2007 Single Stack Nationals

Bdavis

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For what it is worth, no one had to join the the 1911 Society to shoot the match. There does appear to be some real disinformation out there. Everyone who shot the match and registered at the match hotel, recieved a SureFire light -- who do you think paid for those? The 1911 Society, that was, in round numbers $100 per shooter. The other comment about it not being as nice a match since the USPSA got involved -- same staff, same ROs, same stage designers, same caterers, same range. Prize distribution has been the same for that the last two years and before that we drew for many of the prizes and received many complaints about that method. We have had no arbitrations in the past, no rule disputes because we are basically a benevolent dicatorship, Dick is the dictator. As for Mr Elderton and his holsters, wouldn't be the first time we had issues with some of his antics. In truth we really ran it as really big club match and that translated into some abuse. Now, with the Level 3 status we eliminated most of that abuse. My worry about our affiliation with the USPSA is that all the wannabes, and complainers and damn range lawyers are going to show up. I've worked 11 of these matches and when my schedule gets too full, this is the only match I won't cut out, and I don't even get to shoot it.

For what it is worth, no one had to join the the 1911 Society to shoot the match. There does appear ....... Everyone who shot the match and registered at the match hotel, recieved a SureFire light -- who do you think paid for those? The 1911 Society, that was, in round numbers $100 per shooter. The other comment .......atch I won't cut out, and I don't even get to shoot it.

For what it is worth, I've shot the SSC for at least 5 years and enjoyed it every time and plan to be back again this year.

However, I still am suffering a great amount of mental anguish from not getting the above mentioned SureFire light because the driver of our three man team got lost on the way down from Michigan and we arrived at the match hotel 10 minutes too late.

I have tried asking, then begging Bdavis and the 1911 Society to make an allowance for acts of God and other natural calamities but no luck, still no flashlight. RULES ARE RULES!

-Sam

For what it is worth, no one had to join the the 1911 Society to shoot the match. There does appear to be some real disinformation out there. Everyone who shot the match and registered at the match hotel, recieved a SureFire light -- who do you think paid for those? The 1911 Society, that was, in round numbers $100 per shooter.

I may have worded it poorly but we had to pay the same as joining the 1911 society for not being a member. So we joined. I don't see a difference.

In previous years, it was the 1911 society match. You had to be a member of 1911. No problem. Now it is USPSA and you have to be a member of USPSA. Still no problem. What I am saying is it should be one or the other with the required membership of whichever is running it. Not both or having to pay extra if not a member of one or the other. Or having to join either. I know it's a small amount of money that doesn't amount to much in the overall costs of attending a match of this size, but it still irritates me.

Approximate $130 entry fee of which $100 paid for a flashlight? Really nice flashlight but ............... And apparently Sam38 paid for his but didn't get it.......

As for the problem with the "dictatorship". He who founds it makes the rules whether we like it or not. Pretty much the way IDPA is run too.

I have enjoyed the stages and people involved with the match in the past. I don't think the USPSA should have been involved until the provisional SS division is permanent and the shooters are accurately classified. As far as the wannabes, complainers, and range lawyers go, some of them are at every shooting match, no matter who sponsors it.

Craig

The Holiday Inn Convention Center has always been the hotel in the past. I am sure it is the same this year.

201 S. 3RD ST.

QUINCY, IL 62301

1 800 315 2605

Hotel Front Desk: 1-217-2222666

Hotel Fax: 1-217-2223238

Craig

Just got off the phone with them, they are indeed the match hotel.

Thanks for the numbers Craig!

The Holiday Inn Convention Center has always been the hotel in the past. I am sure it is the same this year.

201 S. 3RD ST.

QUINCY, IL 62301

1 800 315 2605

Hotel Front Desk: 1-217-2222666

Hotel Fax: 1-217-2223238

Craig

For what it is worth, no one had to join the the 1911 Society to shoot the match. There does appear to be some real disinformation out there. Everyone who shot the match and registered at the match hotel, recieved a SureFire light -- who do you think paid for those? The 1911 Society, that was, in round numbers $100 per shooter.

I may have worded it poorly but we had to pay the same as joining the 1911 society for not being a member. So we joined. I don't see a difference.

In previous years, it was the 1911 society match. You had to be a member of 1911. No problem. Now it is USPSA and you have to be a member of USPSA. Still no problem. What I am saying is it should be one or the other with the required membership of whichever is running it. Not both or having to pay extra if not a member of one or the other. Or having to join either. I know it's a small amount of money that doesn't amount to much in the overall costs of attending a match of this size, but it still irritates me.

