Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Moonclip Holder

Jaxshooter

I shot a local ICORE match yesterday with my new moonclip holder made by Bob Perdue.

It is the best holder I have found. It securley attaches to your belt with no sag with 8 moonclips on it. It holds 8 moonclips in less space on the belt than 4 conventional holders.

The moonclips are secure when moving and easy to get off for reloading.

If you are looking for the ultimate moonclip holder give this one a look.

I used mine for the first time this past weekend at the CAPS match. We had a 30+ round stage and WHATTA DIFFERENCE!! Not having to search all along my belt for that 5th clip :D and I didn't notice my reloads getting any slower.

Thanks Bob!

I used mine for the first time this past weekend at the CAPS match. We had a 30+ round stage and WHATTA DIFFERENCE!! Not having to search all along my belt for that 5th clip :D and I didn't notice my reloads getting any slower.

Thanks Bob!

It's hard to notice when you time them with a calendar.....

Did I say that outloud???

Edited by cliffwalsh

Thanks Bob!

It's hard to notice when you time them with a calendar.....

Did I say that outloud???

Ouch! Come on man! They don't take longer than 20 seconds!

You can add me to the 2x4 converts. I got a chance to look at Bob's holder at the PSA Shootout and was sold on the spot. The holder is really well built and puts the moons right where you can get at them.

Previously I was using 8 California Competition holders. Besides looking like an organ grinder or like I was festooned with that change dispenser thing-a-ma-jig that waitresses wear, there was so little velcro on the belt that was exposed that the belt would sag. Not to mention reaching into you back left pocket to find the last couple moons on a long stage.

While I was at the range I noticed that the current model 2x4 holder just fits moons from a 627 with .38 Special rounds. Bob said if anybody needed the rods to be made longer for whatever reason he could change them, but it seems like it'll work fine for both of my N- frames for now.

I was able to put the holder on easily while I was stuck in traffic for an hour on I78, when the heck is Penn DOT going to get that road fixed? Do they even give a sh*t that people use that road?

Anyway, Bob's a great guy who built a really great product that works.

While I was at the range I noticed that the current model 2x4 holder just fits moons from a 627 with .38 Special rounds. Bob said if anybody needed the rods to be made longer for whatever reason he could change them, but it seems like it'll work fine for both of my N- frames for now.

Anyway, Bob's a great guy who built a really great product that works.

Mine works with my 625, 610, and 627.

I shot ICORE last Saturday at Jax. I won the ICORE match last month and again this month. I just got through loading 45s for the next USPSA match. I am going to practice in the morning with the 625. I also bought another one for a backup gun. Now I have to get Swenson to do the trigger on it tomorrow.

Cliff brought 2 of the new Perdue moon holders to Area 6. I tried one for the match, It held the moon clips tight enough so they wouldn't fall out when running and they were very easy to pull off. I was using a version of the speed rack.

I talked with Bob this morning about the posibility of building one that will hold 10 moons-He said he should be able to build that as well. if your are interested, contact Bob

as mentioned in previous post, it was very nice having all the clips in front and not having to reach all over the belt to find the next one.

overall it worked very well!

Great product from a fellow Revo shooter.

Phil

Yep....Bob is the man! It's nice to see there is still some innovation left in la revolver cosa nostra.

This revolver thing of ours.

Yep....Bob is the man! It's nice to see there is still some innovation left in la revolver cosa nostra.

Help me out, Nemo. Esta cosa vuelta de nuestros.

Help me out, Nemo. Esta cosa vuelta de nuestros.

Here ya' go, Bob: "Esta, nuestra cosa del revólver"

On pain: It all depends on where it hurts... :(

I shot revolver with Bob at Thurmont about three weeks back & he kicked butt with that new moonclip holder of his. Good design & excellent fabrication on Bob's part. I think it is the way to go for revolver. And Bob is a heck of a nice guy to boot.