Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Airsoft Alternative

Bill Nesbitt

D-Man,

Thanks for all the help.

This morning, here is what I did. Emptied gas from both mags. One was already empty and the other had very little in it. I loaded green gas in both mags with three 2 second bursts each. Then I loaded 30 BBs in each mag. Then I waited a couple of minutes and shot the gun. I fired a shot every second or two. After about 20 BBs I could feel and hear that there was less power. Both mags fired all 30 BBS but didn't lock the slide back. The gun doubled twice but that might be trigger bounce on my part. The trigger is very light. This is a HiCappa 5.1 from Airsplat.

I'm probably just shoot the gun the way it is. I only use it for indoor plinking.

Thanks again.

Bill

edit to add: I just loaded 10 BBs in each mag to see what would happen after the mags cooled off. The gun would only shoot 5 or 6 BBs before it ran out of gas. And now the hammer won't stay cocked again. I'm not paying to ship this thing back again. :angry2:

Edited by Bill Nesbitt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The WE hi-capa is really a nice GBB pistol. A couple of things that can be done one is short stroke the blow back by putting a piece of tubing over the guide rod. All you need is enought slide movement to re-engage the hammer. Another tip pull the main spring and put in a BB then re-install the main spring. This will keep from going auto. A lighter slide spring helps also. The valves in the mags can be replaced to up the FPS. Check out www.nwiactionsportssupply.com any questions email him and get the answers.

• 2 weeks later...

got a WE for b-day and immediately mounted a docter clone to it on a delrin mount from dayz gone by. having alot of fun in the garage. went to a pizza joint last weekend that was selling bud in these aluminum bottles. decided to drink 5 of them so i could take those bottles home. the result-pin shooting! and those pellets do knock over the bottles! not as fun as second chance, but it is cool. mr sweeney...you gotta get one now.

I have a blast with mine. I have one mag that keeps bleeding off when you charge it. So for now until I figure it out I'm down to one. Two mags work out good when you can be shooting one and warming the other one up when it's cold in the garage. All in all nice winter time tool.

Chris C.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been thinking about picking up a couple of airsoft pistols to teach the wife and maybe run some shtf stituations in the house without putting holes in the wall

Get one- they offer some nice options, two of which you just mentioned. And they don't break the bank! ;)

My airsoft is literally dead in the water. Not getting gas. Taked it apart and cleaned everything. Looked at all the springs and seals, everything looks good. Was running like a truck one mag and dead the next. It will shoot a couple and cycle fine then it only goes to half cock. I wonder if something is wrong with the piston. Depression is starting to sink in......

Chris C.

Some general comments:

I've had good luck with the KWA GBB (Gas Blow-Back) guns sticking with the Glocks (G17, G23FA, G26FA). Silicon is your friend and you'll find that you need to apply it (similar to break-free with real steel).

I had some bad luck with the GBB mag' hitting concrete floor...either some sort of mattress arrangement for slide-lock reloads or stick to a type of retention reload...the mag's are about double the cost of the real thing for KWA compatibles.

UTG makes a decent cheap Spring Shotgun (mag' feed, but you get to pump and shoot without need for any gas).

I like the ECHO1 Marui clones as an affordable AEG but handle with kid gloves...not 100% rugged, but gets the job done.

The plastic reset targets seem to be sensitive inside 4 yards or above 300 FPS (I've broken several). I've made some mesh BB-Traps and printed 8.5x11 targets which work well. The Sticky Targets aren't too bad either but have had some mixed results.

pyramidair.com has had the best Green Gas prices (I've gotten for $7.90 per bottle and it's free shipping for an order over $150).

I've used AirsoftAtlanta.com for the guns (used to use Depot53.com but they have or soon will be off-line for on-line business).

Overall, it's a great way to get some trigger time when the berms freeze. In general I've found with the KWA's that they are slightly larger then real steel and I have to make some minor adjustments to the Holster.

I really enjoy indoor SG/Carbine practice with the BB's (as mentioned in another post, FA Airsoft Carbine is about as much fun as you can have without the Tax Stamp :D ).

For those that combine Competition with a bit of "Martial Artist" in your shooting...the ability to do some 360 work can be an interesting change of pace from the 180 range...similarly with low light opportunities pretty much at your discretion.

Finally, I've used my video camera, some mid-level video editing software and a decent player to do some super slo-mo analysis which has given me a perspective on my shooting I never had before.

Safe shooting,

CZ52'

p.s. One advantage for the novice or emerging shooter...most have a bit of flinch in their technique...airsoft helps take that out of the equation with enough practice. Going back to slinging real lead into cardboard requires an adjustment, but I'm typically re-calibrated after two or three strings at most.

• 4 months later...

Old thread and decided to post it here. I thought that the airsoft training was getting kinda stale so I came up with some new ideas. Everything pictured was free. One gallon paint can lids on a target stick and the stop plate is the same aluminum that I made the pepper poppers with. I found the aluminum in the scrap metal bin at work. That thing sings like a church bell when hit.

post-10237-1215991662.jpg

Thanks Corey for the suggestion to spread things out a bit. :cheers: It really shows how bad I suck at transitions.

Chris C.

• 1 month later...

Those Airsoft guns are pretty cool. I used to have a M9 copy of one that I would mess around with during my paintball days. You can get the green gas guns at a lot of places. I have an Army/Navy Outdoors near me that carries those. They even have electronic rifles in different makes that you can get too. that sounds like a good alternative since .223 is like what? $20 a box?

I'm seriously thinking about getting another Airsoft Pistol and setting up a mock IPSC course in my back yard lol

My main Airsoft gun is a WE High Capa 5.1. After letting it sit for months, I got it out and found that several of the mags leak gas once they're charged. Can I cure this with silicone, or do I have to take the mags apart and replace the gaskets?

• 5 years later...

Hi, my name is John Kennedy also by this form as falcor. I have posted my attempt at making air soft targets both successful and otherwise in an attempt to instigate some interest in Airsoft IPS C type competition.

I am pleased to say that I discovered a match in Tempe which I attended last Saturday at CAASES/shoot right education and training center.

They have a nice facility with professionally set up targets and a trained RO.

I can definitely recommend facility and you will most likely find me there blazing away. There have been discussions about setting up an Airsoft three gun match.

I hope you will forgive my endorsement of this business but I certainly would like to endorse any open Airsoft competition. Hope I will see you there.

Falcor a.k.a. John Kennedy

PPPS@COX.NET

post-25593-0-56133900-1403471916_thumb.j

post-25593-0-58393200-1403471954_thumb.j