Approximate $130 entry fee of which $100 paid for a flashlight? Really nice flashlight but ............... And apparently Sam38 paid for his but didn't get it.......

As for the problem with the "dictatorship". He who founds it makes the rules whether we like it or not. Pretty much the way IDPA is run too.

I have enjoyed the stages and people involved with the match in the past. I don't think the USPSA should have been involved until the provisional SS division is permanent and the shooters are accurately classified. As far as the wannabes, complainers, and range lawyers go, some of them are at every shooting match, no matter who sponsors it.

Craig

Craig, you miss understand. $100 of your registration does not pay for the SureFire light, but neither does SureFire donate those. The 1911 Society spent a chunk of money for those lights as incentive to get people to come in and register the night prior to shooting and at the match hotel where everything was set up, not show up on the day of the match when other tasks need to be done, and then try and register. It was documented on the website, letters were sent to all competitors, it was posted on the USPSA site, emails were sent to all shooters. Sam was more than 10 minutes late, a lot more. Do the match, 275 flashlights, with laser etching at $100 each. Now do the other match, take the 1911 Society's membership cost and multiple that by 200 shooters and you will see the cost of the give away isn't even close to being covered by those fees. I guess one suggestion is sell the give away gift, and you will offset the price of the 1911 Society. I work the match, seldom get to shoot it (twice in 11 years of working it), and it will cost me a couple of hundred dollars for that privilege. It is a great match, the best match you will shoot for the cost -- bar none.

On the PASA site I see about 20 hotels in Quincy. Want to be sure I'm in the right place so I can feel intimidated enough for my first National Level Match.

We are still working (negotiating) for the match hotel. Last year it was the Holiday Inn. I'll talk with Dick and see what the status is.

Craig

Craig, you miss understand. $100 of your registration does not pay for the SureFire light, but neither does SureFire donate those. The 1911 Society spent a chunk of money for those lights as incentive to get people to come in and register the night prior to shooting and at the match hotel where everything was set up, not show up on the day of the match when other tasks need to be done, and then try and register. It was documented on the website, letters were sent to all competitors, it was posted on the USPSA site, emails were sent to all shooters. Sam was more than 10 minutes late, a lot more. Do the match, 275 flashlights, with laser etching at $100 each. Now do the other match, take the 1911 Society's membership cost and multiple that by 200 shooters and you will see the cost of the give away isn't even close to being covered by those fees. I guess one suggestion is sell the give away gift, and you will offset the price of the 1911 Society. I work the match, seldom get to shoot it (twice in 11 years of working it), and it will cost me a couple of hundred dollars for that privilege. It is a great match, the best match you will shoot for the cost -- bar none.

Bill

Thanks for clearing things up for me,

Craig

Sam was more than 10 minutes late, a lot more.

Well, so much for that shooter and his friends...... <_<

Bdavis has a poor memory. We were only 10 minutes late and we called the hotel front desk at about 6:30 ahead of time to ask them to give the registration people information about our ETA. When we arrived at the hotel the registration was closed but the appariel vendor was still there so we consoled ourselves by buying some shirts and hats.

To some people if you late 1 minute or 1 hour it doesn't make any differerence. You are late! I can only assume bdavis and Dick belong to that type of person.

-Sam Spiteri

Since the USPSA took over kinda, does the SSC have SuperSquads like all the other matchs? Being that the squads now paint-set-tape the stages you don't get to walk around and watch your friends or big name shooters unless they happen to be in your squad.

The best part when I shoot the SSC was the random sqauding. I was squaded with Phil Strader and Taran Butler. Next squad up was Robert Leathem and Dave Sevigny. I was able to watch them shoot the whole match and talk with them some as well. It was worth every dime!!

So did they still do random squads or SuperSqaud the top guns. Thanks

I made my reservations at the Holiday Inn a few days ago, assuming that was going to be the "Match Hotel", as it has been'

BDavis....if you could let us know ASAP, when things are squared away, It sure would be appreciated by me and many others. Thanks

I am not sure if everyone knows how much time and effort Bill, Richard and many others put into the SSC. It is an awesome match, and everyone should be grateful we have guys and gals like this to put it together. It pisses me off when I here people pissing and moaning about piddly ass crap! Kudos to Bill and everyone else that makes this match a great success.

Sorry, I felt the need to rant.

2007 Single Stack Upate:

I have just received anothe packet of registrations an Saturday is more than half full. Requests for squadding of any larger goups is going to be difficult from this point forward. If you are planning to shoot, get your applications in quickly. We are anticipating that Saturday will be full by the end of January.

Friday is still wide open.

Bill