Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kkm Barrel For Open 9mm

shooterbenedetto

After not being able to get Schuemann barrels in a timely manner, I contacted KKM to have them make me custom barrels. I use standard diameter for coned comps and 1-32 twist for less torque.

The last 2 pistols grouped 3/8" at 50' off of sandbags. A ransom rest should make that even better. I would think that the bull barrel would be just as good.

I also like the locking lugs having a high point in the middle. It give more contact and easier to work on.

Mine is awesome! I zeroed my scope last year for steel and dropped 5 shots into one ragged hole at 50' off a a shooting bag for a rest. I'm going to buy another for a second barrel comp project and onother 9mm to convert my .40 to 9mm for steel. I have a Schuemann in my limited gun and it doesn't shoot any better or worse than the KKM. Other than money and availablility, I don't see a difference.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I know a gunsmith that says stay away from KKM because they dont last as long as his favorite...though he has one in his gun with over 100,000 rounds through it...

granted its not major 9mm, but 100K is alot of anything to push through a barrel.

I would not think twice about using KKM for any project.

harmon

• 1 month later...