Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Idpa Rules

Singlestack Wonder

Again, we see another topic closed due to IDPA bashing. Thanks go to the moderator!

IDPA rules need to be enforced even if it doesn't allow modifications to someone's liking whether it be the guns or other equipment. That's the beauty of the rules, IDPA doesn't keep adding sub sections to constantly appease those who wish to stretch the rules. Stability is the key to long success (IDPA just celebrated it's 10 aniversary).

When I shoot USPSA, SASS, or Bullseye, I don't complain that their rules are not like those of other sports. I chose to play their game and have to abide by the rules of the organization.

What's so difficult to understand?????????????????

;)

Again, we see another topic closed due to IDPA bashing. Thanks go to the moderator!

IDPA rules need to be enforced even if it doesn't allow modifications to someone's liking whether it be the guns or other equipment. That's the beauty of the rules, IDPA doesn't keep adding sub sections to constantly appease those who wish to stretch the rules. Stability is the key to long success (IDPA just celebrated it's 10 aniversary).

When I shoot USPSA, SASS, or Bullseye, I don't complain that their rules are not like those of other sports. I chose to play their game and have to abide by the rules of the organization.

;)

Nothing

I absolutely agree I did not start that thread to bash IDPA I enjoy the sport. I just had a question ? And just ignore BONES he is very good friend of mine and I just usually ignore his bantering it works the best with him. But he will always have your back when you need him. Good people.

Rules are rules and I will follow them I just need to know what they are. And it is irrelevant if I think that they make sense or not.

;)

Nothing

I absolutely agree I did not start that thread to bash IDPA I enjoy the sport. I just had a question ? And just ignore BONES he is very good friend of mine and I just usually ignore his bantering it works the best with him. But he will always have your back when you need him. Good people.

Rules are rules and I will follow them I just need to know what they are. And it is irrelevant if I think that they make sense or not.

1911VM: I didn't mean that you started the thread to bash IDPA. If you took it that way, I apologize. A lot of the posts following yours took a negative swing. As with any sport, local clubs do not always follow the national organizations' rules (that goes for all shooting sports). In your case the SO was correct in his call and if questioned, should have shown you the specific rule in the rulebook the tape on the glasses violated and been pleasant about it. Ignore the posts stating that you should attempt to "game" around the rule by methods such as "replacing the lense with a plastic one and roughing it up with sandpaper". Practice a LOT and your eyes will adapt.

Good luck!

:)

[

1911VM: I didn't mean that you started the thread to bash IDPA. If you took it that way, I apologize. A lot of the posts following yours took a negative swing. As with any sport, local clubs do not always follow the national organizations' rules (that goes for all shooting sports). In your case the SO was correct in his call and if questioned, should have shown you the specific rule in the rulebook the tape on the glasses violated and been pleasant about it. Ignore the posts stating that you should attempt to "game" around the rule by methods such as "replacing the lense with a plastic one and roughing it up with sandpaper". Practice a LOT and your eyes will adapt.

Good luck!

This one will head down the same path, but show me the rule on this. No way in the world your gonna argue that scotch tape is a competetion only modification.

I guess you guys are going to tell me that my Glock 35 with a 1 lb trigger and 125.1 PF loads is a "competition only" gun. Well what about my G21 in SSP sending a 230 gr bullet screaming through the cardboard (most of the time if it is not too thick) at 560 fps.

Please don't call my .40 STI 2011 with 125 PF loads a competition only gun either. :P

I consider myself to be an IDPA Purist.

[

Good luck!

This one will head down the same path, but show me the rule on this. No way in the world your gonna argue that scotch tape is a competetion only modification.

Well, I won't argue that scotch tape by itself is a competition only modification. I would say that such a temporary eyeglass modification only used by the individual while shooting would indicate that in this instance that they were modified only for competition.

I doubt I'd make the shooter take the tape off though, I'd probably just give them the option of putting tape on both lens or taking it off of the one. That way it'd be the shooters choice, sort of like freestyle.

Mike

[

Good luck!

Well, I won't argue that scotch tape by itself is a competition only modification. I would say that such a temporary eyeglass modification only used by the individual while shooting would indicate that in this instance that they were modified only for competition.

I doubt I'd make the shooter take the tape off though, I'd probably just give them the option of putting tape on both lens or taking it off of the one. That way it'd be the shooters choice, sort of like freestyle.

Mike

I guess I won't be shooting any of your matches.

pat

I guess you guys are going to tell me that my Glock 35 with a 1 lb trigger and 125.1 PF loads is a "competition only" gun. Well what about my G21 in SSP sending a 230 gr bullet screaming through the cardboard (most of the time if it is not too thick) at 560 fps.

Please don't call my .40 STI 2011 with 125 PF loads a competition only gun either. :P

I consider myself to be an IDPA Purist.

