Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ss Division Questions

omnia1911

Right from the start, everyone knew the classifiers wouldn't go into the system for 3 years.

Right from the start, everyone was told to classify in L-10 if they were new and had no classification.

Now the wailing and gnashing of teeth because the above is still true. Why is that?

If you want or need your classifiers to count right now, shoot another division.

George,

I totally agree, I will be shooting Singlestack again in 2007. with the rules and classifiers as they are.

For me the classifiers not being processed are not that big of a deal and certainly will not be the determining factor of my participation of the SSD.

I can only see good things in the long term if SSD is approved after the 3 year provisional trial, so I will invest the majority of three years of matches into SSD.

So the call goes out to anybody with a 1911 pattern gun that meets the rules for 2007, come on in the water is fine and you will have a great time.

Alan

As long as Stages are set up for Ltd and Open, SS will be a pain.

If the stages are too difficult for SS, what does that mean for Revolver? If stages are designed to meet rules requirement of not more that 9 rounds per position, how are they being set for Limited & Open, unless it is 9 rounds at every position. If you have a 20 rounds stage then most Limited & Open shooters can shoot without a mag change but an L10 shooter is going to need at least 1 & SS is going to need 2 & Revolver is going to need 3 reloads. If you shoot to win your Division then why are you worried about what another Division is doing. If you are shooting to win the match then shoot a gun that will easily allow you to do that & quit complaining.

If the stages are too difficult for SS, what does that mean for Revolver? If stages are designed to meet rules requirement of not more that 9 rounds per position, how are they being set for Limited & Open, unless it is 9 rounds at every position. If you have a 20 rounds stage then most Limited & Open shooters can shoot without a mag change but an L10 shooter is going to need at least 1 & SS is going to need 2 & Revolver is going to need 3 reloads. If you shoot to win your Division then why are you worried about what another Division is doing. If you are shooting to win the match then shoot a gun that will easily allow you to do that & quit complaining.

Exactly!!!

or

practice and beat them with a SS :D

. The elimination of the DOH will further muddy the waters about classifiers already submitted.

Are we sure it eliminated this? I thought the new rule or change or whatever said the front strap had to be at or above the belt level. I put my SS in my DOH and the front strap was even with the bottom of the belt. Am I reading something wrong or just measuring wrong?

. The elimination of the DOH will further muddy the waters about classifiers already submitted.

Are we sure it eliminated this? I thought the new rule or change or whatever said the front strap had to be at or above the belt level. I put my SS in my DOH and the front strap was even with the bottom of the belt. Am I reading something wrong or just measuring wrong?

23. Holsters should be suitable for everyday use. Competition holsters of the race gun type are specifically not allowed. All retention features of the holster must be used. The holster, must carry the pistol so that the grip front strap is at or above the top of the belt. The holster, must not be cut further than 1/2 inch below the front of the ejection port and cover the slide completely up to 1/2 inch below the ejection port. A belt slide holster, such as a Yaqui slide, is exempt from the covering the slide and the 1/2 inch cut requirements.

I going to have to check, but I think my Production DOH (usp) is the older desgin and the one I picked up for a 1911 came with 2 different back plates to adjust.

Kind of sucks you spend the money to get a holster that is within the rules, then they change the rules. IDPA shooters will have no problems fitting in.

I going to have to check, but I think my Production DOH (usp) is the older desgin and the one I picked up for a 1911 came with 2 different back plates to adjust.

Kind of sucks you spend the money to get a holster that is within the rules, then they change the rules. IDPA shooters will have no problems fitting in.

I ordered a Blade Tech DOH in September of 2005 and it shipped early November 2005 and it is the convertible design with 2 different back plates. I would expect that just about everyone that bought a new DOH for PSSD has all they need to stay legal in the division.

Don't make the mistake I did, and use LocTite on the post screws, or whatever those damn things are called.

Bought a DOH a year ago, and used it for L10. Got sick of the screws coming loose, so I applied a liberal amount of red LocTite. Ha! Worked great. Then I decided I wanted to shoot an IDPA match. Nothing I tried worked, until I finally cut "slots" in the female of the post screw, so I could use a screw-driver on either side.

After the IDPA match, put it back in the DOH configuration. Now I have to remove it for SS (though not L10)? It's not hassle, anymore, but there's definately a different feel to the draw.

Unless the composition of the BoD changes, the votes will be the same and Single Stack will become a Category of Limited-10 (or Limited, if Limited-10 is eliminated or changed to a category of Limited). I think Category dilution and having too few shooters to recognizes Classes (remember D, C, B, A, M, GM?) will dictate that Limited-10 and Single-Stack are both rolled into Limited, either both as Categories, or with Single-Stack as a Subcategory of the Limited-10 Category. Although that sounds more complicated, it could work, and you could make the rules to permit Tournaments or Matches to recognize only the Limited-10 Category or even the Single-Stack Subcategory. I think it is essential that we permit the Single Stack Classic to be a National Match under USPSA, but the numbers will probably dictate that Single Stack is not a viable Division at the local match level. I am not exactly happy about this (I have "wasted" money on this Division, as if money spent on guns can ever be considered wasted). If there is enough concern, Single-Stack enthusiasts in each Area had best put up one "Single-Stack guy" for Director (not 2, you'd just split the vote).

Unless the composition of the BoD changes, the votes will be the same and Single Stack will become a Category of Limited-10 (or Limited, if Limited-10 is eliminated or changed to a category of Limited). I think Category dilution and having too few shooters to recognizes Classes (remember D, C, B, A, M, GM?) will dictate that Limited-10 and Single-Stack are both rolled into Limited, either both as Categories, or with Single-Stack as a Subcategory of the Limited-10 Category. Although that sounds more complicated, it could work, and you could make the rules to permit Tournaments or Matches to recognize only the Limited-10 Category or even the Single-Stack Subcategory. I think it is essential that we permit the Single Stack Classic to be a National Match under USPSA, but the numbers will probably dictate that Single Stack is not a viable Division at the local match level. I am not exactly happy about this (I have "wasted" money on this Division, as if money spent on guns can ever be considered wasted). If there is enough concern, Single-Stack enthusiasts in each Area had best put up one "Single-Stack guy" for Director (not 2, you'd just split the vote).

And why should L-10 be rolled out into a catagory?

We have 5 solid well represented divisions now, SS can easily be shot in L10, there is no real need to it, but L10 cannot be shot in Limited. Something about capacity.

Jim

And why should L-10 be rolled out into a catagory?

We have 5 solid well represented divisions now, SS can easily be shot in L10, there is no real need to it, but L10 cannot be shot in Limited. Something about capacity.

Jim

1. It is better to make L-10 a Category of Limited rather than eliminating it completely.

2. L-10 fits fine under Limited as long as 170mm mags are allowed for all single-column guns.

The original questions that started this thread have been answered.

Why isn't the new SS division using the same equipment rules as the SS Classic?

In spite of it having a provisional status, why do the new SS division classifiers have to be archived, rather than posted/used like the other classifiers?

CLOSED