Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Mags For Ss

hello, i want to fist say that i have gotten a lot of good intel off this sight. with that in mind i was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what the best single stack mags are, and where i can purchase them. I just purchased a Taraus 1911 and was thinking about shooting ss in a few matches this year. any gear info would be great! Thanks

GTG,

Welcome to the forum :D ! I also vote for the Wilson mags! If you want some more information on Single Stack, click Search at the top-right of the Forum page and enter the string single stack in the Search by Kewords field and hit enter. You will find something like 7 pages of good stuff to read.

Later,

Chuck

I may be wrong but it's my understanding that 47DE's aren't legal due to the extended base pad. The 47D's are legal though.

Personally I love Wilson mags but Chip McCormick's run and reload in my Kimber much better.

I may be wrong but it's my understanding that 47DE's aren't legal due to the extended base pad. The 47D's are legal though.

Personally I love Wilson mags but Chip McCormick's run and reload in my Kimber much better.

I spoke to Gary Stevens about this, he contends his 47DE's fit the box in his gun. In a worst case situation, a small amount might need to be buffed off.

It's not that the mags are "illegal" but that on some guns (perhaps with tall or unmelted rear sights) they prevent the gun - with mag inserted - from fitting in the approved USPSA gun box. :)

You will find there are several exellent ss magazine manufacturers out there. However, if you were to create a poll, I think you would find a majority would opt for the Wilson design. They are rather easy to break down during a match (if dirt get's in 'em), along with the ability to change magazine springs etc..

I have Wilson 47D's and they run perfect in my Springfield TRP Pro.

Brian's website (as mentioned above) or Brownells is a good place to look for them.

Hello: The Wilson will work in any 45 that I have seen. The Tripps work in some and the McCormick work better than the Tripps. In order now 1st Wilson,2nd McCormick and last Tripp. I would try different ones to see which ones you like the best. Hope this helps. Thanks Eric

The Wilson mags with the large base pad will not fit into the box with my Kimber CST. The rear sight is about 4 clicks up from the bottom. They need about 1/16" taken off the front to fit. I like the longer pads as on occasion the regular pads will pinch the heck out of my palm when I seat them.

I also use the Wilson 47DE's (8 rounds) for Single Stack and the CM Power Mags (10 rounders) for Limited 10. Both have functioned flawlessly. The CM Power Mags are by far the best buy for the dollar (haven't tried their 8 rounders) from MidwayUSA.

Thanks for all the info, i think i will pick up an wilson and cmc. i am on a bit of a budget as i am a production shooter, and just wanted something to play with at local club matches. I found mcm for 14.95 at ajax so i will order one or two of those this week. your responce has been great! thank you again for all the intel!