Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reapplying TruGrip

Micah

This past weekend I had the pleasure of shooting the IN Sectional. During this match, it rained a considerable amount and my TruGrip on my G34 got rather damp. The end result of the dampness is one side of the grip has peeled off and does not want to go back on. Have you ever used a specific glue to reattach the grip with good success?

Dude...there is this thing called a warranty. Sound like you need to write the deadbeat manufacturer and tell him to send you a new grip in replacement for the one that obviously failed under normal usage.

Dude...there is this thing called a warranty. Sound like you need to write the deadbeat manufacturer and tell him to send you a new grip in replacement for the one that obviously failed under normal usage.

Eric, I have been using your product for two years now and find them to be without flaw. Even when I sweat and bleed on your grips with daily dryfiring and weekend matches, I have never had a single issue with the grips coming off. I really would not consider being in the rain normal wear and tear...but I'll send you a pm anyway ;) Thanks again for making the best grips, EVAR!!11!!!!1!

Hi Micah,

Got your PM. If the grips fall off the gun without being sprayed with oil or brake cleaner, that's my definition of product failure. The fact that you've been a loyal customer is all the more reason to take me up on my offer to be a loyal supplier.

There are definitely cheaper options to gripping a handgun than what I sell. I really don't see myself as selling "3 sets of grip tape." I'm selling 3 solid grip jobs. It's OK to ask for your money's worth. You paid for it. ;)

E

Eric, I have been using your product for two years now and find them to be without flaw. Even when I sweat and bleed on your grips with daily dryfiring and weekend matches, I have never had a single issue with the grips coming off. I really would not consider being in the rain normal wear and tear...but I'll send you a pm anyway ;) Thanks again for making the best grips, EVAR!!11!!!!1!

The simple fact they could survive you beating the first frame all to Hell and gone showed me what a great product it is (like I didn't already know from personal experience!).

Mine's been wet several times in the last 18 months and it's still holding on. It's worn out and looks rough, but only has one corner starting to loosen up. I never notice how much it's worn till a buddy brings out his G20 which has like new grip tape on it. This stuff just keeps working. I really need to order more. I think I got my money's worth out of this one about a year ago. Maybe I shouldn't have given the other 2 away?

I just placed another order with Eric. It is almost impossible to get great products AND great customer service this day and age. Eric, you are a cut above :cheers: Thanks again!

I just placed another order with Eric. It is almost impossible to get great products AND great customer service this day and age. Eric, you are a cut above :cheers: Thanks again!

AGREED!!!!!! I have to say Eric is definitely a rare one these days. I made an order with him about 6 months ago and in passing just said that I needed to order some more glue for the seams, LE guns, cause my other bottle had dried up. He noticed that I had ordered that bottle about 6 months prior and told me it should have lasted longer and gave me a free bottle. Talk about above and beyond. Eric is the man, nuff said.

+1 :D

Great service from Eric!! I now have TruGrip installed on both my G17 and G23. It's a true quality stamp that he sends a great product, at a good price and at low shipping cost all the way here to Norway! Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Micah,

Got your PM. If the grips fall off the gun without being sprayed with oil or brake cleaner, that's my definition of product failure. The fact that you've been a loyal customer is all the more reason to take me up on my offer to be a loyal supplier.

There are definitely cheaper options to gripping a handgun than what I sell. I really don't see myself as selling "3 sets of grip tape." I'm selling 3 solid grip jobs. It's OK to ask for your money's worth. You paid for it. ;)

E

That's what I call integrity. :)

I would absolutely love to install the tru-grip on my G35. My only objection is that I love the look of my OD frame and am holding out for tru-grip in OD green. (hint... hint...) :D

madmike

Hi Micah,

E

I would absolutely love to install the tru-grip on my G35. My only objection is that I love the look of my OD frame and am holding out for tru-grip in OD green. (hint... hint...) :D

madmike

Hi Mike,

The problem is that the colored grip tape isn't as good as the black variety. I honestly think grip tape has some drawbacks, but right now, black grip tape is the best game in town for price/performance (IMO). If color is important, I'd take a look at A-Grip. Brooks Tactical is the manufacturer and I think their product is in a far better position to come in a variety of colors and still retain its performance. CPWSA is an A-Grip dealer and you may chat Chris up and see if he can help.

ETA, yup Brooks Tactical can make just about any color grip you want and green is on the list. Call up Chris and order some.

E

Edited by EricW

Well I am going to give Trugrip a try. I am not happy with what I have been using.

And seeing the way you stood behind your product here I think I will give it a try.

Good choice, Tony.

I use it on several different platforms and love it.

Hi Micah,

E

madmike

Thanks for the response... I looked at the a-grip but don't like the idea of the mag release being underneath it. Oh well, I may have to break down and go with the black tru-grip!

madmike

Hi Mike,

The problem is that the colored grip tape isn't as good as the black variety. I honestly think grip tape has some drawbacks, but right now, black grip tape is the best game in town for price/performance (IMO). If color is important, I'd take a look at A-Grip. Brooks Tactical is the manufacturer and I think their product is in a far better position to come in a variety of colors and still retain its performance. CPWSA is an A-Grip dealer and you may chat Chris up and see if he can help.

ETA, yup Brooks Tactical can make just about any color grip you want and green is on the list. Call up Chris and order some.

E

My trugrips last a long time and I love them. But I have borderline hyperhidrosis (sweaty palms) and I disintegrate my guitar strings and grips faster than normal.

I've had an edge come lose every once in awhile and I've found you can reseal the grip with 3m 77 adhesive.

It's a spray that I spray onto a qtip, spread and seal and then the grip will last longer.

Hope that helps.

Trey

Edited by Trey

• 4 weeks later...

I just reread this thread and realized you guys are being WAY too nice to Eric. Yeah, I know he has a great product, he stands behind it, he's honest, blah, blah, blah. Yeah, it's true. But with all these complements his head is going to swell up to the point where he'll have to buy all new hats. He may even have to have a dome made over the driver's seat of his car!

Eric:

I wonder if leaving the gun in the hot summer sun for several hours until it is literally to hot to handle with bare hands will cause the tape to fail?

It can definitely cause the adhesive to turn gooey and let the tape slip. The new version of tape is better in that regard than the old, but stuff happens. Regardless, I will replace it for free. Unless you're Jobob. Then I'll charge you double and give you crap about your M4.