Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

World Shoot Qualifier

This is an official announcement:

Targeting Education has been selected as one of the three World Shoot Qualifiers (best two count for score for inclusion on the 2008 World Shoot Team). We will have an 18 stage Level III match run under IPSC rules run on May 17th and 18'th followed by a 9 stage Level III USPSA match on May 19th and 20th that may be shot on either Saturday or Sunday. In short, you can come to Michigan and shoot 27 stages in one weekend!!! Applications for both venues will be available on December 1st, and we will cap the slots at 150 for the Qualifier match and 200 for the USPSA match. The best of the best will be coming to shoot this match, and it promises to be a fun, challenging event. John Amidon is the RM, and we will have only the best officials available as a lot will be at stake. So get those apps in early and get the time scheduled off work to attend!!! (Please veiw attachment for further details)

Jeff LaFave

Tournament Director

We are currently soliciting sponsors as well. If interested, please email me at: jlafave@mich.com

Level_III_Sanctioning_IPSC_Livingston_2007__2_.doc

Edited by Barrettone

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!

Hi Jeff

I put in the vacation request at work -- hasn't been approved yet, but I am confident it will be. We need to talk.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Major Match Stats

Edited by LChico

YES!

Hi Jeff

I put in the vaction request at work -- hasn't been approved yet, but I am confident it will be. We need to talk.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

Major Match Stats

I'll give you a call. Sorry I forgot to announce our stellar stats chick for the match!!! We're gonna have to lasso BDH as well!!! Port-O-Lets indeed!!! ;)

Congrats Sako!!

Will you have IPSC approved Port-O-Lets there? :lol::lol::lol: Sorry, cheap shot (well, not that sorry)... ;)

BTW, GO BUCKEYES!!!

I'm a Michigan State fan anyway...."The enemy of my enemy is my freind!!!" I have two favorite teams...The Spartans and whoever is playin' them sumbitches from Ann Arbor!!! GO BUCKEYES!!! :D

Edited by Barrettone

Any word on the other qualifier matches? I'd love to try out the IPSC style stuff.

I am only at liberty to discuss the Targeting Education, as the President sent me an official email that it was awarded to us. The other matches should be announcing shortly. It will also be posted in the BoD minutes when they go up on the USPSA website. I don't know the timing of the other two events anyway...just the locations so far. ;)

The wording is sort of confusing. Are we shooting over 2 days or are we going to pack 18 stages into one day?

Hey BJ,

You will shoot the IPSC match on Thursday AND Friday (9 stages each day, half-day format). we (meaning Linda Chico) are working on the squadding module as we speak. Hope this clarifies. The USPSA match will be 9 stages, one day format shot on either Saturday or Sunday. ;)

Jeff LaFave

Edited by Barrettone

Rio Salado in Mesa, AZ was one of the other two locations that the matches will be held.........I will be the match director, and will announce the dates of the Mesa match as soon as we can nail down some dates..........

Steve H

Rio Salado in Mesa, AZ was one of the other two locations that the matches will be held.........I will be the match director, and will announce the dates of the Mesa match as soon as we can nail down some dates..........

Steve H

Hopefully not back-to-back with A2.......It could be tough to get a slot for that one

• 2 weeks later...
When will enrollment forms be avilble?

I have to make it to this it's so close to home

They're up at: http://www.lchico.5u.com/TE/TE2007ap.pdf

Any rumors as to where the third qualifier match will be held? It's time to start putting together next year's schedule.

The're listed at the top of the app: http://www.lchico.5u.com/TE/TE2007ap.pdf

Edited by bobert1

Jeff/Linda,

Are you taking apps now or will you not accept until after Dec 1st?

Thanks,

Bring it on...Remember though, that this is TWO matches. IPSC on Thursday and Friday and then a USPSA match shot on either Saturday or Sunday. There are two seperate match fees. We have brought together the "best of the best" for this venue, and it is going to be a QUALITY experience. Give Linda a break though, as she is in the process of doing the AMU 3 Gun in Ft. Benning, so confirmations may be a little delayed. I released everything early at Area 2 this past weekend, as I had to get the info out to everybody, but the plan was to hold until December 1st to give her a little more time. I am therefore in the doghouse and consider myself soundly whipped. :ph34r: Having said all that...send 'em in, and we'll get the hotel block codes and banquet info solidified for your confirmations when they go out.

Jeff LaFave

CO-MD (aka Larry Houcks Lacky)

Any rumors as to where the third qualifier match will be held? It's time to start putting together next year's schedule.

At Area 2, I was told it rhymes with Pulsa.

Edited by Barrettone

When will enrollment forms be avilble?

I have to make it to this it's so close to home

They're up at: http://www.lchico.5u.com/TE/TE2007ap.pdf

The're listed at the top of the app: http://www.lchico.5u.com/TE/TE2007ap.pdf

Please note the correct link DOES NOT contain "www"

http://lchico.5u.com/TE/TE2007ap.pdf

Also note that none of the other links on the website work yet, since somebody's lackey told me I had until the 15th of November to get it ready . . .

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2007 Targeting Education Statistician

The picture is Jeff LaFave at the Summer Blast getting ready for the Road to Bali....

Just remember folks, Jeff is doing the stages and I have the match administration. You are welcome to ask any questions within reason. Answers that require thought are $100 each, wrong answers are easier they are $25 each, and the corect answer to your question....priceless (may not be the answer you were looking for).

On a more serious note, this is going to be a great match, many people will be putting in a great deal of time to make this happen. Please plan to attend.

Larry

post-4350-1163538830.jpg

Edited by sbmd