Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holmen Rod & Gun Club, Holmen, WI, 6 matches a year 20 - 30 people per match, normally 4 stages, 50 - 70 rounds rifle, 15 - 30 rounds shotgun, and 15 - 50 rounds handgun depending on COF. www.wisconsinshooters.com has the COF info.

Mesa, Arizona Police Games 3 Gun (this year under the banner of the Western States Police Games at Rio Salado in October). Approx. 40-50 LEO shooters. Approx 200-250 rounds.

Rio Salado also has a 2 gun (rifle and shotgun) monthly match the 2d Saturday of every month. Approx 50-60 shooters. Approx 100 rounds.

Crossroads Sport shooting assn.

USPSA multigun........quarterly

Memphis Sport shooting assn.

USPSA multigun............every 5th Sunday.

both matches usually run 50+ pistol, 50+ rifle, and just a little less shotgun.

Hop

Tri County Gun Club (Northern Illinois Section).

7 - 3 gun matches per year (4th Sunday). 25-40 shooters per match.

10 stages per match. 5 handgun (1 classifier), 3 shotgun, 2 rifle.

We shoot handgun in the morning, break for lunch (lunch included in match fee),

then shoot long gun in the afternoon. Lunch also included for handgun only shooters.

$25 for 3 gun (free shoot to winners in limited, tactical, open), $15 for handgun.

Total number of rounds varies, but approx 100 pistol, 75 rifle, 30 shotgun.

No multi gun stages.

www.flpracticalshooting.com

Matches held at Hernando sportsman club located between Wicci wachi and Crystal river in west central Florida.

Rifle match, 5 stages, 35-60 competitors held the 2nd saturday of, Feb, March, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec.

2-Gun match (Shotgun/Pistol), 4 stages, 10-25 competitors, 4th saturday every month

3-Gun match, 5 stages, 30-40 competitors held the 2nd saturday of Jan, April, July, Oct.

Hvy Metal match, 5 stages, 14 competitors avg, held on the 5th sunday of any month that has 5 sundays.

(Rifle shots out to 200 yards, and all matches cost $10.00 per entry. check out the website for more info)

MTSC

Club level match is held quarterly (next one is May 5) :)

5-6 stages each match with a mix of gun. Usually no more than 1 stage is single gun usage.

Rogue rules.

Limited, Tac, Hvy Metal, Open Divisions.

Longest shot is ~300 yrds.

25-40 competitor's per match.

~70 rnds pistol & rifle. ~35 shotgun.

$30.00

Alan

Thank you to everyone who posted entries. Some failed to enter round count or number of shooters, so the following results are not complete. I tallied what I could from this survey and from searching the web for match results. It is interested to note that I've only tallied results from 42 matches and/or clubs. There are many more unaccounted for.

Matches/Clubs included in survey -- 42

Number of events -- 295

Number of competitor entries -- 3613

Total number of rounds fired / year -- 1,800,252

• 3 weeks later...

RUBY MOUNTAIN 3-GUN

www.NNRPA.org - Northeastern Nevada Rifle & Pistol Association

Elko Nevada

2007 match May 11-13 Limited to 50 shooters [Annual match normally held in May]

Combo multi gun / 3-gun format with surprise stage total of 7 courses approximately 400 rounds combined. Scored Time Plus.

Contact Danielle :D 775-340-0080

I'm doing some foot work for a LARGE company... sorry, can't say who right now, that is considering promoting and supporting 3-gun matches. They are requesting some stats on the following items:

Name of Match / Club

# of matches per year

# of competitors/ match

# of rounds per match

I've noted the matches on 3gunrules.com but I was thinking that I may be missing some.

So that we don't get duplicates, can a match official or an active 3-gun club post ONE reply for each match/club with this info, if would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce,

I haven't checked in to the BE forum for a while and I just noticed your thread.

I'm the MD for the Black Creek 3 Gun Club - Richmond, VA.

website - http://bc3g.th.cx

Last Saturday of each month

started April, 2005.

25 - 35 shooters each match

125 - 145 rounds minimum/shooter/match

Regards,

Joe

Bruce Piatt

• 2 weeks later...

Owensboro Rifle and Pistol Club in Lewisport Ky. Matches are every 5th Saturday.

Last weeks match constisted of:

100+ rifle

130+ pistol

50 bird shot

6 slugs

Keep in mind that this was a 2 day 16 stage match and pistol was shot on Saturday and rifle and shotgun on Sunday. All the other matches throughout the year are multigun. We also are host for the KY State Multigun Championship for the 3rd year. Hope to see you all there.

Chris C.

I saw no mention of MGM Ironman, June 7-9, 2007, in Parma, ID.

120+ shooters

This year's estimated round count per shooter:

Rifle: 312 + 10 precision rifle

SG: 285 shot, 73 slug, 6 buck

Pistol: 379

Total: 1115 (includes 50 rounds supplied by MGM for the sub-gun stage)

That's a minimum of 133,800 total rounds fired in one match!

Palm Springs Gun Club, CA, actually Thousand Palms, CA. 1st Sunday of the month, between 12 to 40 shooters, depends on the month, usually 150-200 rounds total. Rifle out to 300 yards. Match director favors long pistol shots, lots of slugs, and bowling pins at 25 yards for rifle...

• 3 weeks later...

Rio Salado Sportsman's Club - Mesa, Arizona

Host of the annual Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun. We hold several two-gun events, but only one 3-gun event each year in the spring time.

This is a three day event. Approximately 250 competitors per match. Min 213 - max 337 rounds using a neutralizing tactic of scoring of one hit per knife, shot-gun, or slug; two hits per rifle or pistol. We have developed the IMA Rules posted on our web site (SMM3G Home Page). The past few years entries have filled the match in less than a week. This past year we opted to go to a lottery system which is being tweeked for the Rio Salado Desert Classic / USPSA Area 2 event hosted by our same club by the same staff.

Match Co-directors: Paul Caudill (director of our Rio Salado Practical Pistol Division) and Bob LaMarca (long-time Rio member and coach of the Junior Small-bore program).

Area 2 Chic :ph34r: