Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Indiana Section Championship - June 15 - 17

I decided that the information below was important enough to start a new topic.

The host club (Wabash Valley Practical Pistol Shooters) for the 2007 Indiana Section Championship was notified last week that the land surrounding and partially encompassing our shooting range will be placed on the market for sale. This creates a great deal of uncertainty as to the status of our range for our match in June. Therefore, the match will be moved to the Atlanta Conservation Club in Atlanta, Indiana, site of both the 2004 and 2005 section championships. We are grateful to our friends at ACC for their willingness to accomodate the match. For further information regarding this unpleasant situation, go to our website.

Besides the change of location, the move will cause two other changes. First, in order to be in compliance with ACC's agreement with neighboring homes, a slight adjustment in squad times has been made. Second, we will be able to add an additional stage! The original eight stages have been approved by NROI. We will submit the additional stage in the next day or two and will publish the match stages shortly thereafter.

All competitors who have submitted applications for the match will have the opportunity to withdraw from the match and receive a full refund if the change of location adversely affects their ability to attend the match. Since the new location is just two hours from the original location, we hope this will not be the case.

The change has caused the organizational team to retrace our steps in planning the match. We are working on identifying a new match hotel in the Atlanta area. We will post notification here when that process is complete.

Updated information can be found at our match website: 2007 Indiana Section Championship

Edited by davidball

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It puts it a bit closer to Ohio as well. I might be able to do this match now. ;)

Kick ass seabass!

I'm glad to hear that there's an additional stage, but am very sorry to hear that yet another range is being screwed with :angry:

Wanted to update the sponsor information. So far here are the confirmed companies that are donating to the match:

Hi Viz Sights

Stream Light

Detonics USA

Alessi Leather

DeSantis

Zero Ammunition

Blackwater USA

Redding Reloading

Electronic Shooters Protection

Para Ord

Caylor Custom Guns

EGW

Starlight Cases

Gunsite

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

I just sent my application last week. I'll still make the trip but I don't know how many you'll get now from west Kentucky. Kinda stinks, we had about 10 or so probably coming.

Chris C.

I hate it that our forced change of venue might cause anyone to have to change their mind about attending.

Keep in mind that the Saturday afternoon session will not start until 2:00pm (finishing by 6:00) giving you plenty of time to get to the match from western Kentucky. The trip home might be kinda late but it will go quickly as you re-live the outstanding match you shot and debate with your travel mates whether or not you made the right choice on "Hoosier Hysteria" or choose the right sequence to get to the swinger on "Its Good".

:):(:)

I just sent my application last week. I'll still make the trip but I don't know how many you'll get now from west Kentucky. Kinda stinks, we had about 10 or so probably coming.

Chris C.

I make the trip to ORPCI for the multi-gun matches all the time from Indy. 4.5 hours.

Leave at 6 AM (your time), get to Indy at ~11 AM (our time), eat lunch, be at the range by 1 PM, shoot from 2-6 PM, head home - you're there by midnight (your time!!! Long day? Yeah, but definitely within reason, especially if you can trade drivers.

This is only one of three or four major matches I plan to attend this year. The change in venue hasn't changed my mind. I'm looking forward to shooting in Indiana. Good luck with the land. Hope everything works out.

• 2 weeks later...

OK. Hotel info for the new venue. All are about 30 minutes from the range. Match hotel is the Quality Inn. Use the code "Indiana Section" to reserve a room at the match hotel. Our website ( http://www.wvpps.com/DefaultStateMatch.htm ) has also been updated.

$50+tax single (king size bed)

$55+tax double

Quality Inn & Suites

1709 E. Lincoln Road

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 459-8001

Jacuzzi rooms, executive king rooms, doubles, Atlantis Lounge, indoor heated pool, hot tub, free HBO, Continental breakfast everyday, non-smoking rooms, handicap rooms, exercise room, free parking.

Best Western/Signature Inn

4021 LaFountain Street

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 455-1000

Indoor pool with spa and fitness area, sun deck, free breakfast express, includes fruit, cereal, juice, pastries and make your own waffles and biscuits and gravy, king spa room, interview centers, free newspaper, free local calls and local fax, computer modem hookup for guest rooms, discounts to local restaurants.

Comfort Inn

522 Essex Drive (U.S. 31)

Kokomo, IN 46901

(765) 452-5050

Indoor pool and spa, continental breakfast, game room, HBO, ESPN, suites with refrigerator and microwave.

