Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Micah's Range Diary

Micah

Here's my video from today's match in Oxford...not exceptionally pleased with my performance, but at least the match construction was a blast...and my Open gun ran flawlessly...despite for the first time ever failing to correctly seat a bigstick(last stage) :blink:

th_11-1-09Ox.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a much better performance today...even shot Strong/Weak Prez clean with tons of A's. My camera is what is killing me now as it dropped 2.5 stages today during the match. Time to look for something new.

th_11-8-09Mburg.jpg

Big thanks to Chris for throwing an excellent match at Miamisburg.

• 3 months later...

FINALLY shot a match :) Everything felt pretty groovy considering I was knocking whatever dust dryfire failed to off my Open G17. I'll have a video up sometime tonight. In the mean time, kudos to pas44 for MDing a solid match and Chris for having the results posted to USPSA before we left.

I really...REALLY need to find a better headcam. My camera recorded very little of the match today, but here is what I salvaged...along with a stage from Steel1212's range a few months ago:

th_2-14-10MBRG.jpg

Takeaways from the match today:

-My Open gun runs like an mf champ in the freezing cold, as do my bigsticks

-Just because I am feeling relaxed does not mean that I can shirk the responsibility of mental walkthroughs

-After watching the film that Chris took of me, I need to spend less time on the weights and more time on the treadmill :wacko:

Come on down over the winter. We don't get no snow.

I just could not resist posting this. :roflol:

Actually, we did not get no snow. But it was mf cold. I don't care where you are from it was cold. H-ll, Ohio was cold in October. You guys are made of stouter stuff than me.smile.gif

I really enjoy it Thomas. Shooting Open has allowed me to change the way I perceive stages and the shooting as a whole. Dryfiring with the STS dot has done an excellent job pointing out all of the unneeded movement in various skills, as well as provide me a greater degree of feedback.

yes, I've found enough primers and powder to get me through another year maybe more. Area 5 might be out, seems it's filling up really fast. See you on the range somewhere.

Bah, we'll find a spot for you Thomas... get your vacation time and send me an email.

I can't get used to seeing PB with a dot on the gun... it just "feels" wrong somehow. lol

JT

Edited by JThompson

I can't get used to seeing PB with a dot on the gun... it just "feels" wrong somehow. lol

:roflol: But it feels so right!

Alligator smiles to self and wonders if he should drown them or just bite their legs off) :devil:B)

You know who the alligator is Thomas ..... by the way how many alligators have you ever seen with hair like that? :rolleyes:

unamused.jpg

• 3 weeks later...