Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 Revolver For Sale

Tom Mainus

Didn't realize they were that rare...I've just been shooting the crap out of mine for 3 years. Too bad you missed that one, Eric. They're sweet shooters

I've only had one gun that I never shot - sold it and bought a shooter.

Jerry

The .40 S&W 646's are a HOOT! A former co-worker of mine, "mikey357" here, has two. One he bought new last year and has fired a little bit...it has a decent action, considering it is still "Out of the Box", until it gets a "Massage".

The second one he purchased used from a poster over on the S&W Forum, for a little bit more than the one he bought "NIB" last year! I guess they ARE somewhat scarce, after all! Paulie686

Edited by paulie686

Paul is right, I DO have TWO 646's...the "Newer" of the two--the used gun--"Set me Back" MORE than the new one I bought last year...I bought it primarily because it had an "Action Job" by Dave Clements AND it came with about three DOZEN "Moonclips"!!!

I just picked it up from my friendly, local FFL holder a coupla' days ago, and have not had a chance to fire it yet...how's Saturday, at either Autrey's or Ga. Range and Gun sound, Paul???...let me know....mikey357

Hello: No wonder I'm having a tuff time finding one, you guys all own more than one ;-). I am still looking for a 646 or the 610 4" models. I like the looks of the 646 though but like the larger size of the 610. It is just like my 1911's you can't just have one. Thanks Eric

I have one of these neat little guns too. The only time I've shot it in the past couple years was at our big Iowa Back-to-Back SS/Revo match last fall. The gun worked just fine, although I re-discovered that XTP bullets do not make for speedy reloads!

Hey, Cliff, how bad do ya' want one??? I'll trade you the NEWER and less-used one I've got for that ol', worn-out 627 you shot at the Georgia State Steel Match in January...sound like a "Deal" to you???...Let me know....mikey357

Hello: I see a trend here on the favorite revolvers. The two I'm looking for the 610 and 646 are loved by all that have them. I have a friend here with a 610 he bought new and he loves it. I asked if he wanted to sell it and he looked at me like I was going to steal his dog. So I keep looking. I think I will try to find the 646 first since it will do what I want for local ICORE and paper shooting. Thanks Eric

Whats the going price on a LNIB 4" 610? I have the one I picked up at the IRC a few years back, I only shot 1 moom clip full and then put it away.

No one's answered yet so I'll give it a go.

GA has a 4 inch 610 for $899 right now, GB has one for $849

I've seen 'em as low as $700 and sell on GB for as much as $900

Good luck with the sale.

Hello: I am joining you guys in the revolver class now. I bought a 646. I have to send the money off but I just could not wait any more and trying to find one is very hard. It seems those that like the 610 or 646 have to have more than one. I would think S&W would make some more with all the interest I have seen. Now what else do I need for IDPA or ICORE? It comes with a holster and some other stuff as well. Let me know and thanks for all your help. Thansk Eric

Eric,

The very first thing I would get for a 646 is some Hearthco moonclips!!!!!

The clips provided by S&W are so sloppy and wobbly it is not funny. I have a few S&W factory clips that my brass actually will fall out of. :angry:

You may want to try the plastic moons (TK ???) but I personally would go the Hearthco way.

Then load some up and go play for now. Later you may want to go with a different rear sight, I have a millet on mine.

Grips are quite personal, I use a Miculek as I also have that grip on all my USPSA Wheel guns and so nothing changes. I know some that like the pacmyer factory grip, some like to take the finger groves off but keep the pacmyer.........You see where I'm going with that.

Have fun, I hope you like the little gun as much as I like mine.

Hopalong

Eric, Ranch makes good moonclips for the 646, as well. Personally, I'd go with the Miculek grip. The rubber grips can get in the way of the moonclip. Otherwise, just shoot and enjoy.

Jerry

Ranch moonclips , Hogue rubber grips, Fiberoptic front sight, unscrew the mainspring screw and Federal primers, bob the hammer,something around 200 grain RN, Speedsec5 holster, California FMC holder (6) : that works for me, Major Revo division IPSC.

I am in love with 646! I had to buy a spare one!

Hello: I am joining you guys in the revolver class now. I bought a 646. I have to send the money off but I just could not wait any more and trying to find one is very hard. It seems those that like the 610 or 646 have to have more than one. I would think S&W would make some more with all the interest I have seen. Now what else do I need for IDPA or ICORE? It comes with a holster and some other stuff as well. Let me know and thanks for all your help. Thansk Eric

We all do ACR, we all do :wacko:

Hey, Cliff, have you got a FIVE-inch 610 with the firing pin on the hammer--where God, Horace an' D.B. MEANT for it to be??? If so, "PM" or e-mail me... :) ....mikey357

Sorry, I have 2 6.5'' 610's and 1 4''