Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

False Advertising?

mminmm

I just visited the uspsa nationals website http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/ and the first line says "The USPSA Championship Matches are the premiere practical shooting events in the world". Don't they mean "in the USA"? Did the person who wrote that fluff ever hear of the world shoot?

:lol:

Well, as far as I'm concerned they are premiere B) Competitors from all over the world come over to shoot our "little side match" ;)

For this year, non WS year, it is at least an arguable point.

Besides Truth in Advertising is a subjective thing. As long as they didn't say "The Only" or some other deifinitive false point.

To the 350+ in each match it may well be.

Sounds like nit picking a little to me; what are they supposed to say "US Nationals, almost as good as the rest of the world"? Yes, there are other shoots in the world that are equal to or larger than the US Nationals (as Luca points out) but it's subjective advertising. Since there's no way to quantify scientifically what the "best" match in the world is everything is opinion. The USPSA, Euro Championship, World Shoot, etc. all can say basically whatever they want and lay claim to being the best events in the world (they would all be right if they did in someones opinion).

As a USPSA member I'm more concerned with the pending rules changes for 2008 than I am how the USPSA describes our Nationals in relation to matches are the world. All the matches are worth the price of admission and they all get their participation ribbons for putting on excellent matches. ;)

"US Nationals, almost as good as the rest of the world"?

LMFAO!!! :lol:

Just to be clear I thought last years Lim/L10/Rev Nationals was a great match and well run. And as a new shooter I am not one to judge... But the above statement is just frelling funny so I had to post!

Ira

I would humbly point out that this year the European Handgun Championship (scheduled in mid september in France) will accomodate 900 shooters in the main match (plus maybe some other 250 in the pre-match) on a 24 stages competition ... :)

Check Official Website.

Yeah but most of them folks are foreigners and dont count and the match is in France and and and and--------------Larry

Edited by lkytx

IPSC puts on some well attended, well rounded, well received matches all over the globe these days. Some of the best IPSC matches I've EVER shot were IPSC Canada matches.

the USA certainly hasn't "cornered the market" of top level IPSC matches.

"Every one shot the Nats last year...But the current World Champion?? "

He wasn't "afforded" a slot... no doubt he would have been "competitive". B)

Edited by Chuck D

It is in the USA so it is the premiere practical shooting events in the world if only by that fact. :o;)

I see the smilies but I think you really believe the propaganda. Websters says "premiere" means "first in position, rank, or importance" and I'd buy that "in the USA" but no way that's true for "in the world" just like the baseball "world series" has nothing to do with "the world".

The US lost it's dominance in IPSC a long time ago. Get over it. A French kid has been Open world champ for 10 years, the last 3 Open ladies world champs have been two Filipinas and a German, the Modified word champ is Filipino and the Production world champ is a Czech. The US rules Standard and Revolver but I wonder for how much longer?

I love America and Americans but BS is BS!

It is in the USA so it is the premiere practical shooting events in the world if only by that fact. :o;)

I see the smilies but I think you really believe the propaganda. Websters says "premiere" means "first in position, rank, or importance" and I'd buy that "in the USA" but no way that's true for "in the world" just like the baseball "world series" has nothing to do with "the world".

The US lost it's dominance in IPSC a long time ago. Get over it. A French kid has been Open world champ for 10 years, the last 3 Open ladies world champs have been two Filipinas and a German, the Modified word champ is Filipino and the Production world champ is a Czech. The US rules Standard and Revolver but I wonder for how much longer?

I love America and Americans but BS is BS!

How many of those folks from all those other places ever won the USPSA Nationals? Not many, so there. You cant win this with facts, no place for them. :D ---------Larry

Find a way to keep US shooters interested in IPSC and I think you'll find we would dominate. As it is, IPSC is a corrupt organization with a specific bone to pick with US shooters, to the point that they will look the other direction when non-US competitors use illegal gear.

Clean up your game, and maybe we'd care. As it is, I'm not very motivated to bust my ass to get the chance to shoot in a 3rd world backwater only to find out the match officials are stacking the deck to assure a non-US win at all costs. Don't confuse apathy for antipathy.

"Find a way to keep US shooters interested in IPSC and I think you'll find we would dominate. As it is, IPSC is a corrupt organization with a specific bone to pick with US shooters, to the point that they will look the other direction when non-US competitors use illegal gear.

Clean up your game, and maybe we'd care. As it is, I'm not very motivated to bust my ass to get the chance to shoot in a 3rd world backwater only to find out the match officials are stacking the deck to assure a non-US win at all costs. Don't confuse apathy for antipathy."

Absolutely uncalled for and the consumate definition of the "ugly American"..... :angry:

I've shot IPSC matches "North of the Border" for 20 years now. I've always been welcomed with open arms and made to feel at home. IPSC shooting is a community like no other...one you have to experience before you can comment upon its worthyness.

I've made many IPSC shooting friends in France, Italy, South Africa, Australia, and Hong Kong and have reaped the benefits of their knowledge and willingness to assist...much more so that some of my own fellow "countrymen."

IPSC is a global deal...one in which we do not completely dominate anymore and no amount of excuses will negate that fact.

Honor those that put in the effort and perform well enough to win...regardless of where they're from.

Honor those that put in the effort and perform well enough to win...regardless of where they're from.

Honor those that have cheated and conspired? I don't care where someone's from but I'm not going to sit around a pay respect to the corrupt organization that has a bone to pick with US shooters.

Whether you made friends at an IPSC match has nothing to do with top-down corruption.