Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Sizer/decapper Die On The Market?

Just curious what everyone thinks is the best all around sizer/decapper die on the market for use on the Dillon progressive presses, and why.

Edited by benos

JH,

Wow, thanks for reminding me. I had a list made out with Dillon on it and, when I went to type the post, just left them off somehow.

So, is there a way to add Dillon to the list of possibles in the poll? Can a mod do that for me? I'd appreciate it.

U die needs to be in your list as it is setting the standard.

The Dillion die is flaired to much at the bottom. While this speeds up press opperation it hurts feeding in your gun, where it matters.

All the other dies are just the same as normal dies.

The EGW U-Die is made by Lee. It is not modified in any way by EGW, it's made by Lee to EGW's specification. If you grind down a standard Lee die, you do not have a U-Die when you're done. The U-Die internal diameter is smaller than the standard die.

I use the Lee and really like the final dimensions of the cases after running them through. However, it does slow down the process a bit since the case has to be in perfect alignment with the die or it will just hit the edge and maybe, if you're not careful, get deformed (crushed).

When I was using the Dillon die, I had some decapping problems, especially with Speer and PMC brass. The Lee will decap ANYTHING.

In addition of the I.D. difference between the Lee and the EGW, are there any other diferences?

OK, so is there any way someone here can add both the Dillon and U die to my list on the poll?

You should be able to modify your first post (which the poll is attached to).