Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Indiana Section Championship - June 15 - 17

I had a great time, the stages were fun. I always love a run and gun match. The staff put up with alot of heat and I don't think I ever remember going to a match and having so many RO's thank the shooters for coming out to the match. Great job guys, I always enjoy the Indiana match.

Flyin40

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a very well organized match, the stages were fun and challenging. A big thank you for all that donated their time to make it happen.

If anybody finds my responsible 17 year olds wallet please contact me. We believe he lost it on the range, maybe where we parked which was in the middle about 10 car widths from the road. I figure if it was on a stage somebody would have found it by now. Its only the second time in the last month.

Chuck, I will be at the range on Sunday setting up for the monthly 3-Gun if you can give me a little better idea of where you parked I will look for the wallet. (i.e. middle of ranges , right end, left end, etc.). I think I remember you parked about 20 -30 yards from the drive and about 30 yards from the shooting bays, if that is close let me know and I will start the search on Sunday morning.

Yep we started on Stage 3 and parked in the middle (2nd row) in front of stage 3&4. He could have lost it up around the lunch tables also. Dont spend much time. A quick look is fine. There wasnt much in it since it was a fresh one. He can get a new license, in fact think he already did. The big problem is he had a credit card in it and I hate to cancel it again although I have already put a hold on it. If you guys dont find it this weekend I will just cancel it. I appreciate the help.

If anyone has any digital pictures of the match, I would appreciate it if you would email them to me. I took a few, had planned to take more, then the on-again-off-again rain came and I was too busy helping with bags to take any. One of our match directors is putting together an article for Front Sight and some additional pics would be helpful.

daviddvcball@yahoo.com

Darn, I knew I should have had my friend take pictures with my SLR that I had in my car... I was running a bit late so I rushed down to the bays without my cell phone and couldn't tell him to grab it. By the way, thanks for the great match! I had a lot of fun shooting with you guys, and I LOVE my shiny new center of mass car safe that I "won" for participating! I'd been thinking about buying one myself and *bam* I won one.

At the risk of exposing my mad B class skillz....... :surprise:

Actually, this was my (and Steel1212's) first big match. Loved the stages. Took me 5 stages to pull my head out of my rear end and actually shoot. Started on 4 and didn't get with the program until 9 (finished on 3).

Stages 1 through 6:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8857805836175859737

Stages 7 through 9:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=652231780253046655

Actually, this was my (and Steel1212's) first big match. Loved the stages. Took me 5 stages to pull my head out of my rear end and actually shoot. Started on 4 and didn't get with the program until 9 (finished on 3).

Stages 1 through 6:

Stages 7 through 9:

As long as its just your vids and not mine! :blink:

Thanks for the comments on the video, sorry I missed all the Sunday shooters, I was RO'ing stage 6.

Let me take this time to say that while I really enjoyed this match and it was great, I need your help,

I always get great credit for putting on a cool prize table, but really all I do is call and email and fax a bunch of companies asking for free stuff. Too make a point with these vendors' and companies I would ask that you take 5 minutes and send them a big thank you note about donating to the match. Everything on the prize table, the pre-drawn stuff and the performance awards were all donated, 100%!!!!!!

There was a question in this thread about how did you pull this match off, well first you start 6 months ago. Dave put together a great team that started thinking about and planning everything out in Jan.

I started sending out request the week before SHOT show and following up with emails, faxes and phone calls after that.

So read this, then take a few minutes to send thanks you's. These companies get 100's of request a month for free stuff. In an industry that struggles and tight budgets we need to let them know how much we care with our $$$ and thanks.

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

Stages 1 through 6:

Stages 7 through 9:

Interesting strategy on stage 9... I saw someone skip the door, but not the reverse as you did.

Thanks for the comments. I had the benefit of watching Cheely run stage 9 before I did. He shot everything through the end ports. I didn't think I could hit the plates as fast while leaned way over so I decided to use the door. With my points, I was 2.4 seconds off of the lead pace. I'll take it! I'm sorry to my other squad mates, after that run I couldn't shut up, I was so jazzed from that point on.

Edited by want2race

• 5 months later...