Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Looks like you don't need a dot!cheers.gif

Thanks Corey :) Felt pretty good today.

The new camera did a good job!

I agree Ralph...the new headcam did a pretty good job.

th_3-28-2010MRPC.jpg

PB,

Do you know your hit fact. on the classifier CM 99-16?

jkatz44, after watching the film, I shot that classifier a bit too lethargically. 10A 2C at a time of 6.66 ( :devil:) puts me at a 93-94% nationally.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like you don't need a dot!cheers.gif

Thanks Corey :) Felt pretty good today.

The new camera did a good job!

I agree Ralph...the new headcam did a pretty good job.

th_3-28-2010MRPC.jpg

PB,

Do you know your hit fact. on the classifier CM 99-16?

jkatz44, after watching the film, I shot that classifier a bit too lethargically. 10A 2C at a time of 6.66 ( :devil:) puts me at a 93-94% nationally.

PB,

That is a good run. I too shot it a bit too careful. I shot it in 7.83 seconds with 10A and 2C which puts me at about a 79%.

How do you feel switching back to iron sights??

Flyin

John, it's...to borrow Julie's saying, "The same, but different". I have been training with the Open gun since the IPSC Nats, and the one thing that the dot has shown me is instant feedback on my index and shot placement when I dryfire. Working the hell out of sotm and entering/leaving positions this winter, the dot was showing me all of the weird, wasteful movements that I was making. Going back to the irons, I get the feeling that I have decreased the amount of visual input that I need for many shots, and have learned to trust my index and skill set more. With the grips of both guns being identical, and having the STS dot and iron post resting at almost the same height on the slide, the transition is instant.

I still plan on shooting both Open and Production all season long.

Shot Mburg Monday tonight...my Open Jager Glock ran perfectly once again despite dipping into my *gasp* CCI primer'd ammo. The Open gun wasn't the only thing...my new headcam came through once again!

I am beginning to not notice the difference between the dot and the iron sights. I look at the target, and my sights are already there with both.

th_03-29-2010MburgMonday.jpg

I have club matches on both Saturday and Sunday (Circleville and Oxford respectively), and so far the weather looks warm and dry :)

:roflol:

I didn't catch that until I already uploaded the video into Photobucket. Too late now :)

Ahhhhh the year 201. Hunting, gathering, and the constant thread of Norse domination. I kept wondering when we would start actually planting our food and raising our cattle.

:roflol:

I didn't catch that until I already uploaded the video into Photobucket. Too late now :)

Ahhhhh the year 201. Hunting, gathering, and the constant thread of Norse domination. I kept wondering when we would start actually planting our food and raising our cattle.

Constant THREAD? :huh:

Edited by Chris Keen

Woohoo...it's a 2 match weekend, and today was Cville.

What I did well I did well, and what I did poorly I did very poorly. The worst of the worst was on the classifier. (You got me Mark R!) And as promised to my squadmates, I owned up and added it to my video. FWIW the music is by a group that I am currently digging called E.S. Posthumus:

th_04-03-10Cville.jpg

From this point on, whenever I encounter an activator where I have only the mover to engage, I will ALWAYS double/triple it if I have the rounds. Holy crap I waited forever for a swinger today!

Moving forward and not backward, tomorrow is the first Oxford match of the year. With my camera tilted a bit higher, and my abacus in hand, I will improve ;)

Chris just got the results out...OUCH! 4th place at a club match. Aside from failing to prepare for the classifier, my greatest error was allowing it to effect how I shot the following stage. I am usually able to let bs stay on a bay, and when I move to the next stage, I leave it behind. For whatever reason, at a club match no less, I allowed that bombed stage to rent space in my mind.

I have come to the conclusion that dryfire, livefire, and weightlifting can prepare the body and technique for the new season, but mental muscles can atrophy over the winter months just like any other. I feel, however, that said muscles can be quickly rehabilitated ;)

Today's match at Oxford went much better than Saturday's match. The match director always has weird and challenging stages to challenge us, and today was no different. Aside from dropping an egg out of my basket (procedural) and placing the basket on the wrong barrel (another stupid procedural) I shot the match clean.

th_04-04-2010Ox.jpg

Happy Easter :)

3 matches in 3 days? How did I get so fortunate? Feels like I live in one of those always warm/always shooting states like Arizona, Georgia, Florida, Texas, or South Carolina :)

Here is the video from the Mburg Monday match. I shot Open with my Production gun using the Taylor Freelance bigsticks just because I did not want my last livefire before the IN match to be with a different gun.

I struggled mentally with the KISS rule vs. different plans for each stage plan since the target array was the same for each stage. I opted for the KISS.

th_04-05-2010MburgMondayy.jpg

Just got back from the Indiana SS/Prod/Revo...great match and amazing weather. After watching my film however, I cannot say the same about my shooting. Although I had 1-3 D's and no penalties, there were an onslaught of make-up shots and weird reloads with a sprinkling of trigger freeze. I have not been having these issues for some time, which leads me to believe that the guilty antecedent is match nerves.

Apparently my mental muscle has atrophied over the winter. Time to bulk it back up.

Mburg's match was pretty good today, although I have an issue with my "ballz out" approach to the half black targets. On two stages, I had hits in the dead center A zone of hardcover targets...but were an inch away from scoring hits. I need to work on that for sure. Furthermore, I had 2 more Ds in this club match than I did at the Indiana match that I shot yesterday, and MIKES! I had no penalties @ Indi.

Perhaps I am pushing it more at the club level...perhaps I am getting mentally lazy when I know that little is on the line (although I would refute that since I feel that club matches are my main livefire source of practice).

Anyway, here is the video from today. The verdict is still out on my placement at the Indi match.

th_04-11-10Mburg.jpg

OK-I'm caught up. Nice videos-what's the camera again? Also, have you timed the hammering of activators? I understand the concept and it does help alleviate the wait stress, but is it faster? Thanks. Oh-nice match win!

Thanks for the kind words Jade...and yes, I time activators from the moment they fall enough to activate whatever it is that they are activating. Shooting 135pf loads, some steel can be VERY slow to fall, so when I have nothing else to shoot while waiting for the activation, I will always try to hammer steel down.