Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pro-ears Pro-slim Dimension 1

billdncn

I just change my order from Peltor's Tac 7's to Pro-Ears Pro-Slim Dimension 1's. They cost $40 more then the Peltors, but the Peltor's look so big, and bulky.

I wanted something comfortable, and light for IDPA, and USPSA

Opinions on the Pro-Slims?

Thanks, Bill

i don't personally own a set of the Pro Ears, but once midway or brownells has them in stock, i'll pick up the newer plus series (higher db rating). a friend of mine has a set of pro ears (i think it was the predators) and they sound and work WAY better than my peltor 6S. I don't think the electronics in the 7s and 6s are too different but If i had a choice i'd pick up a set of pro ears.

Thanks. I guess the reason Midway is blowing them out is because there probably getting ready to stock the "Plus" line. A higher db rating would be nice. I SO'ing at the Va IDPA State next weekend, and I need something I can hear with. I have passive, and use plugs sometimes, but then I can't hear normal conversation. Looks like I'll just go with these.

Thats 1 for Pro-Ears

:D Made in the wonderfull place Westcliff Colorado, by happy Americans, for a good American Co. and Dan is a shooter and suports the sport. I had the pleasure to meet most of the people. The product is very good, and he is having to compete with China made stuff floding the market with -look- alike stuff.

You will be very happy

Jamie

I do doulbe plug, but My ears were messed up before the Pro-Ears.

Edited by AlamoShooter

:D Made in the wonderfull place Westcliff Colorado, by happy Americans, for a good American Co. and Dan is a shooter and suports the sport. I had the pleasure to meet most of the people. The product is very good, and he is having to compete with China made stuff floding the market with -look- alike stuff.

You will be very happy

Jamie

Awesome! Thanks! :lol:

That's 2-0 Pro-Slim

I've now had both, and IMO the Peltors bury the ProEars. Totally incomparable as far as quality of noise reduction. My only complaints about the Peltors is that mine don't quite have enough amplification to make double-plugging practical. On the flip side, the noise reduction is so good by themselves, I don't feel a need to double plug. The ProEars were totally useless w/o double-plugging IMO.

Wow! Thanks EW. A lot of people really like the Peltors. I just read an article where the Tactical 7 was thought to outperforme the Pro-Mag in perceived noise reduction. I may wish I had gone ahead, and got those. We'll see.

2-1 :o

I may have tried and older model of the peltors but they did not allow me to hear steel hits as they "clipped out" on the gunfire. The Pro ears do not clip anything and you can hear steel hits or anything that happens along with the ginfire. The loud noises are just dimished and the quiet ones are amplified. I currently have two sets of Pro Ears ... the Pro-Mag and the Standard. Both work fine. I like the NRR of the Pro Mag because I shoot a ported and compensated 9x25. The slims were a littel loud on my gun. Either would be fine for IDPA (non-compensated) pistols although the slims would be more comfortable.

I have a set of Pro-Ears and the have worked fine. Lost the knobs early on. Not fond of the battery compartment being in the cup of the ear. I used them for both shooting and hunting.

I just bought a pair of Peltor Tac 7s for my son and Tac Pros for me. I love them. I like the fact that they use AA batteries, not the smaller battery like the Pro-ears - which are more expensive. Higher NRR than Pro-ears. Tried them in the woods today. I could hear things very clearly without any distortion (including the bobcat that slipped behind me). The Peltors are priced a lot better, too. I got mine from Law Enforcement Targets (www.letargets.com).

Edited by Jack Suber

I'm almost embarassed wearing my old Peltor 7s because they look so out-of-date compared to Pro-ears. I had no idea that they reduced noise better.

The soft ear pieces do seem to seal really well around my glasses. But I can't double plug and hear the timer if it is far from my ears(hearing loss). I have ran the timer for open shooters with only the muffs. It's not bad, but if I shot open I would need more protection.

I really like my Pro Ears. The only problem I have, is getting replacement soft ear pieces (Hygiene Kit). So far I have been ignored by Midway-Denmark and Pro Ears. Apparently it’s too much trouble for such a small order to Europe :(

I got a set of the Predator Plus (26 NRR) Pro Ears a few weeks before Nationals (the only Plus units Brownells had). I previously used the big honkin passive NRR 30 muffs because I shoot Open and I like my ears.

I've used the old Pro-Mags (not enough ear room, heavy, big), old Pro Slims (not quiet enough unless I double-plug) and the Dillon HP1's (ditto, plus the ear pads crack and die quickly)

My take is the 'Plus' goo, whatever it is, works. But, it doesn't work enough that I can ditch the big suckers or double-plugs when I have to shoot indoors or under a roof, or if I'm going to RO a lot of Open guns next to walls.

The amplification on the Predator Pluses sounds ok, though the high frequencies aren't filtered like the other models, so that may annoy some.

If the ear pads hold up, I think these are a winner, though I'd like to try a set of the regular Pro Ears Plus sometime since they're up to 28 NRR or so.

Thanks all! Both showed up today. The Peltors are going back. They do have a little more noise reduction, but they are big, heavy, and flop around too much. The pro-Ears fit me nicely, and reduce noise as well as, or better then the plugs I've been using. They are lighter, and don't move around for me.

I know everyone's head is different, and perhaps some work better then others for most. For now these should do me fine.

Thanks to all again, and see'ya on the range

monkey.gif

yes.....this is how you can find me

[topic-drift]

Has anyone used the "Dimension 2" model of Pro-Ears, which embody stereo connectors for hooking up an audio device?

I am in the market for new ear protection (currently using Dillon HP1's), and frequently listen to ...um.... "motivational music" while waiting my turn to shoot. Currently do it by stuffing iPod ear-buds under my hearing protection, but the idea of being able to connect my iPod *into* the hearing protection itself is sorta intriguing.

Anyone? Anyone?

B

[/thread drift]

Pro ears Rock!! I have a set that is 7 years old that I finally set back into Pro Ears, they are worn 3 to 4 times a week. These were still working but one switch was getting kinda funny sounding when turn on.

Even out of waurentee these guys to care of me. After they inspected them they called me and said that they would replace any electronic parts and replace all the rubber/foam parts for 50 bucks including shiping. They came back like brand new 3 weeks from the day I shiped them out.

Pro Ears A++++++

• 1 month later...
[topic-drift]

Has anyone used the "Dimension 2" model of Pro-Ears, which embody stereo connectors for hooking up an audio device?

I am in the market for new ear protection (currently using Dillon HP1's), and frequently listen to ...um.... "motivational music" while waiting my turn to shoot. Currently do it by stuffing iPod ear-buds under my hearing protection, but the idea of being able to connect my iPod *into* the hearing protection itself is sorta intriguing.

Anyone? Anyone?

B

[/thread drift]

I think the Peltors have a jack for connecting external audio devices. Try the Tactical Pro and ComTac models.

I have a set of Linear-Elite Pro Ears, these Puppies are over 10 years old!!

They are the Sporting Clays Model.

I sent them back to Pro-Ears a couple of Years ago and I had the Electronics upgraded to Dimension 1. They look like Krap, but they are still as good, if not better than when they were new.

Dan Nigro is a great guy and a good friend.

Y