Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Single Stack Nationals

Bdavis

Springfield Armory Single Stack Classic /USPSA National Championship

April 27th - April 28th (April 29th is for weather make-up if needed.)

P.A.S.A. Park, - Barry, IL

250 Competitors (125 Each Day)

Stages: 14-16 Challenging Courses

Entry Fee: $135.00 for Current 1911 Society Members

$150.00 for Non-Members

$190.00 Non-USPSA Member (Includes 1st year membership.)

(Entryfee includes lunch.)

Entries Accepted on a first come, first serve basis!

Entry Deadline: April 10th, 2007

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am sssoooooooooooooo looking foreword to this. I hope the weather is as good during this match as it was during last years limited nats, although I highly doubt it will. But with global warming......... :unsure:

Hey Scott. I'm hoping to find out this weekend if we'll be funded to go. I'll let you know if me and my guys are going. This was a great match last year. You'll love it.

YES and YOU can't BAG it this YEAR!!! :lol:

Hey Scott. I'm hoping to find out this weekend if we'll be funded to go. I'll let you know if me and my guys are going. This was a great match last year. You'll love it.

Thanks John. I can always count on you. :D

Jason,

I see you are developing quite a reputation nationally!!! :D

BTW, I heard a rumor that you were complaining about the prize table last year? :lol:

Edited by Signcutter

Jason,

BTW, I heard a rumor that you were complaining about the prize table last year? :lol:

Yeah, Jason. Are you pissed because you only walked away with two guns?

SO - if you are a USPSA member.... but not a 1911 Society Member...you pay more than the 1911 Society Members? :huh:

And you are not even allowed to wear a Blade Tech DOH either..... :D:D:D

DaG

Jason,

Yeah, Jason. Are you pissed because you only walked away with two guns?

Aaahhh.....my dear friends.

SO - if you are a USPSA member.... but not a 1911 Society Member...you pay more than the 1911 Society Members? :huh:

Not really. They get you either way as you have to be a member of both. So if you are USPSA but not 1911, you pay to join 1911. If you are 1911 but not USPSA, you pay to join USPSA. It's a way for everyone to get in your wallet.

Personally, I have shot it pre-USPSA and last year when USPSA took over and I much prefer it before USPSA got involved. And the same few got all the prize guns while everyone else got a thanks for coming. I am not big on funding events handled like this. Too bad because the stages themselves were a lot of fun.

Craig

Personally, I have shot it pre-USPSA and last year when USPSA took over and I much prefer it before USPSA got involved. And the same few got all the prize guns while everyone else got a thanks for coming. I am not big on funding events handled like this. Too bad because the stages themselves were a lot of fun.

So in other words, you really like Lewis system.....right?

You do not have to be a member of the 1911 Society to shoot the match, but you must be a member of USPSA, since it is a Nationals match. My buddy joined USPSA to shoot last year, then the match signed him up again, so he had two numbers a while until they straightened it out. This should be my 5th SSC, I like this match, but LOVE the Patio pork chop in Quincy.

So in other words, you really like Lewis system.....right?

Mike,

I wouldn't say "really like" but it at least held some hope for the average shooter. And at the same time, is it fair to reward the average shooter instead of the top shooter? Probably not, but there are way more average shooters than top shooters and the average guy is who is keeping the sport alive. Got to toss them a bone now and then or they lose interest. There are plenty of venues to reward the top shooters ( who most of the time are the same dozen guys or so).

Plus I don't like the way the USPSA decided your highest classification would be your Single Stack Classification. Next to revolver, the SS is probably the most difficult class to compete in. The whole way the provisional division is backdoored into existance is a joke without an upfront classification system. By the time the two years are up, many who initially had an interest in SS have dropped out because of being placed in a class above their abilities. No one likes getting waxed all the time.

Everyone shooting SS should have classified up front just like every other division. In two years if there was enough interest and it could hold it's own, make it permanent. If not, drop it.

You do not have to be a member of the 1911 Society to shoot the match, but you must be a member of USPSA, since it is a Nationals match.

Mmmm ...... How come they made us join the 1911 Society last year too? We were already USPSA members but had to spend the extra $35 or so for the 1911 club membership too. Guess I am confused (or got scammed).

Craig

I didn't have to join, I just had to pay more because I wasn't a member of 1911. I already was a member of USPSA. They offer a discount to 1911 Soc. members. This is still the the 1911 Society's Single Stack Classic IN ADDITION to being the USPSA SS Nationals. I think members of the Society get a newsletter, I've never gotten one. Did you get any benefits to being a Society member this year?

I didn't have to join, I just had to pay more because I wasn't a member of 1911. I already was a member of USPSA. They offer a discount to 1911 Soc. members. This is still the the 1911 Society's Single Stack Classic IN ADDITION to being the USPSA SS Nationals. I think members of the Society get a newsletter, I've never gotten one. Did you get any benefits to being a Society member this year?

If I recall, the difference you had to pay for not being a member was the same as joining the 1911 society. Like I said, maybe I was just misinformed and told to pay something I didn't have to. Wouldn't be the first time.

No, I didn't ever hear a word from the 1911 society after joining and thought that kind of strange. So I don't know if there were supposed to be any benefits or not.

I just think they should have kept them separate and let each have their own rules and way of running the match. In my experience, combining disciplines usually compromises the original intent of both. I kind of like the simple way the SSC was set up from the start and would have liked to see it stay that way. And I would have liked to let USPSA have their own way of doing Single Stack as the membership wanted.

Good luck to all who attend this year.

Craig

I agree. The funniest thing is there was no rules controversey until USPSA's involvement. I remember shooting it in 97 and 98, and seeing Dave Elderton selling his version of the DOH back then, and people using it, no problem. Now all of a sudden, Dick Heinie says the DOH was never and will never be OK with the 1911 Society. I wonder if he ever took a look at the squads walking around PASA and what equipment they were wearing. People have been using that holster at the SSC since it was introduced. I think the huge SV mag wells I saw last year would offend Heinie more than the DOH. Those suckers are humongus! Absolutely no way they would be concealable without printing.

I shot the Single Stack Classic in 2005 (before USPSA's involvement) and in 2006 (the first USPSA Single Stack Nationals), and the only significant change I noticed was the increase in top-level shooters in attendance. Can't imagine how that could be a bad thing.....

The "controversy" was all here on the internet, not at the match.

I loved both matches, and look forward to shooting the 2007 version in just a few short months!