Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

It's the real deal. The suit helps route the charge running around them (which they do feel). Actually pretty common. On the other hand, it's far more dangerous to do it while in contact with the ground. The safest thing would be to shut the whole thing down. Ain't happening.

This is high payin' work for really good pilots only and skid sitters with a whole lotta' of nerve. Don't apply if you are afraid of electricity, or heights, or both!

This is the best way to repair transmission line infrastructure without taking them out of service. Been happening for a few years after one pilot/repairman team pioneered the method a few years back on their own in a foreign country without OSHA rules. Once it was proved as a working technique, it became accepted over here.

Musta' taken some real cojones to be the guys who tried it first to see if it actually worked! The big worry they had as I remember was not about the possibility of electrocution, but whether the charge taken on would kill the chopper!

Real deal.

I happened to run into a bunch from Haverfield, (http://www.haverfield.com/), who hung out next door to my aeromedical helo for a month or so.

Both of us thought each others jobs was nuts.

Talked to one of the linemen. One word described him. Focused.

I went to this website and saw a "Job Opportunities" link. Rather than having postitions they asked for your info, asked what position you wanted and the desired salary. Looks like if you are crazy enough to do the work, it is name your own price. :D

Hey Pharoah Bender, I think I have found your new job. :ph34r:

It's the real deal. The suit helps route the charge running around them (which they do feel).

It's my understanding that the suit is a stainless steel mesh, kinda like chain-mail. I suspect it would have to be a mighty fine mesh to keep it from being too heavy.

If you look closely, you can see the suit has an extra large crotch section. It's to hold the extra large cajones required for the job. :lol:

dj