Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Online results

Sestock

It's not my club, but while on vacation in AZ I shot a local match at a club near Tucson. At the end, I asked how long it usually takes to get online results posted and the person told me "Oh, we don't do that, the guy that did that moved away. We hang them on the wall about 2 hours after the match." Retarded.

Edited by Interceptor

We post the results to our website. I posted our April match reults to USPSA local. Reason I now will: The enhanced reporting that provides hits and misses. What would make this feature really great? Add the unofficial combined scores. This is especially important to small matches where there may only be a couple people in a division. We post combined so that as an example the L-10 and Limited shooters can do a direct comparrison.

I know all the problems that can occur, but most of our people get it.

Add this and we have the unequalled best there is in score reporting. We already have the best matches and shooting sport.

Jim

What would make this feature really great? Add the unofficial combined scores. This is especially important to small matches where there may only be a couple people in a division. We post combined so that as an example the L-10 and Limited shooters can do a direct comparrison.

Jim

I'll second that. I like seeing the combined results.

What would make this feature really great? Add the unofficial combined scores. This is especially important to small matches where there may only be a couple people in a division. We post combined so that as an example the L-10 and Limited shooters can do a direct comparrison.

Jim

I'll second that. I like seeing the combined results.

Spot on, Jim. If I didn't email out the 'unofficial' combined results, the local shooters would be storming my house with pitchforks and torches. :o

And yes, I do post the results on USPSA.org.

It's not going to happen. If it weren't for the fact they knew we'd all march on Sedro Woolley, they'd have taken combined out of ezws a long time ago.

Oh, and I just posted combined results of the 2007 Area 6 Championship to both georgiaipsc.com and uspsa-area6.org, along with the rest of the .pdf results.

It's not going to happen. If it weren't for the fact they knew we'd all march on Sedro Woolley, they'd have taken combined out of ezws a long time ago.

I don't understand this. My impression is that most of the membership likes the combined results. We are a membership driven (I like to think) organization. Shazaam. Why can't we get these stats via the USPSA website?

To answer the original question, we are like ima45dv8 - post to USPSA but also send out via email and post to our club site, including the combined results.

REALLY like the new performance summary. I used to carry an index card at matches to keep track of these exact stats, but quit because it was a hassle when combined with normal mental prep, pasting, ROing, scoring, etc. Very nice addition. Very nice, indeed.

Ummm, as the one posting the results to OUR website, but NOT the one uploading the classifiers to USPSA..

How do I upload the matches?

Login to USPSA.org, go to the Members area, select "Local Match Results" button on left, then "Upload your local match results on-line" at the bottom, then select "Upload local match results" button at left.

*Note: The club password is the same one which you use for uploading classifiers to USPSA HQ. If you do not have a club code and would like one, please email Roger Maier (roger@uspsa.org)

I use Bill Noyes' html template for our club match results, and also upload them to USPSA's website.

Our match results can be seen here. I've thought about other formats for our results, but frankly don't have the time to create/learn something different.

I use ultraedit to open my template, and the html results files produced by EzWinScore, and copy/paste the relevant code into my template, and then run a macro to change some other stuff. I usually get this done at the club while the MD goes through the results, and put it on a USB thumb drive, and upload immediately when I get home. I usually have results posted before most folks get home from the match.

I use Bill Noyes' html template for our club match results, and also upload them to USPSA's website.

Our match results can be seen here. I've thought about other formats for our results, but frankly don't have the time to create/learn something different.

I use ultraedit to open my template, and the html results files produced by EzWinScore, and copy/paste the relevant code into my template, and then run a macro to change some other stuff. I usually get this done at the club while the MD goes through the results, and put it on a USB thumb drive, and upload immediately when I get home. I usually have results posted before most folks get home from the match.

Could you send me your Ultraedit macros and the Template?

I'd like to try it.

Boy, I did that a LONG time ago, I was still running 1.x of ezwinscore, I think, back when the generated html was almost not worth the disk space it was taking up. They're a lot better now, almost usable as is. I was doing all that modification work manually; I'm glad you have something that does it for you. But I stopped all that effort after I got my hands on my first copy of Adobe Acrobat. Now I just print from ezws straight to Acrobat's pdf writer (example: 2007 Area 6 match results on uspsa-area6.org, for instance), upload those, and I haven't looked back!

• 2 years later...

If I didn't email out the 'unofficial' combined results, the local shooters would be storming my house with pitchforks and torches. ohmy.gif

Is this the reason most clubs don't use the USPSA web site for local results?

It seems like a good resource, but none of our local clubs use it. I am assuming: 1) there are no fees involved and 2) the results appear as soon as they are uploaded. If so, I'm surprised more clubs don't use this feature.

If I didn't email out the 'unofficial' combined results, the local shooters would be storming my house with pitchforks and torches. ohmy.gif

Is this the reason most clubs don't use the USPSA web site for local results?

It seems like a good resource, but none of our local clubs use it. I am assuming: 1) there are no fees involved and 2) the results appear as soon as they are uploaded. If so, I'm surprised more clubs don't use this feature.

I don't think it's the "reason".

Probably more of a habit...and not taking a minute to learn who to do it.

It really is easy. And, takes about as little time as it took me to post this.

I post our clubs results on the uspsa site. I also post results on our own club site, i post overall combined and overall stages results as guys like to see how they stacked up against a fellow competitor.