Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Ak47 Mags?

Helmut

It's an AK. It'll run with any mag!

Seriously...I like the polymer ones. I think they are Bulgarian, but I'm not sure. Check out K-Var (google it.) They have just about everything you could want for an AK. Prices, selection, and quality are very good.

Erik

in your opinion, which are the best quality AK47 (7.62x39) 30rd and 40rd mags? thanks

Bulgies seemed to be the best ones available in this country at a good price. The steel ones are much better because the weight helps dump the empty mag out of the rifle during a mag change. I like the waffle pattern mags for cool factor, however. I have both Bulgie waffle and Hungarian 40 steel rounders and both work flawlessly. Next acquision will be a Chinese drum :D

HD

Anyone know which drum mags are the good ones to get? I have a VEPR K I just ran at a local match, that rifle shoots really smooth. Given that it is built on the RPK receiver, having some drum mags would be appropriate.

I got some of the 20 round mags that are in the Blue Press now...they are handy if for no other reason that they fit in your AR15 mag pouches.

Tommi means these black SAKO plastic magazines:

Sako_lipas.jpg

In my experience all of the original "made for war" steel mags function fine. The East German ones are of the best manufacturing quality but as stated earlier all of them function. The Finnish SAKOs are no better than the rest of them plastic ones - I'd stay away of them for competition use..

t tommi

• 1 month later...
  • 11 years later...