Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

One Word: Iphone

DJPoLo

Hmm, I didn't see it in the options, I guess I should have looked more carefully. I like gadgets just fine, but that price I could buy an M&P and the mags for it, plus a holster and maybe a new belt.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I didn't see it in the options, I guess I should have looked more carefully. I like gadgets just fine, but that price I could buy an M&P and the mags for it, plus a holster and maybe a new belt.

No,No,No --- the folks in Smyrna want you too......

• 2 weeks later...

After much industry speculation, Apple unveils the iPhone. B)

-Chet

I remember about 15 years back when I was giving a presentation, telling our guys that portable communicatrion would end up with a pocket sized gadget that handled all forms of communication...... phone, internet, music, video... and we are almost there right now.

I also predicted that it would "talk" to your big screen TV when you are near it deferring visual display to it (or any other comaptible screen in your home).

I also think the little "hands free" phone headset gadget will soon include a small screen you can rotate down in front of your eye and activate specific "buttons" by eye movement.

Apple really jumped the competetition. At $500, those things are going to fly out of stores like cruise missiles.

If they'd add GPS road mapping like my Garmin M-5 does, I'd be shopping for one this afternoon.

Lee

• 4 months later...
Saw an add on TV tonight. Did not catch the .... "when." ?

June 29th was what I read today. I travel with a phone, iPod for music/podcasts, and a PSP to watch movies during those 10 hour flights from PIT to Houston (the ones with the 7 hour stopover in Corpus Christi..... :ph34r: The iPhone is supposed to do all of this, if I could cut down to one device that would be nice but $600 for the 8gig version is a tad on the pricey side. Although it is awfully tempting as I fight to stay away from Crackberry's for as long as possible.

Saw an add on TV tonight. Did not catch the .... "when." ?

June 29th was what I read today. I travel with a phone, iPod for music/podcasts, and a PSP to watch movies during those 10 hour flights from PIT to Houston (the ones with the 7 hour stopover in Corpus Christi..... :ph34r: The iPhone is supposed to do all of this, if I could cut down to one device that would be nice but $600 for the 8gig version is a tad on the pricey side. Although it is awfully tempting as I fight to stay away from Crackberry's for as long as possible.

I'm getting one, on the 29th, happy fricking 40th bday to me :cheers: I want it, and we all know by now, what the princess wants, the princess gets! (Unless it really doesn't synch with outlook, in which case, my ipod/phone/pda collection will have to be it for me!)

Are 4 Gigs enough, or do you need 8?

Will it work worldwide if you sign up for the service with Cingular? My Razor works everywhere. And that is a MUST for me. Do these "multi-purpose "phones" work well as phones?

Edited by zhunter

Are 4 Gigs enough, or do you need 8?

Will it work worldwide if you sign up for the service with Cingular? My Razor works everywhere. And that is a MUST for me. Do these "multi-purpose "phones" work well as phones?

I haven't seen anything that said that it's definitely a quad-band phone that would work anywhere like the Razor but most of the "experts" say that they can't see it not being quad-band. Personally I would think that in today's environment they would almost have to make it a true world phone.

ETA: Personally I would go 8 gigs, especially if you would be putting movies on it. Movies (especially those from iTunes) will take up a decent amount of space quickly. Between movies, pics, music, and podcasts it won't be too hard to fill up 4 gigs.

Edited by j2fast

I figure it will be just like a computer in that your hard drive always ends up full....

8 gig for me.

My iPod has 17g of music on it - I'm definitely going with the 8g! And now that I know I can "convince" the local manager to save me one, I'm off to Cingular tomorrow :)

My iPod has 17g of music on it - I'm definitely going with the 8g! And now that I know I can "convince" the local manager to save me one, I'm off to Cingular tomorrow

i didn't know there were so many poison and lover boy songs!

Edited by lynn jones

• 3 weeks later...
ME - but so far, it's not working!

Finally figured out that iTunes wasn't updated - it's working now and I'M IN LOVE :wub:

This thing rocks! Hooked right up to my wireless network - now I have to go see if I can browse be.com on it - imagine - I get my forums fix back at work!!!!