Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

More Info on A1 Multi Gun and MOR Match

Great match.. :)

Thanks to Tom, Mike and Chuck and all the RO's (especially our squad RO: Earl) and staff that put it on!

Don't miss this one next year.

For a match with entry fees this small, it had a fantastic prize table..

Tom.. we all did miss the Xmas trees (shown in outerlimits's avatar - btw - nice job Butch, but I'm sure they had your age reversed) ..

Who won MOR? Results?

BTW, congratulations Mr. Kelley! :)

The match results are up at nassonline.org or uspsa.org-thanks Brian!

The MOR Match was won by Dave Neth, Gordon Baladad took 2nd, and Chuck Anderson was 3rd. Gordon, you left before I could give you your prize money but we'll send you a check.

A personal thanks to all of the RO's who really had to hustle their squads around after we experienced major delays on the long range rifle stage, which ended up being tossed. The domino effect took over and we ended up having to scramble to get the rest of the match done. Another thanks to the shooters who had to put up with the delays.

Mike and I are talking about if we want to continue putting on multi gun matches. I think that after the pain goes away we'll sit down and look at doing one next year, if it pencils out. I can tell you that the match fee is definitely going up, probably closer to $100. We really couldn't afford any major advertising on our current budget and some of those props are getting pretty tired. And we'll probably look at holding a match(if we do this again) later in the summer or early fall to avoid issues with the grass seed farmer and the long range rifle spot. The guy held off harvesting for our match but we can't expect him to lose part of his crop and we can't set out anything closer than 300 yards without damaging his grass.

Albany is talking about adding another 6 bays to the south of the 'upper' bays which would give us some more options. I've put in my ideas of making those bays deeper to get us more options for multi gun.

The issue with the long range stage will be resolved by next year, I hope, if we can get a time cap initiated for rifle stages, based on some type of distance/number of targets/??? matrix to determine the max allowed time. For those of you who kept saying "Time Fire" that won't work with steel and I wouldn't want to create another set of confusing rules for pistol and/or shotgun.

Thanks again for all the folks who came out to help set up and for all of you that came out to shoot...

Tom Chambers

Range Master

2007 Area 1 Multi Gun

Any results posted yet?

Sorry I missed the match...again... :(

I don't have a current copy of EZWinScore at home, and therefore cannot dump the match results to post them on nassonline.org's website. Bruce Gary has posted them on USPSA's Major Match Results page.

Tom, Chuck, et. al,

Please let us know what you'll need support for in the way of props, etc. for next year. You're going about the process with the right attitude. :)

As a side note, I'm wondering if it's time to build a trial "USPSA Roving Match in a Trailer" where clubs could share props regionally. Setting up these types of matches is a huge financial and logistical burden for a small club. I wonder if collectivism will help (or will it turn in to McMatch - where every match is the same regardless of location)?

E

Edited by EricW

Tom, Chuck, et. al,

Please let us know what you'll need support for in the way of props, etc. for next year. You're going about the process with the right attitude. :)

As a side note, I'm wondering if it's time to build a trial "USPSA Roving Match in a Trailer" where clubs could share props regionally. Setting up these types of matches is a huge financial and logistical burden for a small club. I wonder if collectivism will help (or will it turn in to McMatch - where every match is the same regardless of location)?

E

Back in 2001, when Mike and I first thought up North American Shooting Sports, our dream was to become the "Have Props, will Travel" guys. But logistics keep getting in the way of that golden dream. Imagine the size of the rig(s) needed to haul all the stuff we had at the match this weekend. About 100 walls, tons of steel, 200 target stands( well, 187), awingers, activators, props, various and sundry other items that would require at least two semis and that was for just 10 stages.

Your right, putting on a big match is hurdle many small clubs can't get over. One thing that has been a boon for us in the Willamette Valley is to pool the resources of the 3 local clubs for Sectional and Area matches. That works because there's mutual trust amongst the three clubs and the willingness to make things work.

And oh, by the way, just send us money-for the props! :cheers:

Tom Chambers

Wish I could have been there. I will be there for the NW Challenge, or at least that's the plan.

I haven't seen any recent info on the NW Challenge web site. Anyone know if there is a match hotel, where/when to sign in, etc?

Wish I could have been there. I will be there for the NW Challenge, or at least that's the plan.

I haven't seen any recent info on the NW Challenge web site. Anyone know if there is a match hotel, where/when to sign in, etc?

Send them an email and see what's up:

Email Contact Page

Edited by walangkatapat

Mike, Tom, Chuck & RO's

Thank you guy's for all your hard work. Area 1 multi-gun was a great time and for those who didn't make it a great prize table too. DPMS, Sierra and all the sponsors really deserve some recognition.

Carl Carbon

mike, tom, chuck and everyone i don't know, loved the match. will always be up there for any 3gun you guyz are involved in. only regret was not getting to shoot the long range rifle.

IAC, thanx so much for putting this match on. you guyz did a great job, and here' to all the sponsors that ponied up all the goodies.

mike, tom, chuck and everyone i don't know, loved the match. will always be up there for any 3gun you guyz are involved in. only regret was not getting to shoot the long range rifle.

IAC, thanx so much for putting this match on. you guyz did a great job, and here' to all the sponsors that ponied up all the goodies.

I don't know if we'll do the MOR again. 5 shooters this year doesn't equate to a lot of interest for the amount of work setting up stages for the MOR and then resetting them for the regular match. IF I do it again it might just be a one stage, maximum range kind of a deal like they're doing at the A1 Pistol Match.

And yes, Mike and I are exploring the possibilities of doing the Multi Gun next year but its just at a "let's talk about it" stage right now.

Tom Chambers

I don't know if we'll do the MOR again. 5 shooters this year doesn't equate to a lot of interest for the amount of work setting up stages for the MOR and then resetting them for the regular match. IF I do it again it might just be a one stage, maximum range kind of a deal like they're doing at the A1 Pistol Match.

I think only five were there because I frankly thought it was a last minute thing as it wasn't on the application. At least for me it appears that it was up in the air as to if it was going to be held.

People have to gear up. They have to practice for it. They have to request the additional vacation day. Etc. If the MOR match was a go from the start... from my perspective that wasn't clear. I think that this may have contributed to the low turn out.

I'd suggest that if it is done in the future the sidematch should be included in the match application. The shooters who want to shoot it should include a separate check for the side match. If the required # of shooters isn't met a month out... just cancel the side match and notify the people that the side match won't be held and destroy the extra check.

Mike, I hope you go for the USMG next year. Albany worked out great and I would go there again in a flash, especially if it's run by y'all.

As far as MOR goes at area matches, I like the idea of a one stage, max distance thing, like you used to do at previous A1 3G matches where you ran one MOR stage on Sunday after the match ended and before results were out. No extra timeframe for the competitors and easy on the staff too.

As far as participation in the MOR match goes, it made a huge difference to me to have to take an extra day to shoot it. That equates to not only the sidematch fee but an extra night's hotel food etc, plus the extra day off work/away from home. I think participation would be much higher if there was a way to shoot the MOR match on the empty half day of the schedule.