• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Long undies?

Floridians are so spoiled.

This may not be a repeat of last year's near perfect weather, but it's a big improvement on what's outside my window right now (25 degrees and snowing).

56 degrees sounds down right balmy.

I'll take it.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Mittens, hell! I'm bringing a parka!

Believe there will be some shooters from Iowa and Minnesota there - ask them what shooing in real cold is like.

You'll know who they are...with that weather they will be wearing shorts and t-shirts.

Weatherman says it might get above freezing this weekend...it also said -15 on my way to work this morning.

Sherwyn

Only 35 days till spring

Reposting this announcement from the old thread...

Attention Northern Shooters, a message from the match management:

Due to the snow storms up North, and the resulting flight delays, we will do everything possible to help the shooters complete the match. If you are currently registered to shoot Friday but cannot get here until Friday, you will be allowed to shoot on Sat/Sun, so come on down. Even though it will be colder than expected, we promise there will be no SNOW to stand in.

I had a VERY bad thought a while ago!!!

Related to my load problems!!!

The cold weather is gonna make the Chrono, possibly the toughest stage of all. There will be casualties!!! I hope I am not on that list!!!

I am not Messing with my ammo tho, it is loaded, boxed and set to go.

The cold weather is gonna make the Chrono, possibly the toughest stage of all. There will be casualties!!! I hope I am not on that list!!!

I loaded up about 500 rounds with the press set just they way it has been for over a year. It chronoed at 175. Roy the chrono man is going to love me ... AGAIN! He cringes every time our squad walks up to the chrono (with three 9x25's in the group).

This is funny.

It is +1 F. here...with this:

Level 2 Snow Emergency

Roadways are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow. Only those who believe it is necessary to drive should be out on the roadways. Contact your employer to see if you should report to work.

This is funny.

It won't be funny if my 169.05 PF does not pass the Chrono Stage :unsure:

Luckily it was cold the day i was Chrono'ing, so I have a chance to pass. Normally it would be about 80 degrees here, but that day it was cold. DP said 60, but I think it was more like mid-50's.

I have a plan anyway!! ;)

Which part??

That the guys who normally wear shorts in the winter are bitching about having to wear long pants, three shirts, gloves, and a dunce cap?

That the guys who've only chrono'ed in fair weather might not make Major?

That Florida is actually that f'ing cold??

That I came over here from friggin' frozen central Texas to shoot in what was supposed to be warm-ish weather, but isn't?

:lol:

At least I can bet that my loads will make Major... and then some... :D

OK, being I don't want ANYONE to go minor due to the cold weather, here is my plan.

1) put the ammo on the front seat floor while driving to the range, trust me, the heater will be on!!!

2) put the chrono rounds in your pocket, the body heat will keep them warm.

3) Flex also had a good suggestion, and I will have those warmers in my oversized mittens!!

OK, being I don't want ANYONE to go minor due to the cold weather, here is my plan.

1) put the ammo on the front seat floor while driving to the range, trust me, the heater will be on!!!

2) put the chrono rounds in your pocket, the body heat will keep them warm.

3) Flex also had a good suggestion, and I will have those warmers in my oversized mittens!!

Z-,

Don't bother with any of that. The will usually draw your ammo when you arrive at a particular random stage. The ammo will then be kept outdoors (on dry ice) until it is your turn at the chrono (several hours later). Anything that you do on the way to the range would be meaningless by the time it's your turn to chrono.

About the only things that can influence your chances at the chrono are: fine Cuban cigars (don't even think of bringing a fake) or quality gun parts, that can conveniently be purchased at the vendors tent (a list of what is needed can be found at the chrono station). Otherwise, take your lumps and shoot plenty of A's and being minor won't matter.

Good luck guys

Edited by L9X25

I just came in from shooting a few groups with a Glock-17 I just picked up , -2 , 6'' of snow on the ground with a mixture of ice , here in balmy SE-Ohio ,so quit moaning and get to shootin !!

Good Luck to everyone in Fla.

Dale