Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Superimposed Video

outerlimits

Wasn't it shred who did something similar with movie maker 2?

Yeah, basic overlay video is easy enough in MM2. Drag two clips taken from the same place onto the timeline, then drag the second back over the first until the overlap looks about right, preview it and tweak as needed.

I'm guessing George was referring to the copious Apple logos and Quicktime format..

My roommate and I did the same thing this weekend at the USPSA match on sunday. these are pretty big videos, 22 and 35mb. The first video shows us on a stand and deliver stage. I am the guy who should REALLY learn to lean into it, my whole body rocks back with each shot. :angry:

Stage 4

The second video shows me getting DQ'ed for dropping my gun. A reminder to everyone, don't step on the fault line then try to push off of it, it will move, you will fall.

Stage 5

Wasn't it shred who did something similar with movie maker 2?

Yeah, basic overlay video is easy enough in MM2. Drag two clips taken from the same place onto the timeline, then drag the second back over the first until the overlap looks about right, preview it and tweak as needed.

I'm guessing George was referring to the copious Apple logos and Quicktime format..

I'm going to give that a try....took some vids with my little nikon coolpix, converted the wmv to avi so I can play in MM2. Amazing what you can put on a 1GIG SD card....

Nope, just mentioning that I knew it was done on a Mac because thats all Butch owns ;-)

Shred, as far as logos go, there are none in the video. The logo you see at the bottom of the page when viewing the movie is builtin to the web page the video is embedded in. Butch has a .Mac account with Apple and uses their webspace for the posting and is very proud of being an Apple user so he chooses to have the "Made on a Mac" statement and the Apple logo at the bottom of the web page that displays the video. This is a choice HE makes, not something Apple does to your video output. The video clips output by iMovie and Quicktime DO NOT get any advertising embedded in them whatsoever.

Nope, just mentioning that I knew it was done on a Mac because thats all Butch owns ;-)

Shred, as far as logos go, there are none in the video. The logo you see at the bottom of the page when viewing the movie is builtin to the web page the video is embedded in. Butch has a .Mac account with Apple and uses their webspace for the posting and is very proud of being an Apple user so he chooses to have the "Made on a Mac" statement and the Apple logo at the bottom of the web page that displays the video. This is a choice HE makes, not something Apple does to your video output. The video clips output by iMovie and Quicktime DO NOT get any advertising embedded in them whatsoever.

You mean, just like Microsoft and Windows Movie Maker and WMV? Who knew? :wacko:

Shred, I thimk you still misunderstand. The Apple logo on Butch's video page is there only because he has chosen to put it there himself. There is NO branding done to your media by Apple just because you use an Apple product or post on an Apple served webspace you pay for. Unlike the .wmv extension MS brands your video output with I don't see Apple's name included in the .mov QT extension as an acronym, or for that matter, anywhere in any content output by any of their software. :ph34r::P:)

Um, I never said the logos were in the video... but you might want to open a .MOV with a text editor sometime if you believe "Apple" isn't in the content.. and that's all the sidetracking this thread needs.

• 9 months later...
Cool, but it would have been really neat if they had started from the same position

here's a few new ones. the top 2 have shooters starting from the exact same position. look closely on the one with the limited guys. same two guys RO'ing...looks for a minute that they are RO'ing themselves. funny when they pass each other on the video.

http://web.mac.com/speedoption/iWeb/CAPSL/Movie%2016.html