Courtyard by Marriott

411 Kentucky Drive

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-0800

Courtyard makes it easier to be on the road offering services you want with sixty years of Marriott expertise to perfect them.

We offer: A friendly and efficient Staff, Indoor heated pool, Hot tub, In-house Fitness Center and Free access to a local 24 hour Gym. Rooms include a King size bed with a pullout sofa bed or two double beds. We also have large suites and Jacuzzi spa rooms. Each room has Complementary High Speed Internet Access, a large work desk, phones with 2-lines and a data port. Our Courtyard Cafe Restaurant serves a mouth-watering breakfast buffet daily. Evening beverages and snacks are complementary Monday thru Thursday at our guest reception.

Days Inn & Suites

264 S. 00 E.W. (U.S. 31 South)

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-7100

The Days Inn & Suites features apartment style efficiency suites with free high speed internet (DSL) and business king rooms which include a microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker, executive (desk, chair and lamp), iron and ironing board and a snack pack. For your entertainment, we also have an outdoor pool, fitness room, 25" TVs, HBO, Showtime and a restaurant on premises. For a preview of our hotel you can visit our website.

Fairfield Inn

1717 E. Lincoln Rd.

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-8822

Indoor pool and spa, continental breakfast, meeting room, suite with king sized bed, sofa, refrigerator, microwave, hospital rates, funeral rates and group rates are available.

Hampton Inn & Suites

2920 S. Reed Rd. (US 31)

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 455-2900

Traditional guest rooms with one king or two full size beds. We also offer one or two bedroom suites with fully eqipped kitchens, two TV's, one VCR and two line phones. We have an indoor heated pool, whirlpool and exercise room, free hot breakfast, free local calls, satellite TV with HBO, a guest laundry facility and 24-hour convenience shop. All rooms have coffee makers, irons with ironing boards and free high-speed internet access. Complimentary manager's reception every Wednesday evening from 5:30-7:00pm that includes a light dinner, beer, wine and soft drinks.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites

511 Albany Dr.

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 453-2222

Presidental Suites, Jaccuzzi, Doubles, and King rooms. Each room includes a microwave and refrigerator, hairdryer, coffee maker, iron & ironing board, 2-line phones with data port, color TV with cable, and FREE HIGH SPEED INTERNET. Free Smart Start breakfast from 6-9:30am. Indoor heated pool, exercise room, guest laundry, free local phone calls, fax and copy services available. 24 hour front desk, ice machines, safety deposit boxes, and Express Check-In/Check-out. Complimentary Manager's Reception Monday thru Thursday from 5:30-7:30pm, includes appetizers, beer and wine. Group rates available.

Super 8 Motel

5110 Clinton Dr.

Kokomo, IN 46902

(765) 455-3288

Indoor heated pool, continental breakfast, suites, whirlpool room, queen beds in double rooms, king rooms available with recliners, cable plus HBO, data ports available in all rooms, fax and copy services available, AAA and Senior discounts, free crib if needed, children under 17 stay free, pets accepted.

Edited by davidball

For those of you who wish to combine your shooting with camping:

The White River Campground is at 11299 East 234th St., Cicero, IN. It is about 6 miles from the range. The phone # is 1-317-984-2705. Their web address is http://www.co.hamilton.in.us/parks_details.asp?id=2933. I'm told by those who have camped there that this is a quality campground right on the White River and the fishing is good.

• 4 weeks later...

The match is currently about 2/3 full. The Saturday afternoon session is the most popular so if you want to shoot our match in that session I recommend you get your application to us in the next couple of weeks. The Sunday morning session has the most openings.

I have not activated the USPSA self-squadding yet as I have been able to accomodate all squadding requests, no problema. This also gives me the flexibility to adjust squad sizes should a particular session become more popular than others (especially the Sat am versus the Sat pm sessions).

Feel free to call or email if you have any questions.

Indiana Section Website

Edited by davidball

I have entered all registered competitors into the USPSA self squadding system. At this point I have not unlocked the self-squadding so that registered competitors can move themselves around. This is my first foray into using the system and I just want to make sure I have done everything correctly. You can, however, view the squad assignments. I intend to unlock the registration this weekend. In the meantime, if you desire a change or I need to correct something, PM or email me.