Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Truck

ParaJoe

I finally got tired of trucks running me off the road, taking up two lanes, crappy parking jobs, and the general inattention of the drivers and their behaviors in my area, so I decided to join them. I got me a new 2006 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4. I'm lovin it. Motor sounds mean. I was driving an 06 Scion Tc, not the square one, so being up so high is a nice change. So far I have averaged about 13mpg mixed driving. Anyways, threads are worthless without pics.....

DSCF1538.jpg

DSCF1537.jpg

DSCF1536.jpg

Joe

That looks like a nice ride Joe!! I am personnally waiting to see what Toyota does with the diesel in the Tundra in '08.

I am sticking it out with my old beater, I have a 99 Dodge 2500 4x4 extra-cab diesel that makes about 500 HP and 1000 ft/lbs flywheel rated like all the new trucks are. I have 200K miles on it now, and will run it another 100K more before retiring the truck. It is easy to get along with, gets 17.5 in town and 18.5+ at 80 MPH on the freeway. It helps that my 'farmer truck' will outrun a lot of sports cars on the road today.......

That looks like a nice ride Joe!! I am personnally waiting to see what Toyota does with the diesel in the Tundra in '08.

I am sticking it out with my old beater, I have a 99 Dodge 2500 4x4 extra-cab diesel that makes about 500 HP and 1000 ft/lbs flywheel rated like all the new trucks are. I have 200K miles on it now, and will run it another 100K more before retiring the truck. It is easy to get along with, gets 17.5 in town and 18.5+ at 80 MPH on the freeway. It helps that my 'farmer truck' will outrun a lot of sports cars on the road today.......

This truck scoots man!! I didn't really expect it too being as it tips the scales just above 5,000lbs, but it really does. I can watch the gas gauge drop as I hold the pedal down but it's fun doing it.

Joe

<_< I looked at new trucks, <_< and decided I liked my 1999 F250 7.3 Power Stroke too much to let it go. So I fixed the glass and new leather seats. :) Its good for 8 more years. Benny Hill got the rest of the cash I was going to spend

the truck gets over 20MPG if I keep my foot light. Not to shurr about the rounds per week the new gun will get?

B)

Oh Your truck looks great Para Joe

Edited by AlamoShooter

LOL, thanks Eric, you made my minute with that one. I waited to find my truck to get one from Mexico, the paint is head and shoulders above the same trucks made in St Louis. The car with the most American content several years running? Toyota Camry. Hyundai is posed to take that title soon, that is if Honda doesn't........

I work in the manufacturing industry, tiers one through whatever. I know a good bit about who makes what and where it goes. I get a real kick out of guys that blow hard about buying American too, especially when I see that nearly ever single part of the supposed American icon, Harley Davidson motorcycles, is made on foriegn machinery. About 90% Japanese and the balance German for those that care. The sticker/emblem/brand means little anymore.....

I think The Gallery content has been UN-categorized thus far. Pretty much random images of our random whatevers (except for our reloading setups--which reside in the Mother of All Threads, the show-us-your-workplace thread). Start one on trucks if you wish. :)

Great, now you get to hear crap about your "Jap import" from DaimlerChrysler Dodge RAM owners whose trucks are made in Mexico.

BTW, Titans are made in Mississippi.

But the profits get turned into Yen back in Japan now don't they........

Edited by Mad Kaw

Great, now you get to hear crap about your "Jap import" from DaimlerChrysler Dodge RAM owners whose trucks are made in Mexico.

BTW, Titans are made in Mississippi.

I'll bite: Sure in a hypothetical world, it would be terrific if the corporate profits from all economic activity in the U.S. stayed in this country --- but since it's the real world, I'm grateful for the economic ripple effect of a factory in MS......

Could things be better? Sure, but they could also be worse.....

I'll bite: Sure in a hypothetical world, it would be terrific if the corporate profits from all economic activity in the U.S. stayed in this country --- but since it's the real world, I'm grateful for the economic ripple effect of a factory in MS......

Plus .. It is not like any of these companies are privately owned. Nissan, Toyota, etc are owned by stockholders and thats something most of us are. Your 401k, union retirement plan, life insurance, etc are all made up of countless funds, which are made of countless stocks, some of them international, some of them Toyota and Nissan. And, on the other side, GM and Chrysler and Ford are partial owned by some working stiffs in North Korea, or France, or China. The world is not as simple as it used to be neither is the path that profits take.