:D:D:D

pat

Mike

And that's backed in the rules where? Come on people, race holsters, speed mag holders, red dots, comps, even cleats because the rule book says no. Tape on the glasses come on now it's a game. Things like this is why the IDPA rule book could still use some work. I like their game also, I would just like a more uniform application of the rules. We all know how to play monopoly, it's the family variations that kill us when we visit others. Keep the rules that are written applied the same everywhere and take the opinions out of it.

And that's backed in the rules where? Come on people, race holsters, speed mag holders, red dots, comps, even cleats because the rule book says no. Tape on the glasses come on now it's a game. Things like this is why the IDPA rule book could still use some work. I like their game also, I would just like a more uniform application of the rules. We all know how to play monopoly, it's the family variations that kill us when we visit others. Keep the rules that are written applied the same everywhere and take the opinions out of it.

Competition Rules, Item C1. Since most of us don't put tape on our glasses for daily use it seems inappropriate.

Nothing against other shooting sports as I haven't tried them. I like having the spirit of the spirit of the rules enforced because it keeps things more on the individual. My understanding may be incorrect but IPSC seems more active in making shooting a high-competition sport. Nothing wrong with that; I hope pistol design and shooting in general benefits from that sort of experimentation.

Two different philosophies. Both good, just different.

ciao!

leam

How do we know he does not put tape on his glasses when not shooting? He may do it every day if he is trying to train the other eye to be dominate.

What about those that have to use the little arm band due to "tennis elbow"? Should an SO make them take that off and shoot in pain?

As stated before "Where has all the common sense gone". If an SO is that anal he needs to find something else to occupy his time. Stacking tooth picks maybe?

What am I thinking? I am the SO that will never hand out a Procedural for "dumping" rounds. :o

Edited by Joe D

How do we know he does not put tape on his glasses when not shooting? He may do it every day if he is trying to train the other eye to be dominate.

What about those that have to use the little arm band due to "tennis elbow"? Should an SO make them take that off and shoot in pain?

As stated before "Where has all the common sense gone". If an SO is that anal he needs to find something else to occupy his time. Stacking tooth picks maybe?

What am I thinking? I am the SO that will never had out a Procedural for "dumping" rounds. :o

Good post Joe.

I love this sport called IDPA,all my USPSA buddies laugh at me for still shooting it.

It is a great game(NOTICE I SAID GAME).

I get up every 2nd Sunday of the month and put on a 5 or 6 stage match,every Tuesday night I put on a 4 stage match and usually help out every Friday night at a local match.

If I didn't love the game I don't believe I would do all that.

Using rule C1 in this tape on glass deal is BS.

I stated before I have always shot with tape over my Right Eye.

I shot FL- GA- SC STATE MATCHES IN 2004,FL IN 2006 AND FL GA BORDER DISORDER IN 2005 AND 2006 with not one problem.

You are correct,if a MD- SO OR AC is that ANAL he won't have to worry about my money at his match.

pat

No, not BS. A violation of the rules as no one wears tape over a single lense for everyday wearing of glasses. One could close the right eye and be legal.

BS DUDE

PAT

Well, I've been called a nobody before but never a no one. I do keep the tape on my sun glasses all the time. I'm retraining my eyes and it's a pain to take off and put back on. I enjoy the game just not the personal interpretation of the rules. Rules are rules follow them as written. If BW does not like the tape thing it will show up in a revision of the rule book just like the holsters did a few years ago. But, I don't think that will happen. If you don't like placing below some one with taped glasses either 1) tape your glasses if you think it's that big of an advantage or 2) practice.

Thanks PJONES5 I get over that way sometimes, so I'll keep it in mind.

Edited by Fireant

No, not BS. A violation of the rules as no one wears tape over a single lense for everyday wearing of glasses. One could close the right eye and be legal.

Man, you need a life....give you more to really worry about than a piece of cellophane tape on someone's shooting glasses... :(<_<:angry:

"C 1. Competitors will not attempt to circumvent or compromise the spirit or rationale of any stage either by the use of inappropriate devices, equipment or techniques. This is the Failure To Do Right rule."

Is the shooter attempting to gain a competitive advantage or are they overcoming a physical handicap? In this case, I would say it is overcoming a handicap to put them on the same level playing field with the other shooters whose dominent eye is their strong side eye. If this is the case, then where does it violate C1? It doesn't.

I hear the term common sense used a lot and too little lack of it being implemented.

It's a sport. Let's relax and enjoy it and stop being our own worst enemies

Jerry

Edited by COF

The last thread on this subject was closed because it strayed from a rules discussion into a personal one. This one seems to be devolving into "BS" "No, not BS." It's being closed for a timeout ----- that does not mean that someone should now turn around and start a new thread on this same subject. Thank you one and all,