Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I didnt shoot the match, but stage 3 looks really neat. Were there miss penalties for targets you went past but didnt shoot?

I bet the revolvers had a heck of a time with that stage.

Actually the revolver shooters all finished the stage without going Zero. Can't say that for about 40 other people.

Although I got into the match I couldn't shoot it. Wish I did but safety for all concerned was more important. I did look at all of the posted scores, being curious.

Edited by AzShooter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I got into the match I couldn't shoot it. Wish I did but safety for all concerned was more important. I did look at all of the posted scores, being curious.

I'm interested in the story, do you mean you declined to shoot the stage with a revolver because you didn't feel you could do it safely? If so wouldn't that've zeroed your scorecard for the stage?

I'm not wishing to pull this thread off topic. But does anybody remember the name of the company that was selling the leather holsters there in the vendor tent? The few times I stopped by the booth was unmanned and I didn't get a chance to talk with them about making me an IWB holster.

TIA!

the Hardest Match I ever shot. Geared More to MASTER CLASS and Open Divison. The six shot target arrays thru out the match for Revolver, Really hurt the production and single stack divisons.

you didn't shoot last year did you? :lol:

No doubt! This year was absolute cake compared to last year. The funny thing is that I did worse this year. Wide open targets must confuse me! :lol:

I'm interested in the story, do you mean you declined to shoot the stage with a revolver because you didn't feel you could do it safely? If so wouldn't that've zeroed your scorecard for the stage?

No, I decided not to shoot the entire match because I started getting severe dizzy spells a week earlier and was passing out a lot. Spent a few days for test and decided all that driving, 150 miles a day, would be too much for me. I really wanted to shoot but couldn't see me walking around with a gun in the state I was in.

It's part of a long illness I've had to learn to live with over the years. Just learn there are things I can and cannot do.

No I Did not shoot it last year. I heard from Friends it was a Real Bear last year. This year with the stage designers hiding targets behind berms of other targets. you had to REMEBER where all the targets where. Several stages there where targets out of view you had to hunt. kinda felt like they were out to get me with FTE's

I'm not wishing to pull this thread off topic. But does anybody remember the name of the company that was selling the leather holsters there in the vendor tent? The few times I stopped by the booth was unmanned and I didn't get a chance to talk with them about making me an IWB holster.

TIA!

Although International Handgun Leather does not have a web site - here's a link to all of our sponsors for the match:

2006 A2 / Desert Classic Sponsors

A2Chic :ph34r:

TIA!

Although International Handgun Leather does not have a web site - here's a link to all of our sponsors for the match:

2006 A2 / Desert Classic Sponsors

A2Chic :ph34r:

You are looking for Ian Martin. He can be reached at gunleather@uswest.net

Cool Video. Where you not looking at the Second Target? It never shows up in the vid.

It's a combinantion of the speed of the hat cam 15 frames per second, the location of how it was mounted on my hat and the awesome speed at which I engaged the target. :) Ok maybe not the last one, but I did get 2 A's on it as well as the mover.

the Hardest Match I ever shot. Geared More to MASTER CLASS and Open Divison. The six shot target arrays thru out the match for Revolver, Really hurt the production and single stack divisons.

You need to get out more, come next yeat. Last year was tough. This year it was down to nice and interesting.

Hurt the production and SS divisions? Only if a production or SS shooter can't do a decent reload on demand.

I did notice that the Revolver Division was the only division where no shooter zeroed stage 3. Those guys must practice.

It was an interesting match but it was not memory intensive, at least by Rio standards.

You need to get out more, come next yeat. Last year was tough. This year it was down to nice and interesting.

Hurt the production and SS divisions? Only if a production or SS shooter can't do a decent reload on demand.

I did notice that the Revolver Division was the only division where no shooter zeroed stage 3. Those guys must practice.

It was an interesting match but it was not memory intensive, at least by Rio standards.

A+ Viggen could not of said it better! :)

I shoot every weekend somewhere and alot of area matches over 8 years, this was still the hardest overall. Compared to what i heard last about last year, i will agree easier but not nice. Master class shooters with an open gun had lots of mikes and slow times, at least on my squad . Match was geared more toward master/ Open in MHO. About prod. & SS, 6 shots and you still have two to four rounds in a mag with nothing to do with them but drop them on the ground most of the time, where some exceptions. Nice for limited and open at 18-24rnds. You had to remember where those Hidden targets where while shooting. Part of a plan I guess, but we all Know how that goes south when the buzzer goes off. Probaly won't come next year, Match did not live up to the hype for me. Will attened TWO other area Match for just about the same Fee as this one.

Edited by nmipsc

i would like to know how the revo guys shot the dukes of hazzard stage.

start position hand on gas pump at beep move to first window and shoot one static target and a popper that activated and slider. move to second port and shoot another low lying static target. this is five shots, did the revo guys get around the corner in time with a reload to shoot the slider?

i would like to know how the revo guys shot the dukes of hazzard stage.

start position hand on gas pump at beep move to first window and shoot one static target and a popper that activated and slider. move to second port and shoot another low lying static target. this is five shots, did the revo guys get around the corner in time with a reload to shoot the slider?

I shot with Jerry Miculek and from what I remember he shot the paper in the 1st port, the activator and reloaded to the second window shot the low target and the slider. He didn't have much time for the slider through the 2nd window but got his hits. Then he shot the rest of the COF. If you look at the pics I put up you can see him reloading in front of the 2nd window. http://www.durkindigitalimages.com/area2/

Edited by dubletap

I shoot every weekend somewhere and alot of area matches over 8 years, this was still the hardest overall. Compared to what i heard last about last year, i will agree easier but not nice. Master class shooters with an open gun had lots of mikes and slow times, at least on my squad . Match was geared more toward master/ Open in MHO. About prod. & SS, 6 shots and you still have two to four rounds in a mag with nothing to do with them but drop them on the ground most of the time, where some exceptions. Nice for limited and open at 18-24rnds. You had to remember where those Hidden targets where while shooting. Part of a plan I guess, but we all Know how that goes south when the buzzer goes off. Probaly won't come next year, Match did not live up to the hype for me. Will attened TWO other area Match for just about the same Fee as this one.

Gotta go with Viggen. I shot it L10 and there was plenty of opportunity for reloads. Everything I messed up on were the easy shots, wide open targets, or just a error that had nothing to do with the COF like leaving my 8 rnd loading mag in at the start of stage 1. (couldn't figure out why the gun wasn't still firing!) If you decide to shoot L10, SS or Revo you know what you're in for and you choose to accept the challenge. I shoot L10 only because I'm not yet brave enough to shoot SS, but I'm getting there. I have more fun doing well with L10 than I do shooting Open anymore.

not saying there was no place to reload, just more of it beacuse of the arrays. I agree you accept the challenge when you sign up for that divison. hats off to you, you're a brave soul. The stages where setup great. really nice props, well painted, lots of effort on this part. Prize table was intresting. Quite a few inexpensive 22 rim fire guns on the table.

Edited by nmipsc