Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why extra ammo not returned at chrony?

mscott

I've only shot 3 matches where ammo was chronied, but got the extra rounds back after being checked at 2 of them. At the SSC there wasn't a bullet pulled, so there were 5 extra rounds left over. When asked if we got our ammo back, the chrono RO said they kept it. Why? What happens to it? Is that a "bonus" for working the match or something?

I've only shot 3 matches where ammo was chronied, but got the extra rounds back after being checked at 2 of them. At the SSC there wasn't a bullet pulled, so there were 5 extra rounds left over. When asked if we got our ammo back, the chrono RO said they kept it. Why? What happens to it? Is that a "bonus" for working the match or something?

I had a chronoguy tell me once that they hung onto it until the end of the match, in case anyone wanted to challenge either the chrono, or my ammo specifically. That said, I doubt there's a chrono guy out there who'd feel comfortable shooting a bunch of unknown reloads through his gun......

The person to ask your question of would have been the RM......

Seems like I always get mine back in the same envelope I gave it to them in. It wouldn't be a problem for me either way it goes.

But I do like to be around when all the pulled bullet powder gets burned at the end of a match. Quite a show.

(it doesn't take much to amuse me these days :lol::lol::lol: )

dj

only been to the chrno 4 times all but once I got the ammo and compents less powder back.

Summer blast I only got the bullet back, but then I used all my ammo to just miss major :angry: .

now I load to 173 to 175 pf for my lowest round instead of 170.

I had a chronoguy tell me once that they hung onto it until the end of the match, in case anyone wanted to challenge either the chrono, or my ammo specifically. That said, I doubt there's a chrono guy out there who'd feel comfortable shooting a bunch of unknown reloads through his gun......

The person to ask your question of would have been the RM......

I thought of that. On the other hand, they're not entirely unknown. Some of them were just chorongraphed.

Lee

I've always been surprised that there are people out there willing to shoot other peoples reloads all day long at the chrono.

I used to do it at the Area 3 in the late '80's. Nice way to handle/check out a lot of different guns. The only ones that worried me were the few Major Glocks (PF 175+!). The ones I disliked shooting was anything with a Hybrid Comp on it. Never liked the concussion in my face.

As long as I didn't have to use "my" gun for someone else's souped up load, it was educational.

In 3 years, I never had any problems. A few competitors were'nt happy though.

• 2 weeks later...

Every chrono stage I've been to gave me back the unused rounds. Of course, six of them were in a moonclip that wouldn't release the rounds without a fight. On two occasions, they had to shoot 6 rounds to get 3 that were fast enough to make PF.

Must be the weather. :lol:

Every chrono stage I've been to gave me back the unused rounds. Of course, six of them were in a moonclip that wouldn't release the rounds without a fight. On two occasions, they had to shoot 6 rounds to get 3 that were fast enough to make PF.

Must be the weather. :lol:

I figured tha you would have factored in the weather for a match.

If they keep the extra rounds, how do they determine which ones are Major-9 and which ones are standard loads?? Oooh, that was a bit stout seems a little foolish. Forty's loaded long won't even fit in a factory magazine. I would have no interest in grabbing a hand full of chrono leftovers and testing my luck. <_<

I've always gotten my unused rounds back.

I can't imagine anyone else shooting a bunch of unknown ammo.

I still have a bunch of ULSC rounds from shagging brass at my sectional stages. I guess one day I'll toss them or pull the bullets when I'm REALLY bored.

Well, if you shoot in the northeast, Gray Thompson takes them along with all of the ULSC rounds in the dirt and shoots them in matches. :o:wacko::blink::wacko:

Or at least he used to...... :lol:

John Krummel did also.He would shoot a stage and it sounded like "bang boom,pow boom,boom pow etc. :lol: