Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited 10 Future?

indyshooter

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with the new single stack class, i'm afraid limited 10 may be going away. i've even heard the area 6 shoot won't have a L-10 class. anybody heard anything reliable? any thoughts from other L-10 shooters?

Indy,

Please look around a bit, there are several threads runing now that address this issue.

THere is definately a group that wants to do away with L-10. I am not one of them. I think that SS should be a catagory under L-10.

That said, we should probably merge this into the other threads.

Jim

Categories for divisions will work the same way as categories for shooters, ie. Senior, Super Senior etc. If there are enough competitors in a category then - in theory - there could be awards by class as well.

So - if my understanding is right - if you had a match and 50-60 people show L10 as a category then they would get the same level of prizes as they do now as a division. I think...

The rule book is a little vague on the subject of what level the prizes have to go to. But if there are more than 5 people then they have to recognise the category.

This 'vagueness' could actually be a good thing, as it frees up the Match Director to decide the level of awards for each category. Such information could be posted on the match entry form so everyone knows what to expect before they get there.

Search Button at the top of the page.

From other threads folks know about how I feel, but I'll address the prize table.

After the winners in Limited are announced (i.e. Match and Class winners), the category winners are announced (i.e. Senior, Super Senior, Lady, Junior, L-10 & SS). Prize table by however match staff wants to do it (overall finish, class winners, et. al.).

Rich

being new to this forum, i'm sorry to have brought up an old idea, merlin. i would like to thank the other responders. how do i find these threads?

Sorry Skip... I usually wait until new members have at least 10 posts before I start acting like an ass.... ;) My bad.

being new to this forum, i'm sorry to have brought up an old idea, merlin. i would like to thank the other responders. how do i find these threads?

Sorry Skip... I usually wait until new members have at least 10 posts before I start acting like an ass.... ;) My bad.

Yes you are... :lol:

Man I keep waiting for some of the real hardcore IDPA shooters to chime in here and really let themhave it...turn about would only be fair play....LOL

This all just seems so silly....isn't this what the AC's are for...voice your complaints and compliments to them and they pass it onward..

frankly, it has gotten to be a bit much....what with everyone having a division or category for anything but a .22 derringer and Nationals for them to boot...it is time it got cleaned up a little...but whenever that happens, some people get their feelings hurt.... :(

Guess that's all, say Good Night, Gracie... ;)

Edited by tightloop

I think that MAYBE we could have a working definition of a catagory.

Perhaps we can do it this way>

Limited Match Winner 5 in Match

L-10 Category Match Winner, 5 L-10 in Match

High Master Limited, 3 M in match

High Master L-10, 3 L-10 M in match.

Gee looks like what we already have doesn't it?

Oh, Darn, will Categories have Classifications? Let's see? New Shooter Guy (NSG) signs up with USPSA today and starts shooting L-10 as a category, his classifiers would go in a Limited since there wouldn't be a Division to be classified in. He'd shoot as a Limited U till classified, then as a Limited C (assume he gets an initial classification of C). If he is the only C L-10 category shooter, he is shooting against the Limited shooters. If there are less than 5 L-10 category, he can’t win high L-10.

Why can’t we leave well enough alone? SS works in L-10, L-10 does not work as a category of Limited. We don’t need SS. We do need L-10.

It is simple, we understand it, it works!

Then again, maybe we need a snubnose revolver division so that those people have a place to shoot. Let’s bring that in and do away with some other division like Production or maybe Open.

Jim

I think that MAYBE we could have a working definition of a catagory.

Perhaps we can do it this way>

Limited Match Winner 5 in Match

L-10 Category Match Winner, 5 L-10 in Match

High Master Limited, 3 M in match

High Master L-10, 3 L-10 M in match.

Gee looks like what we already have doesn't it?

Oh, Darn, will Categories have Classifications? Let's see? New Shooter Guy (NSG) signs up with USPSA today and starts shooting L-10 as a category, his classifiers would go in a Limited since there wouldn't be a Division to be classified in. He'd shoot as a Limited U till classified, then as a Limited C (assume he gets an initial classification of C). If he is the only C L-10 category shooter, he is shooting against the Limited shooters. If there are less than 5 L-10 category, he can’t win high L-10.

Why can’t we leave well enough alone? SS works in L-10, L-10 does not work as a category of Limited. We don’t need SS. We do need L-10.

It is simple, we understand it, it works!

Then again, maybe we need a snubnose revolver division so that those people have a place to shoot. Let’s bring that in and do away with some other division like Production or maybe Open.

Jim

that's how i see it.

double action..production

single stack,single action...limited 10

double stack,single action...limited

dot...open

that's how i see it.

dot...open

Or....

10 rounds, any gun...limited 10

140mm max...limited

dot...open

Oh, wait.

We HAVE that. :)

that's how i see it.

dot...open

Or....

140mm max...limited

dot...open

Oh, wait.

yes we do, that's my point. i like L-10. i don't want it eliminated. i'm actually sorry i brought this up. if L-10 goes, i'll shoot limited with my single stack. i like to shoot my 1911 and i want to get better with it.

that's how i see it.

dot...open

Or....

140mm max...limited

dot...open

Oh, wait.

And it WORKS!

Thank you!

Lets leave it alone!

Here's a question, How many people here got their initial classification in LIMITED with a Single Stack??

Jim

!

Here's a question, How many people here got their initial classification in LIMITED with a Single Stack??

Jim

I did. Got my initial classification in Limited with the same 1911 single stack that I was

shooting in L10 at the time. Made B in Limited with a Glock 35, which was also my

Production gun. Ended up putting a dot on that one and shot a year of Open

with a 40. Been shooting major 9 G17 open guns lately, but just bought a revolver.

Sometimes I confuse myself! :wacko:

with the new single stack class, i'm afraid limited 10 may be going away. i've even heard the area 6 shoot won't have a L-10 class. anybody heard anything reliable? any thoughts from other L-10 shooters?

Where did you get that?! No, Cindy has made no such decision. There will be a L10 at the 2007 Area6 Championship.

Indyshooter,

Going back to your original question.

Yes L10, SS, and to a lesser degree Revolver have become politcal footballs endlessly kicked around by the membership, on the forum and among the BOD.

The margin of L10 supporters over detractors is razor thin right now and subject to change.

There is no way to know at this point whether it will survive or for how long.

The A6 director seems squarely in the camp that wishes to do away with the division.

While I disagree, he is simply doing what he believes represents the will of the majority among his constituents.

IMHO if L10 continues, I can't imagine the Area6 match unilaterally removing it.

Some of the L10 shooters may switch divisions, others would likely boycott the match.

It would be sure to affect participation and create a lot of ill will ...... for what?.

Just to make a political statement? There's no upside to it.

I had another point to make but "political" discussions are taboo on this forum so I will simply remind everyone that L10 was created for a reason.

We wouldn't be having this debate if not for the sunset of the AWB two years ago.

I would wait and see what the future may hold before jumping on the "we have too many divisions" bandwagon.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

The A6 director seems squarely in the camp that wishes to do away with the division.

While I disagree, he is simply doing what he believes represents the will of the majority among his constituents.

he's not the only one....look further up the tree. If the Area 6 AD is simply doing what he believes the majority of his constituents want.....does that mean that the USA RD is doing the same?

I believe the requirement for PSSD to survive was 8% - 10% participation....is it making that figure anywhere? This 'problem' of too many divisions...may take care of itself.

Edited by SteveZ