Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local Match Today....cold

Flyin40

Cheer up fellas, would you like to trade your frozen toes for my sunburned neck? :D

Gladly. The crazy part was how it would go from sunny and warm (33) to cloudy and complete white out and strong winds (20 with windchill) in the course of 10 minutes. Then 20 minutes later it was sunny again.

Edited by Texas HK shooter

It was 23degrees, snowing like crazy for our local match........here is some video. I would of took more but I only had one battery.

CVille

Flyin40

How cold could it be? I noticed 1 guy shooting in a t shirt. :D That stage with the bicycle looked like fun.

Gladly. The crazy part was how it would go from sunny and warm (33) to cloudy and complete white out and strong winds (20 with windchill) in the course of 10 minutes. Then 20 minutes later it was sunny again.

It's the Ohio River Valley. If you don't like the weather, no worries - in 10 minutes it will change.

We are freaking out down here!!!! 40 degs. raining and about to start forming ice!!!! Because the people that know where I live know water freezes at 50 degs. We have north pole gear on right now and i don't want to leave me house!

I do welcome you all to come down when its 105 outside for 6 weeks with 85% humity! Oh how I love that!!!!!

I keep seeing these totally un-real weather reports (It's APRIL, fer cryin' out loud!!!) with snow out East heaped up by the foot and all...!! I'm tired of hearing about "lake effect snow", too. All the poor little folks that live there must be dead by now!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink:

Gee, cold and snow in the South. Must be terrible. In Spokane, WA this weekend it got up into the high 60s with lots of sun, so I put the top down on the convertible when I was out and about. (I'll post a picture later of shooting in the snow.)

There was a little bit of a cool factor to shooting in that hard of a snowfall. That much rain would have really sucked. The stages were all pretty good ones that you really shouldn't have missed because of the weather.

I'm glad you guys liked that bicycle stage...it was my way of laying the motorcycle accident to rest. You'll remember that the targets on the straight were easy, but got tricky in the left turn if you were going a hair too fast and tried "trail braking."

Funny thing is, I was the guy who almost dropped the bike before my reshoot. :)

Shooting in the snow...it's the same for everyone, but the guy who ignores it has the advantage. :)

SA

Edited by Steve Anderson

Here's the picture of shooting in the snow. Two pics merged into one. The bottom guy is my step-son, top, of course, is me. Just noticed that both of us have about the same shooting style, but at least he was taught to not put his left index finger on the front of the trigger guard.

post-6529-1176746651.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We did that here in North Mississippi a few years ago.........was one of the funnest and most memorable matches Many of us can remember.

Who is that shooting a wheelgun with short sleaves? Just proves the wheelgunners are just a little different! ;)

Hopalong

We did that here in North Mississippi a few years ago.........was one of the funnest and most memorable matches Many of us can remember.

Who is that shooting a wheelgun with short sleaves? Just proves the wheelgunners are just a little different! ;)

Hopalong

Thats Chad and he has on the UnderArmour Cold weather gear under that T-shirt...... :ph34r: Which he says is really warm

Flyin