is the way it operates now, and I guess it would stay the same.

Gary

At last check, Chuck doesn't stock 771s - he prefers and steers everyone towards 773s. He will order 771s, though. That may have changed since my last check (been a while since I needed mag pouches...).

You could order them from Brian - they'll come from Safariland directly (though possibly at a larger delay than you might like - 2-4 weeks until they ship).

Edited by XRe