Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pssd Classification Change?

OPENB

I tried to find a thread I thought I read recently that said our PSSD classification is no longer the highest class on file, but our L10 class, if you have one. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If not, can anyone advise what the PSSD class should be. I just checked mine, and am still classed A due to my Ltd. class being A, and not my L10 class of B. Going to the SSC in April, and would be happy to shoot in B if I can.

I tried to find a thread I thought I read recently that said our PSSD classification is no longer the highest class on file, but our L10 class, if you have one. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If not, can anyone advise what the PSSD class should be. I just checked mine, and am still classed A due to my Ltd. class being A, and not my L10 class of B. Going to the SSC in April, and would be happy to shoot in B if I can.

It is based on your highest class in any of the "iron sighted" divisions (NOT OPEN). HOWEVER, if you only have an open classification, then it will be based on that.

Hope this helps,

Jeff ;)

Edited by Barrettone

While Jeff has swerved into the correct answer (almost) he didn't get an A+.

The correct answer is that it is your highest classification on record other than "Open" unless "Open" is your only classification on record.

It doesn't have anything to do with what type sights you use. He forgets many of us "seasoned citizens" got their classificaiton in "Open" with iron sights.

And no it wasn't with a flintlock :lol:

Gary

Edited by Gary Stevens

OpenB,

It seems like we all avoided answering your question directly. <_< You are going to the SSC as an A shooter. :unsure:

You can review the latest rules here:

http://www.uspsa.org/rules/1911_Single_Sta...2006_Update.pdf

Now, you aren't using a DOH holster or the the dreaded Wilson 47BEN basepads, are you?

Have a good match,

Chuck

PS: Good luck on the weather!

Thanks for the help, everyone. How close is equipment going to be scrutinized this year does anyone know? Will the box and scale be used for size and weight? I'm not griping, just want to have a good time without POing any staff. I'm sure I'll make weight (this is sounding like a wrestling match), but not sure on box size. As for weather, Lord, I'm sick of shooting in the rain in Ill. It's either gorgeous, or Noah's second coming. Either way, two nights at the Patio is worth the risk. I got the pork chops last year, but my buddy let me try his prime rib, and it had to be the best I ever tasted.

Thanks for the help, everyone. How close is equipment going to be scrutinized this year does anyone know? Will the box and scale be used for size and weight? I'm not griping, just want to have a good time without POing any staff. I'm sure I'll make weight (this is sounding like a wrestling match), but not sure on box size. As for weather, Lord, I'm sick of shooting in the rain in Ill. It's either gorgeous, or Noah's second coming. Either way, two nights at the Patio is worth the risk. I got the pork chops last year, but my buddy let me try his prime rib, and it had to be the best I ever tasted.

OpenB,

It's the NATs! Build a box and check it! Where in Ill are you?

The box was enlarged specifically to allow the "dreaded" 47BEN base pads.

I guess I don't understand the comment.

Gary,

Simple: This Gun with These Pads

did not fit in the IDPA box (6" tall). For IDPA, I went to the smaller basepads.

For the WSSSC I ground down the big ones to fit the box.

Later,

Chuck

Chuck

I bet if you would have removed those bumpy things on top of the gun it would have fit the box. :D:D:D

Alan

Chuck,

I'm in Ohio, but I've been to the SSC 5 times now and it has rained on me 3 of them, including last years bone chilling drizzle. The other 2 times were overcast, perfect for seeing the sights without glare. I got the dimensions and will try to make a box this week. Last years SSC was pretty laid back on equipment with the exception of checking make, model, and ser. # every stage. I saw Gary's shave job on his mag pads, and it does not look too hard with a belt sander. Even shaved, it would be better than the shorter base pads in my S&A mag well.

Gary,

By your last post, am I to understand that I don't have to shave the pads now, or that MOST guns will fit with the 47BEN pads?

I think I have 6 shaved pads you are welcome to if I can find them. I may have thrown them away.

It all depends on your particular gun I guess. Mine is a standard melted Bo-Mar and the 47BEN pads fit in the box just fine. I looked at Chuck's gun and it appears to be the same as mine for all practical purposes but his didn't fit.

The combination of how your rear sight is fitted, how tall it is, and the base pad thickness is the formula for it fitting or not. I would think most common melted Bo-Mar or similar rear sight should make the total package fit. But as the saying goes, your mileage may vary.

Gary

The digital camera is acting up a bit but here are some pics. The first one is a close-up of the sight. I am not sure how much lower it could go. There is about 0.1" clearance between the bottom of the blade and the hammer when the hammer is directly below the blade. The second shot shows a mag with the ground down base pad. The third shows it seated. Sorry about that one. The camera got real weird in terms of exposure. Dead batteries, I guess.

In any case, this setup fits the IPSC box with a little room to spare (so the IDPA/PSDD Box is a slam dunk) and there is still plenty of pad left below the S&A mag well. I also tried it with the SV magwell and that works fine also!

Later,

Chuck

The Sight: post-400-1173065697.jpg

Mag: post-400-1173065761.jpg

More Mag:post-400-1173065789.jpg

Chuck,

I'm in Ohio, but I've been to the SSC 5 times now and it has rained on me 3 of them, including last years bone chilling drizzle. The other 2 times were overcast, perfect for seeing the sights without glare.

---snip ---

My friend Tom traveled out from Ill for the WSSSC in January. His comment when the rain really started coming down on the last day/stage was that the weather was a lot like SSC weather but it was a bit too WARM :blink: .